Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 11-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #181
JoeA is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I'm curious as to why you want those 2 things.

I wan those things because I drive 30-40K miles per year. Yes, most of them are luxury items but I have no problem paying for them. Toyota ought to at least provide them as options.

I do not want t full size truck, I just want a few amenities and I can't be the only one out there that feels this way. Heck, look at the forum topics and you'll see interest.

It's time for Toyota to step up to the plate. If they do they just might see how much pent up demand there is for a refresh. If they do it they'll crush the Colorado and rein champion for another 9 years.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #182
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post
According to the Australia Toyota site the Hilux Double Cab diesel gets 8.1 l/100km (29 mpg) with 253 lb-ft of torque
Now that is a truck that needs brought to the US! Along with the Maloo R8 Ute!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #183
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
I am far from a GM fan, however I must say this is a nice looking vehicle. The one thing that deters me from wanting one of these is the bed size. I'm not sure if they will offer the longer bed with the 4 door cab but in all the picks it's just too short...
They will offer a Crew Cab Long Box

https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-color...all-truck.html
Click "Bodystyle"
Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #184
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
They will offer a Crew Cab Long Box

https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-color...all-truck.html
Click "Bodystyle"
I'll probably still wait until I see something that I must have. The monthly payment of $0 for my Taco is a great selling point to keep it.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #185
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma will be completely updated for the 2016 MY. I can all but promise you they are working on it as we speak. The auto industry is all a game and is so predictable. One manufacture will be the top dog for maybe a full model year, then the competition will up the ante and so on and so on. GM will take some Tacoma sale numbers for at least 2 years. The new Tacoma will be a lot like the 4runner in terms of interior IMO.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #186
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a lot of people bought the wrong truck.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #187
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Just another government motors shit box. You can polish a turd, but its still a turd.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #188
eviele will become famous soon enougheviele will become famous soon enough

eviele's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Girls look good. I'm sold!

Thanks for the arrows pointing out the girls.
Never would have found them otherwise.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #189
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious on how the 4 cyl. turbo diesel. is going to work out. allot of people cry that they should make a taco in that fashion.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #190
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviele View Post
Thanks for the arrows pointing out the girls.
Never would have found them otherwise.
Thought I would play is safe with the arrows, some guys love their trucks a bit too much on these forums and might not notice the girls.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #191
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^I don't know what you mean. The Hilux in my sig looks pretty good.

Quote:
  • Optional 2016 engine will be a Duramax 2.8L I-4 turbo diesel avaiable at all trim levels
  • The V6 with the tow package will pull 3,039kg (6,700 lb)
Would be interesting to see the fuel economy of the diesel. According to the Australia Toyota site the Hilux Double Cab diesel gets 8.1 l/100km (29 mpg) with 253 lb-ft of torque
The 2.8L diesel is already in the global Colorado, so you can pull fuel economy and power/torque numbers from that. Go to Holden's Australia site for specs. Reduce the hp level by 10% to account for US emission equipment.

The global Colorado is rated for 3.5 tonnes towing capacity. Interesting to see it drop by almost 1000 lb when tested to US standards.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #192
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

The global Colorado is rated for 3.5 tonnes towing capacity. Interesting to see it drop by almost 1000 lb when tested to US standards.
The US Colorado frame is 40% lighter than the global frame. That may account for some of it. As well as how litigious happy some of us are.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #193
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked up the Holden Colorado 4x4 with the 2.8 diesel (essentially the same truck we are getting, except our frame 40% lighter + we are getting the active aero features), and it's rated for 25 mpg city/31 hwy (US, not imperial mpg)
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #194
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
Just looked up the Holden Colorado 4x4 with the 2.8 diesel (essentially the same truck we are getting, except our frame 40% lighter + we are getting the active aero features), and it's rated for 25 mpg city/31 hwy (US, not imperial mpg)
And the 2.8 has just been updated with better power and fuel efficiency. But who knows how all the USA emissions crap will effect mpg. Hope GM gets it right with 30mpg+ hw and reliable without an extreme price increase, and take some Taco sales, so maybe Toyota will put the D4D in the taco finally.
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013...1-duramax.html
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #195
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
colorado will never do as good as tacoma cause their reliabilty is shit! Unless they can improve that tacoma will always win!!! ALWAYS!!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #196
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Really? i thought the engine (4.0 anyway) was quite quick.
If you want to feel a sluggish truck drive a 1st gen AC auto with the 2.7. the 3.4 isn't that impressive either.

There's gotta be a reason that lots of trucks use them, our 05 F-250 has drums, my 95 and 03 tacomas have them, my sisters 08 tacoma has them, ect....

I don't like blind spot monitoring either, IMO it makes the average driver more complacent.
Drums are stronger than discs. That's why a lot of heavier trucks have them. For a light duty pickup/daily driver, I agree, I hate the drums. I prefer the simplicity and ease of maintenance that comes with disk brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Unless and until GM and Nissan put an oil burner in the Colorado and Titan or Frontier.

But seriously, GM has had an oil burner in the Silverado, well, forever.
Nissan is putting one in the Titan, but that would only push Toyota to put one in the Tundra.

If Colorado is the only midsized oil burner, I would not expect Toyota to be one of the first to respond.
I don't even think Nissan putting an oil burner in the Titan will cause Toyota to react, much like Dodge putting one in the Ram hasn't caused any changes. Different class of vehicles, different buyers. I'd expect the diesel Titan and Ram to be more suited to compete against the F-150 ecoboost and of course the Silverado and Tundra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Sounds like a lot of people bought the wrong truck.
Nothing wrong with wanting features that another manufacturer provides... The Tacoma does not have a whole lot of features but they do have the long standing history of being long-lasting and reliable. I'd be willing to guess that's why a lot of people bought their truck to begin with. Doesn't mean those same people don't want some features that aren't available or even that'd they'd buy a different truck just because of those features.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #197
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
I think Chevy and Ford for that matter are gaining massive ground on Toyota in the reliability game. Our trucks, Tacoma's, have a ton of things that are known to go wrong with them. Luckily for us those aren't the engine or the tranny so what goes wrong is a nuisance but not a show stopper.

I think in general people in this tread are downplaying the threat a bit because it's a Chevy. Like it or not but GM is performing extremely well in all categories as we speak. If this truck proves to be reliable it's a really nice package aimed directly at us. Talk about perfect timing to release a new mid size truck.

Tacoma owners are frustrated and there are lots and lots of us waiting for that redesign.

I love my truck but it also irritates the shit out of me that I don't/didn't have options for heated mirrors, seats, 4 wheel disc, leather etc.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #198
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPRO4X4 View Post
I'm curious on how the 4 cyl. turbo diesel. is going to work out. allot of people cry that they should make a taco in that fashion.

Apparently the diesel didn't work out too well in their testing. Hence delaying its intro until 2016.

I know for sure I saw a Chevy Colorado prototype diesel trying to climb a 6% grade here in Colorado back in September. Thing was blowing white smoke out of the exhaust, couldn't hold 55 mph on the grade.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #199
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
Apparently the diesel didn't work out too well in their testing. Hence delaying its intro until 2016.

I know for sure I saw a Chevy Colorado prototype diesel trying to climb a 6% grade here in Colorado back in September. Thing was blowing white smoke out of the exhaust, couldn't hold 55 mph on the grade.
I don't think 369 lbs tq at 2000rpm will have problems going up a 6% grade. Meeting california CARB is a different story.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #200
eviele will become famous soon enougheviele will become famous soon enough

eviele's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thought I would play is safe with the arrows, some guys love their trucks a bit too much on these forums and might not notice the girls.

good point...