Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #41
nd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shednd4spdbh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nd4spdbh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaff82 View Post
Be interesting to see what Toyota does with the new 2015 Tacoma.
dont hold your breath.... at most... a body style change similar to the new 4 runner.

as far as the chevy... yeah no never again... family owned a 99 suburban that was done at 104k... and out 01 2500hd has been nothing but issues since 40k miles....
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #42
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
It has to be better than the first models, junk....

Anyone see the "possible 2015 ranger"? Looks like a little raptor/avalanche wannabe

http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2...a-replacement/

Now what ever that is it is one ugly ugly UGLY truck!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #43
NoDak will become famous soon enoughNoDak will become famous soon enough
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Yeah, definitely slow. I've always thought that was because they just haven't needed to do anything. I don't think there selling a ton more Tacomas if they give it the dual VVT. Maybe for some people in older Tacomas that's the thing they've been waiting for to upgrade to new but it's not going to push numbers off a page on a sales spreadsheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Toyota has the mid size market cornered and they will continue too until a real competitor shoes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
Up here in Vancouver Ranger is the most widely seen mid sized truck. I didn't realize this until I got my Taco and started to pay attention to what was out there. Shocking how many Rangers I see. Lot's of Taco's as well but the Rangers are everywhere. If Ford were to bring the Ranger that is in Europe ( almost triple the payload rating, and better engine than the Taco and good styling) I would buy it. Love my Taco but the payload rating is ridiculous and it sucks more gas than a V8. Toyota has got lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
Toyota won't be threatened. Toyota buyers know better than to buy a Chevy
all are valid points.

1. Toyota has gotten lazy since there is no competition. without competition we don't get more nice stuff as standard or better features, its the same stuff just packaged different or presented in different style

2. the minority that are in this forum know better, but then again we are the overall 1% that has no big influence on what direction a vehicle will go

3. until Toyota is slightly threaten, Toyota will keep the status quo on the Tacoma for years

why do you think the camry, corolla, tundra, highlander see the new engines, features, etc while the low volume languish with nothing new for years/cycles or die off (FJ, matrix as examples)

how long has other trucks had heated mirrors, turn signal mirrors, heat seats, vented seats, etc due to competition.

if I can get a 20-25k car with heated seats and mirrors, why cant I get a 30-35k truck with one, heck the tundra has had heated seats since what 2007 I think or sooner since they are fighting the full size competition.

Toyota thinks we don't need them cause guess what, no one offers a mid size with any of the options the full size has because there is no point in it.

now if Toyota offered a tacoma fully furnished decked out interior/exterior, you know a lot of people would buy them, but we languish with what peanuts they give us.

and yes I enjoy what I have and wouldn't get a chevy, etc. but it still would be nice to have that other stuff. the really minor/simple things stand out in the long run.

/rant
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #44
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
I could see the new Colos having a selling point if theres more rear seat leg room.

I want a toyota that is simple and smaller. I like basic and I liked the simpleness of how a toyota is.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #45
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
agree I can't think of any good reason why tacoma has fallen behind 4runner in terms of performance and option. Up till 04 taco and 4runner are equal.

Toyota is very complaisant with tacoma. V8 and dual vvti should be available for taco.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #46
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
That new Colorado is Fugly man! I came from a ford truck to a Toyota because of the reputation and style...the Colorado has a horrible reputation and ugly style. Stick to the Full Size market Chevy!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #47
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
This is a good point. The Frontier already has a more powerful engine than the Taco (though it's still slower on the dragstrip). It will be interesting to see how the new and larger/heavier Colorado performs with the 3.6L LFX V6 (shared with the Camaro and Equinox).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
The big deal with this New colorado is the fact that it will have a diesel, 2.8l duramax will be available the second year of production. Other then that it will have a 2.5l 4banger standard with 193hp/ 184tq and an optional 3.6l v6 rated at 302hp/270tq. Both engines are supposed to have good fuel economy and are backed by 6spd transmissions. They also edged out the Tacoma on payload and offer 7500lb tow rating. So with that said Toyota will have to step it up as the Colorado will now have class leading fuel economy/power and towing ratings.

Would I buy it? Gm couldn't pay me to take it, I came from a 2005 Colorado to my 2012 Tacoma, my Colorado had so many issues it was unreal and was eventually the reason I traded her in.
Oh crap, the V6 camaro already has a supposedly less robust version of the same six speed used in the Tacoma. Don't tell me they're gonna put that tranny in the Colorado too!

I like the looks, but only because it has a subtle hilux vibe to some of the lines.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #48
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Colorado is offered with a 6-speed auto in Australia. The same tranny will probably be in the US version. Time will tell.

You prefer the Hilux's styling? Most people here don't like it, though neither is as ugly as the Mitsu L200 or Mazda BT-50:

Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #49
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONALL4 View Post
agree I can't think of any good reason why tacoma has fallen behind 4runner in terms of performance and option. Up till 04 taco and 4runner are equal.

