Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 03-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #541
Tuck91 is on a distinguished road

Tuck91's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma interior is nicer than any GM interior
Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #542
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsus View Post
this is hilarious....tacoma owners taking hits at another trucks interior "quality"

really? #1 on my list of things i hate about my tacoma is the incredibly shitty interior and quality of materials..its offensive how much they charge for this truck and put that interior on it.

suddenly! after word of GM making their global mid size truck avail to the US they start offering leather seats, heaters, baja editions, chrome packages....nice
It's all relative. Tacoma has a better interior than the Frontier and the outgoing Colorado, Ranger and Dakota.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #543
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is hilarious....tacoma owners taking hits at another trucks interior "quality"

really? #1 on my list of things i hate about my tacoma is the incredibly shitty interior and quality of materials..its offensive how much they charge for this truck and put that interior on it.

don't get me started on the fact that it took until f ing 2013 to even offer a leather looking seat!!! i had to go buy my own godam leather/weather proof seat covers for my truck so that my seats wouldn't look like a dirty dog attacked it after only 2 camping outings. Utter lack of respect for the costumers, toyota knew full well they owned the market and threw in its lowest form available at us.

suddenly! after word of GM making their global mid size truck avail to the US they start offering leather seats, heaters, baja editions, chrome packages....nice
What are costumers? Are they akin to Larper's?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #544
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
One of the main reasons I bought a 4Runner and selling 13 Tacoma is the lack of refinement and quality materials. The drivers door weatherstripping had started to rub and make an impression on the bottom door sill. Come on guys! The plastic clips won't stay on that hold the front mud flaps on. My seats are already showing a good amount of wear on the bolsters. I know this may all sound pitty to some guys on here, but for the amount of money these costs I feel my money was better spent on a 4Runner. It's just a cumulation of so many misc things. Believe me, I am not anti/Toyota.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #545
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
What are costumers? Are they akin to Larper's?
WTF is a Larper?

Edit: Never mind; google.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #546
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
WTF is a Larper?

Edit: Never mind; google.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #547
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
It does seem like an awfully strange hobby.
On the other hand, some of the outfits that those chicks at comic con wear...
That sword cuts both ways, though. Every so often you have to avert your eyes or you'll go blind, because Jabba the Hutt somehow managed to find Leia's bikini in their size.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #548
whiplash willy is on a distinguished road
whiplash willy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo8696 View Post
One of the main reasons I bought a 4Runner and selling 13 Tacoma is the lack of refinement and quality materials. The drivers door weatherstripping had started to rub and make an impression on the bottom door sill. Come on guys! The plastic clips won't stay on that hold the front mud flaps on. My seats are already showing a good amount of wear on the bolsters. I know this may all sound pitty to some guys on here, but for the amount of money these costs I feel my money was better spent on a 4Runner. It's just a cumulation of so many misc things. Believe me, I am not anti/Toyota.
I can't imagine that it would be possible for the Tacoma interior to be much worse then the 5th gen 4runners. All cheap plastic. Horrible fitting panels with huge uneven gaps. Pieces (like plastic behind the steering wheel) are attached with minimal fasteners, so they creak and are loose. Seat material shows signs of wear at 10k miles. Door Seals are barley attached with a minimal amount of clips, and is just hanging there in some places. For $35k+ it is really sad. I feel really bad for the Limited owners who have the same crappy interior and paid $45k. Also, about 1/3 of the buttons aren't even illuminated, and neither is the 4wd knob.

2013 4runner SR5 with Conv & 3rd row. MSRP $37k.

1 of the many examples of Panel Gap:

Cheap/Thin/Loose Plastic behind steering wheel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNfN...IbJD0zK0rVbYTw
Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #549
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash willy View Post

Cheap/Thin/Loose Plastic behind steering wheel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNfN...IbJD0zK0rVbYTw
OH SHIT THAT THING IS DESTROYED. UNUSABLE TRUCK.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
OH SHIT THAT THING IS DESTROYED. UNUSABLE TRUCK.
Must be a lemon. Better get a lawyer!

Panel gaps allow for flex without noise. Vehicles flex as they drive, and if your panels are rubbing together you get squeaking and rattling. Small gaps are necessary for a quiet interior. A Tacoma's not going to have Mercedes or BMW quality interior fittings, unless you're willing to dump Mercedes or BMW $$$. I understand that by the standards of newly designed vehicles the panel fitments on the Tacoma's aren't as snug as they could be. But by the standards of the other vehicles that were around in 2003 or so when the 2nd Gen Tacoma's were designed they're awesome. Go hop into the cab of a 2005 Silverado and then you'll have panel gaps and rattles to bitch about.
When Toyota finally gets around to producing the 3rd Gen Tacoma I'm sure that the complaints about interior gaps and rattles will be addressed. And if they're not, then you'll have plenty of reason to crank to Toyota.

I drove a '99 1st gen prior to getting my '10 2nd gen. Compared to my '99, the interior on my '10 is absolutely amazing. Compared to the new '14 Chevy Silverado, not so much. But the Silverado's a brand new design.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #551
whiplash willy is on a distinguished road
whiplash willy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Must be a lemon. Better get a lawyer!

