Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Chevy Colorado

Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
NoDak will become famous soon enoughNoDak will become famous soon enough
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
2015 Chevy Colorado

finally some competition. maybe now we can get more features, etc now that toyota is not the only mid size truck out there anymore.

i welcome some competition that will indirectly help improve the tacoma.

forgot to add the link to the leak by carscoops

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/new...-and-2015.html
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Chevy Colorado-ku-xlarge.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The Frontier never left and is, and always has been, a better competitor than the Colorado. I wouldn't expect Toyota to do anything in response to the Colorado coming back.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The Frontier never left and is, and always has been, a better competitor than the Colorado. I wouldn't expect Toyota to do anything in response to the Colorado coming back.
this x2 toyota didnt put a V8 in the taco when chevy put one in the colorado briefly.

its cute though...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
NoDak will become famous soon enoughNoDak will become famous soon enough
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but the big 3 will push toyota more than the frontier.

if ford was to bring back the ranger to us shores again and drop a ecoboost v6, ram does a v6 diesel, etc.

if chevy gets the ball rolling to get back in the mid size and the other 2 join back in, you think toyota wouldnt sit up and take notice.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have to admit it looks decent if that is the real deal. But I do think Toyota will be paying attention to since if it eats up a good chunk of their sales they will have to respond.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I imagine this version of the Colorado to be a hell of a lot better than the previous. Chevy is stepping up big time and putting some real pressure on Toyota across the board. Toyota should take notice.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
yeah but the big 3 will push toyota more than the frontier.

if ford was to bring back the ranger to us shores again and drop a ecoboost v6, ram does a v6 diesel, etc.

if chevy gets the ball rolling to get back in the mid size and the other 2 join back in, you think toyota wouldnt sit up and take notice.
I get what you're saying but unless Tacoma sales really plumbet, I don't see Toyota doing anything. The Tacoma has already outlived the Ranger, Dakota, H3T, Colorado and Canyon and is surviving just fine with the Frontier and Ridgeline on the market. Even if Ford and Dodge come back with their new and improved engines, it'll be a while before Toyota actually gets off their ass and does anything about it.

FWIW, the Dodge diesel is rumored to be the same one that is being put in the new Grand Cherokee. If Dodge does the same crap that Jeep did with that engine, it won't compete with the Tacoma at all. You can't even get the diesel in the Grand Cherokee until you're at limited trim or higher and it's tied to a luxury package so the total increase in price for adding the diesel is $7,500. A 4 cylinder ecoboost might have a good chance of competing if the truck it came in was well thought out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I imagine this version of the Colorado to be a hell of a lot better than the previous. Chevy is stepping up big time and putting some real pressure on Toyota across the board. Toyota should take notice.
Should, but as I'm sure you've realized, they're not quick to react when it comes to the Tacoma. Hell, we don't even have the dual VVT engine that the 4Runner and FJ have had for how many years now?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery

Closeup of the headlamp.

Source: http://www.inautonews.com/2015-chevr...a#.UovbQNJJNlA
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably get one. It'll have more power and better MPGs than the 1GR-FE. Hopefully it wont be a POS
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
the bottom grill/bumper looks very familiar.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
12 TRD OffRoad is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
12 TRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not too worried about what General Motors does. They've been making junk piles for years, a little bailout money from the taxpayers won't change that. This truck will start off decent and then GM will let it rot on the vine. Resale value will be crap, there will be some nagging little thing going wrong with it(always had been with all the GM products I've owned) and as soon as the new Tacoma comes out this piece of junk will be an overpriced, overhyped afterthought.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
still a chevy...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Should, but as I'm sure you've realized, they're not quick to react when it comes to the Tacoma. Hell, we don't even have the dual VVT engine that the 4Runner and FJ have had for how many years now?
Yeah, definitely slow. I've always thought that was because they just haven't needed to do anything. I don't think there selling a ton more Tacomas if they give it the dual VVT. Maybe for some people in older Tacomas that's the thing they've been waiting for to upgrade to new but it's not going to push numbers off a page on a sales spreadsheet.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
BKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBKill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
BKill's Tacoma Gallery
My question is, will it do any better than any of the other GM cars that started life as Australian models (GTO and G8.)? Good cars, but not designed for the US domestic market.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
It has to be better than the first models, junk....

Anyone see the "possible 2015 ranger"? Looks like a little raptor/avalanche wannabe

http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2...a-replacement/

Old 11-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
It has to be better than the first models, junk....

Anyone see the "possible 2015 ranger"? Looks like a little raptor/avalanche wannabe

http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2...a-replacement/

You have two different things going on in your post.

Your link for 2015 Ranger is simply the international version of the Ranger that has been out for some time now.

Picture that you have is the Ford Atlas concept truck, that foreshadows the design of the upcoming 2015 F-150.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see ford bring in back the ranger unless Chevy somehow sells over 100k Colorado's. I mean Toyota has the mid size market cornered and they will continue too until a real competitor shoes up.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Junk.
to anyone that buys it I leave this open letter.

Dear Test Rat,
I'm Sorry.

signed,
Me.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm317 View Post
You have two different things going on in your post.

Your link for 2015 Ranger is simply the international version of the Ranger that has been out for some time now.

Picture that you have is the Ford Atlas concept truck, that foreshadows the design of the upcoming 2015 F-150.

But it looks like the ranger is based off of that, same tail lights and similar body design.

Anyways, its always a possibility that it can come back, and they could use a current design. Though I don't see the point of discontinuing it and bringing it back a few years later unless you get a ton of people that want it
Old 11-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
DaMann is on a distinguished road
DaMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I don't see ford bring in back the ranger unless Chevy somehow sells over 100k Colorado's. I mean Toyota has the mid size market cornered and they will continue too until a real competitor shoes up.

Up here in Vancouver Ranger is the most widely seen mid sized truck. I didn't realize this until I got my Taco and started to pay attention to what was out there. Shocking how many Rangers I see. Lot's of Taco's as well but the Rangers are everywhere. If Ford were to bring the Ranger that is in Europe ( almost triple the payload rating, and better engine than the Taco and good styling) I would buy it. Love my Taco but the payload rating is ridiculous and it sucks more gas than a V8. Toyota has got lazy.