Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 GM Colorado Announced - 2016 Model Comes with Diesel

Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Meh. And these specs are without DPF or emissions bs.
2.8L duramax
180 hp at 3,800 rpm
346 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm

built in a 584,000-square-foot facility in Rayong, Thailand—which has the capacity to produce 120,000 engines per year
Read more: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/news/1...#ixzz2lFTidpuZ
Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I hate to say it, but these look pretty sick.

Fink
+1, looking forward to checking it out. Think it's at the LA auto show, nice to see someone is not neglecting the mid size diesel truck market
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
DirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DirtyDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, too bad it's being built by Government Motors. Hopefully, just maybe, this will get Toyota off dead center and FORCE them to fix all the issues on the Gen 2 Tacoma. Like the %$$#@&%^# clicking %$@$%@ annoying noise from the fan motor, the %$@$# rattling passenger side air bag in the dash, side mirrors that $#@% freeze over in the winter, overhead console that shorts out in the heat, and the front wheel bearings that %$@$^ fail at 100k miles. Oh, and they need to upgrade the engine to something with more performance and mileage. A Nissan Exterra will walk all over a Toyota Tacoma in a drag race. Bull hockey! I want power and economy. A hemi Dodge Ram gets better mileage going down the highway.

These issues are not what I expect from Toyota. I expect a superior vehicle from Toyota.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
This better wake up Toyota or I honestly will be considering the Colorado as my next truck. I want a truck that is solid and honestly Chevy is really stepping up to meet the demands of the market and they actually are offering decent engines and options.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #25
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
In follow-up to my last response, you have to keep in mind what we're comparing these to.

From this...

...to this...

With that being said, I don't see a time in the near future (10+ years) that I will be a non-Toyota owner. I could honestly not care less whether Toyota brings a diesel to the States. I've got the 2.7L in my current Tacoma and I love it. No qualms whatsoever.

Fink
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #26
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck. It is funny how bottom half of the front end is a Tacoma match.

I considered getting one a while back. Although my dads has constant ABS issues with his.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #27
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoc View Post
A diesel version is going to steal some Toyota owners. If they can make it do 30mpgs, haul and tow with respectable numbers, and cost under $35k i may look at one. Toyota needs a kick in the balls like this truck will do to sales for the Tacoma to wake up
agreed. still cant believe this is going to have a dmax engine in it....
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #28
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
meh.. it's alright, doesn't tickle me in any places.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i like it.

someone will lift one, install bigger tires, armor, etc..and it will look sick!

a diesel is a nice option. pretty much the only thing that will make me jump ship.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #30
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Meh. And these specs are without DPF or emissions bs.
2.8L duramax
180 hp at 3,800 rpm
346 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm

built in a 584,000-square-foot facility in Rayong, Thailand—which has the capacity to produce 120,000 engines per year
Read more: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/news/1...#ixzz2lFTidpuZ
They have refreshed the engine and these are the new specs. Need at least 2 years in the USA with all the emissions crap and many trucks with 100k miles+ to see if they will be reliable and last like a diesel should, same with the ram.
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013...1-duramax.html
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
every time i think about my next truck i wonder what the heck i'm going to do, this now might offer some hope in a non full sized truck as i just don't see another tacoma in the future unless something changes (getting a good tacoma reg cab in canada is a huge pain...) of course the pricing might be nuts on these but if the pricing is comparable to their other truck offerings it should be very very fair. these things said i do like my tacoma but it has some shortcomings..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
andoskyy is on a distinguished road
andoskyy's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma will always have a special place in my heart, and i'll keep my '96 till it dies, but I believe this will significantly hurt Tacoma sales.

Everyone on this forum is likely a Tacoma loyalist...understandably, but take a new shopper who wants a mid-sized pickup, and the Chevy is a no brainer on paper:

Looks cool - to me anyway
Leather interior option
Modern Infotainment system
HID's
LED's
diesel
300+HP
MPG - No doubt it'll beat the Tacoma comfortably.
Reliability - TBD...but slap a nice warranty and you make 75% of the people comfortable buying American again

MPG is where Toyota is going to get burned. They don't seem to care, especially with the Tacoma, because there isn't any significant competition out there. Look at the big 3 turning out 24+MPG full size pickups while the Tundra is still at 20

My V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee does 25MPG on the highway...the Colorado will do at least that...even with the 300HP engine...and I bet the diesel will hit 30. The Jeep and Touareg diesels do.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #33
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoskyy View Post
Looks cool - to me anyway
Leather interior option
Modern Infotainment system
HID's
LED's
diesel
300+HP
MPG - No doubt it'll beat the Tacoma comfortably.
Reliability - TBD...but slap a nice warranty and you make 75% of the people comfortable buying American again
Boom.

Fink
Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #35
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I'll have to see how the reliability is but if it's there and Toyota fails to respond my Taco is so gone....

I'm not getting how the former two industry kings become so bull headed that they are willing to loose customers because they fail to offer new (recent & in the US) products.
It's almost as if GM is acting like Toyota did when they were building up all this brand loyalty and Toyota is acting like GM when they were ruining their brand loyalty...
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Tacoma but the new Colorado is well.. Nicer looking plus it will have a diesel.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #37
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Front end looks like a small car. Come on chevy, it's a truck not a freakin' malibu
Old 11-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #38
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
I seriously can't believe anybody on a Tacoma forum would even remotely suggest the purchase of a Colorado, regardless of its engine options.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #39
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Front end looks like a small car. Come on chevy, it's a truck not a freakin' malibu
My wife said this same thing, it does have that car appeal to it.

I'm with KB voodo, I wont even consider this thing as my past truck 05 Colorado was absoulutly horrible. I know different platform now but it just left a bad taste in my mouth, everyone is just going off the looks and gizmos this thing has. Wait until you drive one or look at it up close and tell us what you think then.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #40
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
I seriously can't believe anybody on a Tacoma forum would even remotely suggest the purchase of a Colorado, regardless of its engine options.
I hear ya... I do like the looks, except for that ugly angled bed/cab line.(should be more verticle) but F buying a Chevy. Still doesn't have the reliability and value of a Tacoma. Just because it looks cool now? No thanks

And yes I think this is about the 7th thread on this... Haha