Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 Colorado To Get Duramax Diesel.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
2015 Colorado To Get Duramax Diesel.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...=1459_31292647

This should be interesting. I read last week that they were having a real hard time getting the diesel to pass the EPA regs, so you never know.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Hot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the rough
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
big deal !! its still a colorado & it still SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #3
HippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedHippyMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HippyMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I wont touch Chevy,,
No way will I get a GM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
toyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo8696 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: CBRN
toyo8696's Tacoma Gallery
No doubt about it. Gm is selling cars and trucks right now by adding the frills that the mainstream public likes. They are going to have to do a lot of work to get people to forget about the horrendous Colorado reliability.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I won't touch a Chevy cause I haven't forgotten about the last Chevy I owned
In fact, that should probably keep me good the rest of my life

Edit: I'd still consider buying a pre-90's Chevy
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i loved my old chevy!!

besides the time the motor blew up (got a warranty crate motor), and when the transmission blew up (transfer case seal failed and drained the tranny, cost me $3400), and when the wire harness failed and killed three batteries, and when the ball joints failed (silver lining, i can now do ball joints in my sleep), steering box, kaput.. besides all this, my truck never gave me a lick of trouble. i never replaced a light bulb!! awesome truck.

okay the motor was a mechanic's fault.

the tailgate was strong! and when i sold it the frame was black and rust-free!

i actually decided to buy a tacoma next when my tacoma buddy showed up to visit during my ball joint, install, cuss fest. he looked and said.."hey, cool..i've never done a ball joint job before. all i ever owned has been toyotas".

lesson learned.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Colorado To Get Duramax Diesel.-best1115435320.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

Navy: Former DP1, Now USN CIV
Name: Tom
yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Only three vehicles I ever owned left me stranded.

88 Mustang bought new. P-O-S. "That's all I have to say about that."

Next was a 99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Got stuck in a snow bank IN MY DRIVEWAY used 4 lo to crawl out, left bits of the brakes behind, luckily was warranty covered.

I liked the Wrangler - it was a fun vehicle. But not practical, and not reliable.

The other was an 06 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD Z71.

I liked the truck, but enough was enough. Only 82,000 miles and needed a new transmission, new transfer case, new front hubs, leaked water into the cab, the heater blower resistor failed. In winter. At night. 0 out.

GM would not warranty the heater though it was COMMON problem. I went a winter without heat just because it was too cold to pull the damn thing apart. Then in summer came the tech advisory and free fix. But after a winter of no heat, I was through!

This truck saw no offroad and was regularly maintained.

In between the Jeep and GMC I owned a black 01 Tacoma Double Cab. No problems. Now I own a black 13 Tacoma Double Cab. The 01 gave me 100K trouble free, and would have easily done another 100K. I'm sure the 13 will to! What was I thinking! Should have just driven the 01 for another 6 years! Well maybe the frame would've rusted out. But after 5 it was ok. And I live in the Northeast!

My wife has driven Subarus. We've had Outbacks and Foresters - again, problem free! Cars that also go forever. But then Fuji Industries is part owned by Toyota!

I think I've learned my lesson.

I'm sure there are folks that have had many problem free miles in GMs and Jeeps. And you'll find that Toyota lemon, too. But this was my experience.

I don't think I'll be in the market for another GM/Chrysler/Ford product any time soon.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I think 7 threads was enough, ehh 1 more can't hurt I guess.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I won't ever own a GM. Even if someone paid me to own one. Nope. But hopefully toyota will get a diesel now Probably won't happen, but we can hope, right?