Toyota is very complaisant with tacoma. V8 and dual vvti should be available for taco.
v8 in a taco would cannibalize tundra sales. Toyota would rather you move up to a tundra than stick with a Tacoma. they would make more money off a tundra sale than a Tacoma.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
7500 lb towing in Australia. We'll see if it can maintain the same payload and tow ratings in the US, where it's subject to rollover testing and SAE J2807 towing standard.
7500lb towing was on a GM press release for the US version Colorado, they listed other specs such as the aluminum hood, grille shutters and rear disc brakes withe that same duralife rotors the new Silverado has.

Heck this thing is going to have a diesel and rear disc brakes if they give it heated mirrors half of Taomaworld is going to go on strike against Toyota as those are always the top 3 things I see complaints about Toyota not offering. As others said its good that the new Colorado is bringing something new to the table so that Toyota will answer back with the 2015 Tacoma and give its fans the options they have been wanting.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #51
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
Well 4Runner owner doesn't have to move up to Sequoia, some Taco owners just want a bad ass smoking V8 light n good lookin truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
v8 in a taco would cannibalize tundra sales. Toyota would rather you move up to a tundra than stick with a Tacoma. they would make more money off a tundra sale than a Tacoma.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #52
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well 4Runner owner doesn't have to move up to Sequoia, some Taco owners just want a bad ass smoking V8 light truck
actually the step up for a 4runner would be a Lexus GX 460 since they are based on the same platform. the GX 460 is the v8 version of the 4runner. the tundra is the v8 version of the Tacoma so to speak.

4runner shares with :

Lexus GX
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota Tacoma

Sequoia shares with :
Tundra

and slots between the 4Runner and Land Cruiser.

Land Cruiser shares with :
Lexus LX

if you wanted to know that tidbit of info
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #53

ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
Brah, I meant there are v8 4runner around so 4runner owner doesn't have to move up to Sequoia where as Tacoma has to move to up Tundra to get a v8
Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #54

ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
You never seen a v8 4runner? GX 460 is not the v8 version of the 4runner. v8 4runner is the v8 version of 4runner.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #55
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You never seen a v8 4runner? GX 460 is not the v8 version of the 4runner. v8 4runner is the v8 version of 4runner.
Which they no longer offer correct?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #56
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Brah, I meant there are v8 4runner around so 4runner owner doesn't have to move up to Sequoia where as Tacoma has to move to up Tundra to get a v8

all of those old v8 4runners are either based on the prado or the gx460 which is still within the same platform as the 4runner, not a sequoia since that is a tundra based platform.

I take it you didn't understand the post about the different platforms.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #57

ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
Your post maybe about different platforms but my comment is actually about Toyota not putting the best they got for Tacoma as they have for 4runner.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #58
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
I think I understand what you are saying after I thought about your post when I went out to smoke, but I think Toyota is looking to keep the Tacoma as a midsize and not step on the full size offerings.

its the same effect on the 4runner. I don't see them going back to a v8 since they would rather you upgrade to a gx460 to get a v8 and the price increase (read profit).

if you stick a v8 in a 4runner or a Tacoma, your going to marginalize the v8 in the other models and lower the value of those, which I don't see happening.

heck if they put a v8 in them, why would I ever contemplate a gx460 or a tundra.

and I thought about getting a tundra for the warden so I could get a v8 that you cant get in a Tacoma, same issue when I decided to get a 2014 4runner, since I had a 2004 sport v8 and wanted the better torque the v8 had back then compared to the v6 now.

it all falls back to making each vehicle distinct, and Toyota does that by engine choice currently.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #59

ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
With what toyota put out for tacoma I'd rather get an older taco and hold on to my money. If they ever make a limited ed with v8 and sc option I'd finance one. Still a fan of tacoma though because all the other trucks are worse but yes competition in this class is good.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #60
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With what toyota put out for tacoma I'd rather get an older taco and hold on to my money. If they ever make a limited ed with v8 and sc option I'd finance one. Still a fan of tacoma though because all the other trucks are worse but yes competition in this class is good.
I agree totally. competition is a win for the consumer. just look at those industries with a monopoly, stagnant don't upgrade/improve service, etc.

ie: cable tv is a good example.

all I want is some competition to prod Toyota to improve the end product and not feed us crumbs on features.

when I last bought a 2006 Tacoma dcab v6, I thought that was the best truck every. everything was soft, comfortable and top notch. now everything is hard plastic. that was the biggest turn off on this 2012 Tacoma, but the warden couldn't care less, she was back in a Tacoma

heck a corolla/scion has less hard plastic for 1/2 the price almost. how is that an improvement. without competition, a manufacturer will back pedal. you never see the big 3 going backwards in features, etc because they always have competition.

I learned my lesson after dealing with a 07 sonota and now a 10 legacy, I cant wait to get back into a Toyota 4runner and the reliability and quality on the limited.