Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 01-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #441
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
An affordable short wheelbase RC, dually, diesel w/power moonroof could be interesting. We'll see.
you forgot 40mpg and a 15k tow rating.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #442
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^What about D-rings in the front of the bed? Or is that too much to ask for?

With all the Twitter account posts, probably just the hydrogen car with camoflage removed:

http://twitter.com/Toyota

I thought the FCV was unveiled at Tokyo. I'm hoping, but not betting on a new supra or Tacoma.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #443
snowmanwithahat is on a distinguished road
snowmanwithahat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going next Sunday to the auto show. It'll be really interesting to see how these look in person.

I've really been in the market for a taco for a while. spruce mica access cab trd OR would be my first choice. It still looks great and I don't think it looks old. But the truth is that we all know some features, especially engine and transmission, are a little dated.

The Canyon doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to. I really liked the new Colorado when it was unveiled (it definitely stole the front bumper and door/window lines off the tacoma), and I expected this Canyon to look TOO blocky and sierra-like. It definitely keeps it's GMC heritage, but it doesn't look too bad. I wish it wouldn't sit so damn low, but that seems to be a necessary evil with anything that's going to have decent economy these days.

If the Colorado or Canyon don't put me off at the auto show I'm probably going to wait on a taco and end up splurging on a diesel GMC double cab when it's released in late 2015.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #444
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=snowmanwithahat;7999088] It still looks great and I don't think it looks old. But the truth is that we all know some features, especially engine and transmission, are a little dated. [QUOTE]

To be quite honest if Toyota would just update the engines in the Tacoma I would probably buy another one in a couple of years. As you said I'm pretty happy with the exterior looks and all the 2nd gens really have nice interiors. Especially the 2012+, but the entire 2nd gen is heads and shoulders what small truck interiors used to be. But to make the sacrifice to drive a small truck I should be rewarded with better mpgs than what the current trucks get. Most of the newer full size trucks seem to be knocking on 20mpg. Updating the power trains would make them competitive again.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #445
TacoMan1911 is on a distinguished road
TacoMan1911's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody seen the new 2015 canyon? It's a really nice truck!! I'm getting worried that toyota isn't going to update the tacoma to be as good as the new canyon. How can you beat a midsize truck with a great ride and low road noise. I hope toyota really steps it up for 2015. Otherwise, I think the tacoma will see a major drop in sales. Sorry for the ranting, just was shaken up by how nice the canyon is. Tacomas as they sit now are low Mpg, rough riding, loud cabin trucks. Let's face it!! No offense, I own one too.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #446
[QUOTE=Fordless;7999164][QUOTE=snowmanwithahat;7999088] It still looks great and I don't think it looks old. But the truth is that we all know some features, especially engine and transmission, are a little dated.
Quote:

To be quite honest if Toyota would just update the engines in the Tacoma I would probably buy another one in a couple of years. As you said I'm pretty happy with the exterior looks and all the 2nd gens really have nice interiors. Especially the 2012+, but the entire 2nd gen is heads and shoulders what small truck interiors used to be. But to make the sacrifice to drive a small truck I should be rewarded with better mpgs than what the current trucks get. Most of the newer full size trucks seem to be knocking on 20mpg. Updating the power trains would make them competitive again.
I'd settle for something like a 6 speed auto, or even a competitor to the 8-speed auto we're seeing in Rams now. Or maybe a little bit more power like the 3.6 being offered in the Chevy (300/270) while getting similar mileage would really make me happy. Or maybe a US spec diesel? Any of these would keep interest in the Tacoma really hot.

I still can't shake the idea of a new Tacoma, spruce mica, access cab, trd off-road, color matched grille and bumper (like the sport, without a scoop)... despite all the drawbacks like the PITA it'll be servicing the rear drums, the weaker non-fully boxed frame and older engine and trans, I'll probably end up getting one.

I mean really, all 3 look good, but the Taco still looks better...

Old 01-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #447
[QUOTE=snowmanwithahat;7999228][QUOTE=Fordless;7999164]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
It still looks great and I don't think it looks old. But the truth is that we all know some features, especially engine and transmission, are a little dated.

I'd settle for something like a 6 speed auto, or even a competitor to the 8-speed auto we're seeing in Rams now. Or maybe a little bit more power like the 3.6 being offered in the Chevy (300/270) while getting similar mileage would really make me happy. Or maybe a US spec diesel? Any of these would keep interest in the Tacoma really hot.

I still can't shake the idea of a new Tacoma, spruce mica, access cab, trd off-road, color matched grille and bumper (like the sport, without a scoop)... despite all the drawbacks like the PITA it'll be servicing the rear drums, the weaker non-fully boxed frame and older engine and trans, I'll probably end up getting one.

