Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Car part furniture?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #21
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square View Post
Next time I'm at the salvage yard I'll ask how much an engine block costs. I've been wanting one of those too.
I've seen a write up on how someone did it. It looked expensive and way harder than I thought. But still badass!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #22
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
i reaaaly want an engine block table like the one on top gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square View Post
Next time I'm at the salvage yard I'll ask how much an engine block costs. I've been wanting one of those too.

I believe theirs is a jag XJS V12 block. kinda cool.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #23
Square is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to behold
Army: Spc. Artillery. 1-84FA & 3-82FA
Name: Brian
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Been too sick to work on these things until today. I apparently need to switch the positive and negative on it, but other than that, she works.

I should have the third one finished by tomorrow evening.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #24
Square is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to beholdSquare is a splendid one to behold
Square's Tacoma Gallery
I finally finished the third one. Also found out how much they cost to make. Thinking about asking $150~$175 (that includes the lamp shade...which were way harder to find than originally expected).

(First one on the right, then second is middle and third is on the left)

Anyway, my next project will either be more of these buggers, or the V8 engine coffee table. I may have to just keep an eye out on craigslist for the engine though. The junkyards range from $99 to $300+ for a freaking short block. ($99 for just the block, nothing else)
Old 02-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
My brother had spare Civic seats that he put in the living room of his apartment since him and his roommates were poor college students. They were more comfortable than the futon sofa they had but since they were placed on the floor they wouldn't stay put. It would've been nice if they had a tube frame to bolt the seats to so that it would be sturdy, similar to something like this:

Old 06-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #26
Square's Tacoma Gallery
Been a while but, I made a night stand out of a crank and flex plate that came out of an old 351 Cleveland. I've got the stripped down block sitting in the garage, just need to degrease it and decided just what I want to do with it.

Cleaned and painted the flex plate. It even has a clear coat. (Just not in this picture)

Cleaned and polished, waiting for the glass.

I need to do something with all those wires now...

This is a closer look at the lamp that's sitting on top of it. It's an old Accel distributor. Funny story, I broke the original distributor cap on it and had to order a new one. That alone was a $40 mistake. Fun times.