- Optional 2016 engine will be a Duramax 2.8L I-4 turbo diesel avaiable at all trim levels
- The standard engines will be a base 2.5L I-4 (193 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque - 90% is available at a low start rpm of just 2,000) and a 3.6L V6 (302 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque)
- Both engines matched with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The V6 with the tow package will pull 3,039kg (6,700 lb)
- Each model will offer 17-inch aluminum wheels
Video here at Detroit Free Press: http://on.freep.com/1bDwZwN
Too early to tell, it is a GM. Hopefully Toyota responds with something out of the box but I'm not counting on it. Probably a refreshed grill plate for 2015...
Would be interesting to see the fuel economy of the diesel. According to the Australia Toyota site the Hilux Double Cab diesel gets 8.1 l/100km (29 mpg) with 253 lb-ft of torque