LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 11-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #201
Custom User Title
.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

.jake's Tacoma Gallery
My gardener doesn't give two squirts about any of the things on the want/gripe list. He uses a truck like a truck. That T100 of his is beat to poo. I bet the windows never even go up. No leather, dual climate, bluetooth, backup camera, nav, satellite, heated seats or mirrors. Nada. He seems content.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #202
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by .jake View Post
My gardener doesn't give two squirts about any of the things on the want/gripe list. He uses a truck like a truck. That T100 of his is beat to poo. I bet the windows never even go up. No leather, dual climate, bluetooth, backup camera, nav, satellite, heated seats or mirrors. Nada. He seems content.
Good for your gardener? Can't all trucks be "used like a truck?" Or is there some rule somewhere that the moment a truck has leather or heated mirrors that it stops being a truck?

I love my Truck but it's every bit as much as a family hauler as it is an off roader or weekend warrior. Evidenced by the car seat and booster seat strapped in the back 24/7.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #203
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what you're saying is, your gardener is poor as fuck and a careless slob?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #204
Custom User Title
.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

.jake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Good for your gardener? Can't all trucks be "used like a truck?" Or is there some rule somewhere that the moment a truck has leather or heated mirrors that it stops being a truck?

I love my Truck but it's every bit as much as a family hauler as it is an off roader or weekend warrior. Evidenced by the car seat and booster seat strapped in the back 24/7.
Hmm, not aimed at you, no need to be sensitive. You do agree a truck is not aimed at a luxury market, right? Efforts to clad a truck with appointments more often seen in a sedan just don't make a lot of sense to me. I do get to have an opinion on here, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadwrench View Post
So what you're saying is, your gardener is poor as fuck and a careless slob?
I didn't say either of those things. He may be both, but I'd never know. Flame on...
Old 11-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #205
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, not aimed at you, no need to be sensitive. You do agree a truck is not aimed at a luxury market, right? Efforts to clad a truck with appointments more often seen in a sedan just don't make a lot of sense to me. I do get to have an opinion on here, right?
That's why most manufacturers offer different trim packages. Some poeple want a down and dirty truck that will be on jobsites every day, driven hard and put away wet. Other people will still use their truck as a hauler but it will also double as a daily driver and family hauler so having at least the option to have some creature comforts is attractive to some people.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #206
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's why most manufacturers offer different trim packages. Some poeple want a down and dirty truck that will be on jobsites every day, driven hard and put away wet. Other people will still use their truck as a hauler but it will also double as a daily driver and family hauler so having at least the option to have some creature comforts is attractive to some people.
Trucks in the US are also migrating towards luxury status anyways. Full size trucks are slowly replacing cars as the "American family sedan", and expensive luxury versions are only the natural progression from there.

In the US, pickup trucks are no longer work vehicles. They are regular vehicles that can be used for work.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #207
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Mostly because Americans can't fit in sedans
Old 11-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #208
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
The more I look at it the more I lol it kinda....except for that plastic piece at the bottom of the front end..not sure what its for but it would have to come off haha.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #209
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^I think GM acknowledges the front chin spoiler is ugly but a necessary evil to improve fuel economy. That's why the chin spoiler is missing in most of the publicity photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolio View Post
And the 2.8 has just been updated with better power and fuel efficiency. But who knows how all the USA emissions crap will effect mpg. Hope GM gets it right with 30mpg+ hw and reliable without an extreme price increase, and take some Taco sales, so maybe Toyota will put the D4D in the taco finally.
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013...1-duramax.html
Look at what kind of price premium the Grand Cherokee and Ram Ecodiesel models are commanding. Expect a 10% reduction in hp and fuel economy when the 2.8L diesel comes over, with a $5000-6000 premium over the V6.

Another very likely possibility is the new Colorado will make just a small dent in Taco sales, steal a few buyers from the Silverado, and complete shut out the Nissan Frontier. Remember, in a Darwinist environment, the weakest perish...
Old 11-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #210
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Look at what kind of price premium the Grand Cherokee and Ram Ecodiesel models are commanding. Expect a 10% reduction in hp and fuel economy when the 2.8L diesel comes over, with a $5000-6000 premium over the V6.
The diesel is going to be offered in all model configurations as stated in the article I provided a few posts back.

Not sure if this is valid for comparison but if you look at the Chevy Cruze - the diesel option is only offered on 1 model configuration (pimped out version) for $24,945 in Canada and considering the identically spec'ed Cruze 2LT (except 1.4l gas engine and downgrade from 17" wheels on the diesel to 16 " wheels) is $21,395 - so a $3550 difference.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #211
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Meh. It's largely a facelift. Some improvements, sure, but the Tacoma smacked Colorado around so much in the last iteration that this one would have to be... Well far more improved than it is. But, we shall see. Maybe GM has actually pulled their head out their ass finally. And the diesel thing is interesting, but that's not for another 2 years and it's not as though chevy diesels have the best of reputations.

Toyota doesn't need to respond, and likely won't for some time. I hope they don't, anyway. My truck is at 40k miles - it's only just getting broke in.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #212
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Mostly because Americans can't fit in sedans
It's not Americans getting bigger... it's sedans getting smaller and closer to the ground.

Today's Camry compared to a comparably sized domestic from the late 80s, like the Mercury Topaz... about 6" lower seat height, which is a HUGE deal for older people who are not as flexible as they were when they were 20.

And that's not even going back to when a "small" car could still seat 5 or 6 people like a late 60s Chevelle.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #213
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
wether you you like this new Colorado or not, its exciting for this segment to finally get something new! And this new truck is clearly taking aim at the Tacoma. It can only result in Toyota stepping up their game and giving us a good 3rd gen hopefully soon!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #214
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of forum members who are ready to jump ship to this Chevy...are you listening Toyota!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #215
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
It's not Americans getting bigger... it's sedans getting smaller and closer to the ground.

Today's Camry compared to a comparably sized domestic from the late 80s, like the Mercury Topaz... about 6" lower seat height, which is a HUGE deal for older people who are not as flexible as they were when they were 20.

And that's not even going back to when a "small" car could still seat 5 or 6 people like a late 60s Chevelle.
I don't think those older cars are as big as you think they are.

A 1969 Chevelle was 54" tall. The Camry is 58" tall.
The Chevelle was 9" off the ground. The Camry is 7".

The Chevelle was 59" wide. The Camry is 72" wide.

The Chevelle was 200" inches long. The Camry is only 190". So there is that.

So the Camry is both much taller and wider and only a little shorter.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #216
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
2" higher off the ground, but more importantly, the seats sat higher.
This reduced headroom compared to modern vehicles (designed for people with thicker asses), but made it a LOT easier to get in and out of.

I fairness, the current Camry is much easier to get in and out of than the last generation. The cars that I absolutely hate are our pool cars at work... NGV Civics. I feel like my ass is 4" off the pavement and I can't see over the tailgate of a 5-lug Tacoma.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #217
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
There are a lot of forum members who are ready to jump ship to this Chevy...are you listening Toyota!!!

if i ever jump ship to a chevy, i'd but me a corvette and not thier trucks. absolutely keepin my Taco. I'm sure Toyota's keepin an eye on the competiton
Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #218
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Who?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #219
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Who?
Read through the 11 pages, lots of people have interest. I don't recall many saying "I'm gone" however..
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #220
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Read through the 11 pages, lots of people have interest. I don't recall many saying "I'm gone" however..
Sure, I think it looks good as well, not getting one though. I haven't seen anyone say "I'm trading my Tacoma for one asap."

Products Discussed in this Thread