Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW WRX Owners thread (model yr 2015 and newer)

Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #41
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Pricing is finally released

WRX starts at $26,295

WRX STI starts at $34,295

http://www.subaru.com/2015-wrx-sti.html

http://www.subaru.com/2015-wrx.html
Old 02-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #42
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
If that's what the wrx looks like I would rather pass on it. Subaru took it from looking good to fugly. I used to drool over them but now I think I would rather buy a 4Runner instead.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #43
snowmanwithahat is on a distinguished road
snowmanwithahat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
If that's what the wrx looks like I would rather pass on it. Subaru took it from looking good to fugly. I used to drool over them but now I think I would rather buy a 4Runner instead.
To each their own... I thought the '08 - '14 was ugly as hell too and then it started to grow on me.

I don't think I'll be selling my 2004 for another STI though. There's no denying that this car isn't comfortable and isn't convenient. My observations;

- Manuals are a pain in the ass, even if YOU can drive them fine. It's extremely annoying being stuck as the DD because I'm the ONLY one I know who can drive a stick. Or stuck driving home while sick when my passenger feels fine but can't drive a stick
- The ride on these is HORRIBLE. Mine might be due to a 10 year old car with 130,000 miles... But I doubt it was much better brand new. It feels like shit in any place that has rough winters that tear up the roads (Michigan). Snow tires (practically required) make the ride even worse
- Interior comfort is poor at best. The seats are form fitting and feel good at first but really start to suck after about 2 - 3 hours on the road. Lots of road noise. Lots of interior creaks and rattling from all the plastic interior pieces. Again, this might be better in a brand new one. I'm sure it has something to do with the car's age.
- No folding back seat makes the trunk space pretty useless. It's great for luggage, but if I want to fit a big ticket item like a big picture frame or mirror I'm borrowing a truck.
- Ground clearance is also a little annoying. This was expected, but it's starting to hit me how limiting that is when you're in Michigan and 5" of snow is at your grill. Makes for LOTS of bumper damage from snow falling off cars and shit like that.

There's a ton of positives with these cars. They're a fucking blast to drive. About as fast as a C6 Corvette (up until about 100) and you can use it all year long. I'm just starting to feel like I want to trade off the speed and sportiness for a double cab taco... just seems like a better fit for Michigan and for my situation of just picking up a house.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #44
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/nCVA7_6uzZ0

http://youtu.be/dv2j5_zcnwA
Old 02-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #45
capitansean is on a distinguished road
capitansean's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to pay $35,000 for a piece of plastic with a turbo attached, by all means...
Old 02-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #46
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitansean View Post
If you want to pay $35,000 for a piece of plastic with a turbo attached, by all means...
Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #47
Anyone see the new STI reviews that came out yesterday? Everyone seems to love it with the exact same sentiments that I had. Great chassis upgrades, it's a shame the engine is a carry-over from last year (and I keep saying this... but 2004 even had the exact same engine). Then again, I'm sure you Tacoma guys are used to that :P
Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
Anyone see the new STI reviews that came out yesterday? Everyone seems to love it with the exact same sentiments that I had. Great chassis upgrades, it's a shame the engine is a carry-over from last year (and I keep saying this... but 2004 even had the exact same engine). Then again, I'm sure you Tacoma guys are used to that :P
That's what I've read. Most over at NASIOC are leaning towards the WRX, mainly because it doesn't have an EJ stuffed in it
Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #49
capitansean is on a distinguished road
capitansean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Hahahahaha, I kid I kid. I just wasn't super impressed with the interior coming from an Audi S4. I'm sure they're loads of fun to rip around in, but it's not for me.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #50
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
To each their own... I thought the '08 - '14 was ugly as hell too and then it started to grow on me.

I don't think I'll be selling my 2004 for another STI though. There's no denying that this car isn't comfortable and isn't convenient. My observations;

- Manuals are a pain in the ass, even if YOU can drive them fine. It's extremely annoying being stuck as the DD because I'm the ONLY one I know who can drive a stick. Or stuck driving home while sick when my passenger feels fine but can't drive a stick
- The ride on these is HORRIBLE. Mine might be due to a 10 year old car with 130,000 miles... But I doubt it was much better brand new. It feels like shit in any place that has rough winters that tear up the roads (Michigan). Snow tires (practically required) make the ride even worse
- Interior comfort is poor at best. The seats are form fitting and feel good at first but really start to suck after about 2 - 3 hours on the road. Lots of road noise. Lots of interior creaks and rattling from all the plastic interior pieces. Again, this might be better in a brand new one. I'm sure it has something to do with the car's age.
- No folding back seat makes the trunk space pretty useless. It's great for luggage, but if I want to fit a big ticket item like a big picture frame or mirror I'm borrowing a truck.
- Ground clearance is also a little annoying. This was expected, but it's starting to hit me how limiting that is when you're in Michigan and 5" of snow is at your grill. Makes for LOTS of bumper damage from snow falling off cars and shit like that.

