Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Looks better than I thought it would. The official release is tomorrow morning, 9:30 PST.

The more competition, the better.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
It’s not too bad looking, but I don't really buy trucks based on their appearance. Same thing with cars, I think my Corolla is kinda ugly, but it’s one of the best commuter cars I've ever owned.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I'm honestly surprised Chevy is even getting back in the midsize market. Seems like a lot of work to try and take market share in a demographic that isn't a huge portion of overall car sales anyways. I figured they would have said, "Let the imports have the (relatively) small midsize market. Let's focus on going after more of the fullsize market."

I really like the new Silverado/Sierra. The thought of 20 mpg highway in a 400+ hp/torque 6.2L V8 4x4 Sierra Denali is very enticing to me (and has me rethinking what I thought I'd already decided on for my next truck). I'd think with as strong as a truck as the new GM fullsize is, that they'd put all their focus in that.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
In that one picture it actually looks better than a 2012+ Tacoma, there I've said it.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, the video go removed, leaving just a screenshot.

Interesting how the rear wheel has forward airdam that looks like a mini-mudflap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The Frontier never left and is, and always has been, a better competitor than the Colorado. I wouldn't expect Toyota to do anything in response to the Colorado coming back.
This is a good point. The Frontier already has a more powerful engine than the Taco (though it's still slower on the dragstrip). It will be interesting to see how the new and larger/heavier Colorado performs with the 3.6L LFX V6 (shared with the Camaro and Equinox).
Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
The big deal with this New colorado is the fact that it will have a diesel, 2.8l duramax will be available the second year of production. Other then that it will have a 2.5l 4banger standard with 193hp/ 184tq and an optional 3.6l v6 rated at 302hp/270tq. Both engines are supposed to have good fuel economy and are backed by 6spd transmissions. They also edged out the Tacoma on payload and offer 7500lb tow rating. So with that said Toyota will have to step it up as the Colorado will now have class leading fuel economy/power and towing ratings.

Would I buy it? Gm couldn't pay me to take it, I came from a 2005 Colorado to my 2012 Tacoma, my Colorado had so many issues it was unreal and was eventually the reason I traded her in.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota won't be threatened. Toyota buyers know better than to buy a Chevy
Old 11-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
If you think Toyota won't be threatened you are wrong. They will need to do something to make the Tacoma more relevant.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
7500 lb towing in Australia. We'll see if it can maintain the same payload and tow ratings in the US, where it's subject to rollover testing and SAE J2807 towing standard.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #31
Frissen will become famous soon enough

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
this is what I saw down here in Mexico a few days ago, but its been circulating for at least all the 2013 from what I can remember

There are a few around the corner from my office, they seem to belong to the high ranking guys at the local IRS office as they sit in a group of 4 or 5 outside their building so I have had the chance to take a closer look, and... NO WAY CLOSE TO OUR TACOS!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #32
cruxofthebisquit is on a distinguished road

Name: John
cruxofthebisquit's Tacoma Gallery
The only part of the market it can steal is people who trade in frequently.
And only then if it's priced lower than Toyo......which won't be hard to do.

I know I don't buy Chevy's for the long haul.

I just wish SOMONE would get back into the SMALL truck market.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
FWIW, the Dodge diesel is rumored to be the same one that is being put in the new Grand Cherokee. If Dodge does the same crap that Jeep did with that engine, it won't compete with the Tacoma at all. You can't even get the diesel in the Grand Cherokee until you're at limited trim or higher and it's tied to a luxury package so the total increase in price for adding the diesel is $7,500.
Yes, it's the Ecodiesel that's in the Grand Cherokee. However in the Ram it's available on even the cheapest of trim levels as a $4,500 option or about $3,000 more than the Hemi. I'll be interested to see official fuel economy ratings but I've read some testers have gotten close to 30 on the highway while being very light on the foot and 23 in combined normal driving.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #34
Frissen will become famous soon enough

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
also, there are tons of mid size trucks around here, al US brands have one, Ford seems to have a tropicalized versión of the Ranger and also from the Frontier I don't even know how versión there are around here... nonetheless nothing like a Taco
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
Custom User Title
.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed.jake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

.jake's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of whether you lease vehicles or not, the residual value is a key indicator toward how well the manufacturer believes the vehicle will depreciate. There is some gambling there. Taco's have one of (but not) the highest residual values of any vehicle. I would love to see what GM sets the 36 and 48 month residuals at.

It would be even more interesting to see a comparably equipped Tacoma & Colorado after 60 or 72 months. If both were bought for $30k, how much difference would there be in time? Time will tell, but I think we all have a gut feeling how this will shake out.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #36
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frissen View Post
this is what I saw down here in Mexico a few days ago, but its been circulating for at least all the 2013 from what I can remember

There are a few around the corner from my office, they seem to belong to the high ranking guys at the local IRS office as they sit in a group of 4 or 5 outside their building so I have had the chance to take a closer look, and... NO WAY CLOSE TO OUR TACOS!
That's the global version, sold in Latin America, Thailand and Australia (with a bunch of factory accessories available). The US version is supposedly wider and has a different interior.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #37
cooleronline is on a distinguished road

cooleronline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
yeah but the big 3 will push toyota more than the frontier.

if ford was to bring back the ranger to us shores again and drop a ecoboost v6, ram does a v6 diesel, etc.

if chevy gets the ball rolling to get back in the mid size and the other 2 join back in, you think toyota wouldnt sit up and take notice.
If Ford brings back the Ranger it will be way down market. They think trucks like the Tacoma suffer from "feature creep". Ford will not be pushing the Tacoma to greater heights.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-co...-pickup-truck/

IMHO the Tacoma is the perfect size (DCLB just barely fits in my garage), but is light on comfort and performance features. Primarily, the stock suspension sucks (TRD Sport). If they made a Tacoma similar to the F150 Platinum I'd be all over it.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #38
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested to see one of these in person. I liked the front 1/4 view from the original photo, but not the rear view.

What I think will be an interesting point is to see how Toyota handles the impending frame rust problems. They've had now over 15 years to solve the issue, and it's creeping back again, so I think if people on here who bought a 2nd gen after the buyback on their first gen lose that one to a recall as well, they'd be less apt to buy a 3rd.

I'm in the minority I think in wishing my truck was a bit smaller and similar in size to the 89-95 models. Granted, I'm doing very little people hauling.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #39
dilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud of

Marines: VMA-223
dilligaff82's Tacoma Gallery
Be interesting to see what Toyota does with the new 2015 Tacoma.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #40
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I can barely look at the fuckin' thing.