Panel gaps allow for flex without noise. Vehicles flex as they drive, and if your panels are rubbing together you get squeaking and rattling. Small gaps are necessary for a quiet interior. A Tacoma's not going to have Mercedes or BMW quality interior fittings, unless you're willing to dump Mercedes or BMW $$$. I understand that by the standards of newly designed vehicles the panel fitments on the Tacoma's aren't as snug as they could be. But by the standards of the other vehicles that were around in 2003 or so when the 2nd Gen Tacoma's were designed they're awesome. Go hop into the cab of a 2005 Silverado and then you'll have panel gaps and rattles to bitch about.
When Toyota finally gets around to producing the 3rd Gen Tacoma I'm sure that the complaints about interior gaps and rattles will be addressed. And if they're not, then you'll have plenty of reason to crank to Toyota.

I drove a '99 1st gen prior to getting my '10 2nd gen. Compared to my '99, the interior on my '10 is absolutely amazing. Compared to the new '14 Chevy Silverado, not so much. But the Silverado's a brand new design.
Toyota's quality has been on the decline since the early 2000s. I seriously doubt they will address any problems the 2nd gens had with the 3rd gen. They will just have further cut costs, and use even cheaper materials then before. Im not asking for Mercedes quality interior, but even Kia quality interior would be a step up. You can find vehicles under $30k with much better interior materials and fitment.

Toyota is just going to keep cutting costs until they reach the breaking point, then they will reel it back a little. I don't think things are going to get better, but worse. That has been the trend so far.

Quote:
So with 9 years of Toyota not addressing gaps and rattles isn't reason enough to complain, but if they still aren't addressed by the 3rd gen it will be justified to complain?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #552

Quote:
Toyota's quality has been on the decline since the early 2000s. I seriously doubt they will address any problems the 2nd gens had with the 3rd gen. They will just have further cut costs, and use even cheaper materials then before. Im not asking for Mercedes quality interior, but even Kia quality interior would be a step up. You can find vehicles under $30k with much better interior materials and fitment.

Toyota is just going to keep cutting costs until they reach the breaking point, then they will reel it back a little. I don't think things are going to get better, but worse. That has been the trend so far.

So with 9 years of Toyota not addressing gaps and rattles isn't reason enough to complain, but if they still aren't addressed by the 3rd gen it will be justified to complain?
Of course you can find better interiors for less. They're 2wd cars, too. Apples to apples, I challenge you to find a small truck that is available to buy brand new today priced for less than the Tacoma with a better interior. I also wish you luck, seeing as right now that means looking at a Nissan.
They're not going to completely redesign the interior of a vehicle in the middle of a production run unless there are serious problems with it. If it's a safety issue or there's a massive public backlash then that's a different story. But it's not going to happen on a vehicle that sells as well as the Tacoma, with as few people as there complaining about it. Which is why the redesigned interior will have to wait for the 3rd Gen. And if that doesn't happen, then yes, much complaining will result, and be perfectly justified.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #553
eviele will become famous soon enougheviele will become famous soon enough

eviele's Tacoma Gallery
Unrelated to the interiors, but interesting nonetheless, VW may reconsider bringing a truck to the U.S. market

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/05/v...ay-come-to-us/

Bad news though for the 1st gen owners who are looking for another small pickup replacement.

"The Amarok is too small for the US," says Horn
Old 03-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #554
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

don't get me started on the fact that it took until f ing 2013 to even offer a leather looking seat!!! i had to go buy my own godam leather/weather proof seat covers for my truck so that my seats wouldn't look like a dirty dog attacked it after only 2 camping outings. Utter lack of respect for the costumers, toyota knew full well they owned the market and threw in its lowest form available at us.

anyone else hear the whirling sound of water....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...o-barra-n47151
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #555
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you don't like Toyota quality go buy something else and report back ok princess.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #556
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviele View Post
Unrelated to the interiors, but interesting nonetheless, VW may reconsider bringing a truck to the U.S. market

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/05/v...ay-come-to-us/

Bad news though for the 1st gen owners who are looking for another small pickup replacement.

"The Amarok is too small for the US," says Horn
My dream truck right there. No need for anything bigger. BTW, the interior on our Golf TDi (and every VW we've had) is far and away better than anything Toyota, Honda or the Big 3 puts out, so the Amarok would probably be similar.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #557
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well its a good thing you don't like GM vehicles...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/gm-...-gm-car-n52316
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #558
1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all
1moonshine2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Too bad the diesel is going to require D.E.F. That along with other emissions equipment not standard to it in other markets will likely ruin it IMO.
Diesel is a joke for light vehicles anyway. The purchase price, complex emissions equipment, and fuel that's 50 to 70 cents more than regular gas makes it of no gain for most people. You'd have to drive at least 50,000+ miles per year, and keep it for it's entire duty life cycle to recover the extra cost. I hate to think what the emissions maintenance will cost when that stuff does fail. I had a diesel years ago, but I wouldn't likely consider one now. The fuel mileage has been killed by the emissions crap too. I got up to 20 mpg local, and 23 on longer trips with my Cummins Ram. My boss at work only gets 14 local, and 16 on a trip with his emissions choked model, and his is the 3.73 axles, and 6spd manual. Mine was 4.10's and the old 5spd...
Old 04-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #559
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
I bet gm wont get fined a a billion like toyota.

I kinda like the first gen interiors, they seems cheap but also very simple and tough. My dad has a 99 the fabric on the seats held up well, but it only has 130,000 miles. I dont think it scratches easy either.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #560
1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all
1moonshine2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bet gm wont get fined a a billion like toyota.
Kinda hard for the government to fine itself...