I mean really, all 3 look good, but the Taco still looks better...

I don't know man, the tacoma does look good, but it also looks like so last years model. The canyon and the Colorado definitely look mor modern in my opinion. I just hope toyota doesn't mess the look up totally by making it look like the 4runner. That would be awful!!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #448
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMan1911 View Post
I just hope toyota doesn't mess the look up totally by making it look like the 4runner. That would be awful!!

That certainly would be the nail in the coffin.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #449
[QUOTE=TacoMan1911;7999257][QUOTE=snowmanwithahat;7999228]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordless View Post

I don't know man, the tacoma does look good, but it also looks like so last years model.
A little bit of color matched parts, paint, tires and spacers really liven it up. Stole this from the spruce mica thread... This is what I mean by I'd pass up the new tech on the Colorado and Canyon for the looks of the Tacoma. It's very hard to beat a truck like this.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #450
[QUOTE=snowmanwithahat;7999330][QUOTE=TacoMan1911;7999257]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post

A little bit of color matched parts, paint, tires and spacers really liven it up. Stole this from the spruce mica thread... This is what I mean by I'd pass up the new tech on the Colorado and Canyon for the looks of the Tacoma. It's very hard to beat a truck like this.

Yeah, toyota should keep the looks the same, but change the mileage and make the truck more comfortable and quiet. Then this thing would be unstoppable.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #451
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMan1911 View Post
Yeah, toyota should keep the looks the same, but change the mileage and make the truck more comfortable and quiet. Then this thing would be unstoppable.
Toyota tried the "unstoppable" thing and it didn't work out so well.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #452
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Stopping wasn't the issue. Toyota's problem was the other slogan, "Going Forward".
Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 AM   #453
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
If Toyota does release something how many threads do you guys think will pop up about it?
Probaly just as many as I want a diesel tacoma, or even the how big of a tire I can fit on a stock tacoma haha
Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 AM   #454
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
have you guys seen the previous problems colorado and canyon had... man its insane, engine misfire, tranmission problems, and electrical, GM is trying to make it nice outside but reliability just isn't there, that's why they sell it cheaper than toyota and nissan
Old 01-13-2014, 05:06 AM   #455
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
have you guys seen the previous problems colorado and canyon had... man its insane, engine misfire, tranmission problems, and electrical, GM is trying to make it nice outside but reliability just isn't there, that's why they sell it cheaper than toyota and nissan
That might be a fair assumption about Colorados from the past, but not all GMs are like that. I had an S10 (blazer) with the 4.3 and I had nothing but reliability from the engine and transmission. I tore a CV boot, which was my own damn fault, and after 10 years the front wheel bearings were shot. Likewise, my father who is driving a duramax 2500 has had great reliability. We've towed a ton of times with a 2 place goose neck trailer that weighs in at 22,000 pounds when you fully load it and count the truck weight. That's close to a gvw of 10,000, which is slightly over rated. No engine, transmission or axle problems yet.

I have hope that it could be a decent vehicle if it's less like the old Colorado than the name suggests.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #456
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
In All Terrain trim I think the new Canyon looks sweet. Not that I could see myself going back to a midsize but if I did I'd have to say that would be what I'd choose. Interested to see what kind of final numbers the Duranax puts out.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #457
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Wasn't a diesel or laser engine Tacoma
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...-1_sports.html

Toyota is finally adding a sports car though

the rear looks like a bmw+ a rx8. The doors look like a frs and maybe a viper and the front looks like a lexus mixed with something I am having trouble putting my finger on.....
Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #458
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=04trd;7998779]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post

how dare you say you want another truck on Tacoma world!! Everyone here bleeds Toyota blood. You should be banned!,

I hang my head in shame. That said...I love my Taco. She's goin' nowhere.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #459
Joshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoshua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joshua
Joshua's Tacoma Gallery
I look at both GM's new midsizes' interiors....and I don't see it. I don't see how the designers looked at that, put a big touchscreen in the middle, said "f the passenger side, that'll just be a glove box. Yeah, the entire side," and made it their "revolutionized, stylish interior". And that's not just their midsizes, their full sized trucks too.
Don't get me wrong, love love the exterior looks of the Sierra, Silverado, ect...even looking inside some of the trucks makes me want one. But they have got to evolve their current dash layout.

I wish one, either the Colorado or the Canyon, would've stylized their whole exterior to either be that "bubble" style or squareish. I'd like to see how the Canyon looks completely squareish.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #460
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by =JSG= View Post
GM has been using that automatic transfer case since 1999 in their 2500HD and smaller gasoline powered trucks.

New Tacoma might be at the Detroit auto show:

http://www.associatednews.com/headli...ket-price/6967
I believe only the 1500s had the auto 4 wheel though. could be wrong.