Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW WRX Owners thread (model yr 2015 and newer)

Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #21
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the front of a legacy and the rear of a nissan altima
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #22
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
I am not happy that the 2015 STI looks like a sedan with a hood scoop. I can't be the only one.

I was seriously thinking of getting a new one in about 2 years. Getting a used one is questionable because of the abuse they go through.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
I am not happy that the 2015 STI looks like a sedan with a hood scoop. I can't be the only one.

I was seriously thinking of getting a new one in about 2 years. Getting a used one is questionable because of the abuse they go through.
They have all looked like sedans with hood scoops. Its what they have been since they changed the STi from the RS coupe style.

I would only buy used from a first owner of these cars. Some people buy the STi because they like the look of it. When I had mine I met a few elderly couples that owned them that didn't drive it hard or do anything with it just owned it to have an AWD safe car.

At least with the 2014/15 the hood scoop looks like its part of the hood, not like on my old one where it looked like a damn bird catcher.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #24
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
They have all looked like sedans with hood scoops. Its what they have been since they changed the STi from the RS coupe style.
I think DCGirl means the new style looks like an ordinary, run-of-the-mill, cheap family sedan (Dart/Carolla) with a hood scoop, whereas the current and previous generations, while still four door, had wild and aggressive lines that made the car stand out in the crowd.

I agree completely by the way. All of the style has been lost for 2015 in favor of mass marketing appeal.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #25
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I'm reserving judgement until I see and drive one this spring. Looking at picking up either this or the new Audi A3 depending on which one impresses me the most.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #26
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've read the 2015 STi will still have the EJ257 engine with the unequal length headers, so the STi will still rumble, and have ~305 crank HP stock. I'm getting used to the looks of the new WRX/STi, but I still think that the 2011 WRX I had looked much better with the wide-body and I liked the hatchback too. And that EJ255 sounded mean after I put an Invidia Q300 exhaust on it and with a tune I was flying past stock STi's in a strait line. They's still eat me for breakfast around an auto-cross circuit though. :/
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
fuck..i feel a mid-life crisis coming on..
Old 01-14-2014, 04:50 AM   #28
snowmanwithahat is on a distinguished road
snowmanwithahat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedless024 View Post
i think its ugly
lol I think I'm in this boat too, haven't decided yet.

I own a 2004 STI and as much as I wanted the new one to be great so I could get a new car I think I might hold off. There's rumors the STI is keeping the EJ engine instead of going with the new FA engine. That'd be a pretty pathetic move and leave this car looking rett undesirable next to the WRX.

I guess we'll find out later today!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:55 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post

I would only buy used from a first owner of these cars. Some people buy the STi because they like the look of it. When I had mine I met a few elderly couples that owned them that didn't drive it hard or do anything with it just owned it to have an AWD safe car.

At least with the 2014/15 the hood scoop looks like its part of the hood, not like on my old one where it looked like a damn bird catcher.
Completely agree with you. I've actually caught a small bird at highway speeds in mine before lol.

There's no denying it, the car was always a 4-door economy sedan with aggressive looks. Not much point in ignoring that part of its heritage since that is pretty much what defined the car. It's definitely a nice step up from the scoop on an '04 STI though, the 06 / 07 had a WRX still little 2" scoop. The STI from 04 and 05 is like 4" and just looks ridiculous.... but I still have to love it lol
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #30
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of my 07 for scoop reference.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #31
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
So they made it look like a Focus/Impreza and NO WAGON? better outperform the old ones by long shot . . .
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #32
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love the buy one of these ! Even got wife approval to trade In , Wish I didn't need the bed occasionally

What's the going rate for a 2015 wrx , and is it worth paying the extra for the sti that will be out soon ?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
I'd love the buy one of these ! Even got wife approval to trade In , Wish I didn't need the bed occasionally

What's the going rate for a 2015 wrx , and is it worth paying the extra for the sti that will be out soon ?
Pricing hasn't been released yet. It's still up in the air but people are expecting similar to last year's prices. ~25,500 for a base model WRX ranging up to ~31,000 and then probably ~34,500 to ~39,000 for an STI

The difference between an STI and base model WRX are pathetic. I'm starting to think the way to go would be a WRX and get the CVT. I've been daily driving a 2004 STI for 2 and a half years and I can tell you that these cars did not have comfort in mind when they first hit the US. I'd rather not drive a manual all the time and I'd prefer something that didn't clunk / bounce going down the road. The suspension on this is super rough and at the same time has enough slop in the struts (2004 - 07 STIs) to clunk.

I'm ready for something new... I just haven't decided if that's a 2015 WRX with a CVT, 2014 Taco Access Cab or hold out for a 2015 GMC Canyon.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #34
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rvopSplCs

Pictures taken from the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Looks like a 2006-2009 civic 4 door with a subbie front end.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #35
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I think everyone has labeled it a look alike with just about every mid size sedan out there.

Lets face it , all the cars now at days have alot of similarities . Espeicaly if you comparing mid size sedans to other mid size sedans.

Its whats under the hood of the wrx that separates it. And the drive train of course.

Look at trucks for example, the new tundra, ram, f150 all have the same big nose front end and the same chrome trim and styling.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #36
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a ford focus.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #37
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I don’t like the new style at all really.

my buddy traded his FJ for a ‘13 STI hatch and that thing is nice! i like the body style on it a lot more.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I donít like the new style at all really.

my buddy traded his FJ for a Ď13 STI hatch and that thing is nice! i like the body style on it a lot more.
I agree. The hatches were unique. I wish I had picked one up but couldn't afford a new car at the time... I'm leery of buying another used STI too. I got lucky with my '04 but I know how these cars can be driven and abused and I wouldn't want to gamble with it.

I'm really considering selling my '04 here soon to pick up an access cab tacoma in spruce mica... Not sure if it's really worth it but I'd love to have something a bit newer and nicer.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #39
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTRD View Post
Here is a picture of my 07 for scoop reference.

Oh god... Love SWP on gold.

Is it stated that the engine is an EJ? All I've read so far is that it's still 305hp, not necessarily an EJ.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #40
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/SMk3inh-Ht0