Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2015 GM Colorado Announced - 2016 Model Comes with Diesel

Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
2015 GM Colorado Announced - 2016 Model Comes with Diesel

Not sure if this has been posted here before but they just announced the 2015 Colorado / Canyon. Highlights from the article at Autonet - http://bit.ly/I4gVwH
  • Optional 2016 engine will be a Duramax 2.8L I-4 turbo diesel avaiable at all trim levels
  • The standard engines will be a base 2.5L I-4 (193 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque - 90% is available at a low start rpm of just 2,000) and a 3.6L V6 (302 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque)
  • Both engines matched with a six-speed automatic transmission.
  • The V6 with the tow package will pull 3,039kg (6,700 lb)
  • Each model will offer 17-inch aluminum wheels
Better gallery on Autoblog: http://aol.it/17ry7FK

Video here at Detroit Free Press: http://on.freep.com/1bDwZwN

Too early to tell, it is a GM. Hopefully Toyota responds with something out of the box but I'm not counting on it. Probably a refreshed grill plate for 2015...

Would be interesting to see the fuel economy of the diesel. According to the Australia Toyota site the Hilux Double Cab diesel gets 8.1 l/100km (29 mpg) with 253 lb-ft of torque

Old 11-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Iggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Iggy.'s Tacoma Gallery
Wow! It bears some resemblance to a Tacoma. I might actually be interested in a diesel one.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take one if they were free.....

Haha, just kidding. I would not even take one if it were free.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dosen't look half that bad! Whats the price tags on one of these?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
Dosen't look half that bad! Whats the price tags on one of these?
Article says prices are not out yet. Last sentence of first article states "There is no word on pricing yet, probably later this summer."
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Marcoc has a spectacular aura aboutMarcoc has a spectacular aura about

Marcoc's Tacoma Gallery
A diesel version is going to steal some Toyota owners. If they can make it do 30mpgs, haul and tow with respectable numbers, and cost under $35k i may look at one. Toyota needs a kick in the balls like this truck will do to sales for the Tacoma to wake up
Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it, but these look pretty sick.

Fink
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoc View Post
Toyota needs a kick in the balls like this truck will do to sales for the Tacoma to wake up
+1
Old 11-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Click is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Click's Tacoma Gallery
Another one

Another one that resembles a toyota... I drove a cummins for a while... Traded to Tundra... Now at Tacoma... Them diesels are heavy. Not sure how the weight of the little diesels are, but I've use a diesel kabota.. Stayed hung up a lot... Love my OR DCSB ... Like to have little better mileage though..
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #13
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking truck, toyota better step it up, and start with a better frame that doesnt rust.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to see how the reliability is but if it's there and Toyota fails to respond my Taco is so gone....

I'm not getting how the former two industry kings become so bull headed that they are willing to loose customers because they fail to offer new (recent & in the US) products. I blame the weakening Yen somewhat. While global market share for TM is decreasing profits are in fact rising due to advantages exchange rates.

But, how long can it last? GM alone is adding something on the order of 20 new or significantly revise products over a relatively short period.

Look at Tundra (and other TM products) no new engines with new product cycle. HMC is the same. Current Civic is the same power train used on the last cycle.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
toyota racing diesel???
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
SafariCanoe is on a distinguished road
SafariCanoe's Tacoma Gallery
If only they offered it with a manual transmission, then I would definitely consider it.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Already a thread...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gen...-colorado.html
Old 11-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #19

Duuuuude way for ruining my thread...and another guy from Alberta too...the shame
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post
Duuuuude way for ruining my thread...and another guy from Alberta too...the shame

Damn Canadians have perfected the art... :-))