There's a ton of positives with these cars. They're a fucking blast to drive. About as fast as a C6 Corvette (up until about 100) and you can use it all year long. I'm just starting to feel like I want to trade off the speed and sportiness for a double cab taco... just seems like a better fit for Michigan and for my situation of just picking up a house.
No doubt they are fun but I just never can bring myself to like them anymore. One guy I knew high school drove one and he was kind of a douche so I guess I associate the wrx and sti with douchebags lol.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #51
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
It's very likely that I will be selling the Tacoma in the Spring, and picking up one of these. Every review say's they are leaps and bounds better than any previous WRX. I agree that they aren't the best looking rig around, especially after seeing what the concept car looked like. It'll either be the WRX or the new 2015 A3 depending on which car impresses me the most when I test drive them.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #52
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
some years for the WRX's are hit and miss for me...i think 2015 will be a miss unfortunately
Old 02-19-2014, 05:53 AM   #53
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
So this is the FIRST time the WRX is getting a 6 speed. My question though is WHICH 6speed did it get? I'd like to dream and think that it got the one from the STI but I highly doubt it. I don't think they had another 6speed in the lineup before last year when the BRZ came online with a new 6 speed. If I had to guess I'd say it's the same one as the BRZ but that's a lot of extra torque from the WRX engine....
Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #54
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I read that it's an all new unit.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
So this is the FIRST time the WRX is getting a 6 speed. My question though is WHICH 6speed did it get? I'd like to dream and think that it got the one from the STI but I highly doubt it. I don't think they had another 6speed in the lineup before last year when the BRZ came online with a new 6 speed. If I had to guess I'd say it's the same one as the BRZ but that's a lot of extra torque from the WRX engine....
new transmission unit, its the previous 5 spd now with an extra gear.

The WRX transmission has the gears spaced a little farther apart than then the STi transmission
Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #56
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
One guy I knew high school drove one and he was kind of a douche so I guess I associate the wrx and sti with douchebags lol.
I know what you mean. Within a month 3 guys where I work bought brand new WRX's and yes all three are the typical young douches. That ruined it for me.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I've heard rumor that it's the one that was in the 08'+ LGT

Quote:
It's very likely that I will be selling the Tacoma in the Spring, and picking up one of these. Every review say's they are leaps and bounds better than any previous WRX. I agree that they aren't the best looking rig around, especially after seeing what the concept car looked like. It'll either be the WRX or the new 2015 A3 depending on which car impresses me the most when I test drive them.
It's funny that you're going the opposite way. I'm leaning towards selling my 2004 STI and getting something like a DCSB taco... still have yet to see if that's what I go with. I'm also giving the new WRX some consideration (it'd be cheaper) and I would love to finally own a WRB WRX, although I'm sure I'd break some hearts by getting it with a CVT, because seriously, driving a manual 24/7 is a chore, not to mention it makes it FEEL like it's a sportier thing than it is. Very conducive to abuse on a car.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #58
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome Video. A must see!
http://youtu.be/PvQ9InhEKu0
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #59
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 2011 WRX for my Taco because I missed the ground clearance of a truck and the ability to go through all four seasons with the same set of tires. That said, I loved my WRX in the summer. I don't mind that the new STi has the EJ257 still, but it is about time that Subaru came out with a new motor for the STi. I wouldn't be too surprised if they tune the 2.0 turbo up and stick it in the STi for the 2016/17 model.

However, my next fast car will probably be a really cheap sleeper that I can build on my own... I've been thinking about an E36 318ti with an M3 (S52) motor swap or an IS300 with a 2JZ-GTE swap or just build up the IS's 2JZ-GE to support a turbo.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #60

Seen the new WRX and STI at the car show today. I actually really liked the exterior drain in person. The rally blue is a very nice color on the shape. The interior is a step up from the previous car for sure, but it lacked a bit coming out of the new 2015 Audi A3 parked 10ft away. Local dealership isn't even sure they can set up test drives, but said I could put my name on the list to order one. Told him I'm not going to order a car I haven't even tried out yet. He didn't even seem to care (said they will just sell themselves) which is unfortunate. The Audi dealer is happy to let me try the new A3 for 30-45 minutes as soon as it comes in. It's funny that the dealership you figure would be snobby is nice, and vice versa