Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TRD Pro! Coming Soon!

Old 01-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Purdue Pete is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Purdue Pete's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Pro! Coming Soon!

So, anyone else excited for the possibilities that could be coming?! The commercial is not up anywhere but it looks sick. Since I recorded Supercross might post a cell phone video of the commercial for you guys if you haven't seen it.

Shows a Tundra with a sweet grill and TOYOTA spelled out on it. Looks like a raptor competitor is coming. Best part is that at the end of the commercial not only is a Tundra shown but so is a Tacoma and 4Runner.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
seen this on other sites but haven't seen commercial yet
Old 01-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #3
I recorded it with my camera, it didn't do too well. But I'll edit it and post it.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #4
PhillyTacoma1230 is on a distinguished road
PhillyTacoma1230's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the commercial. Looks bad ass. http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7TLl/toyota-t...rt-gas-station
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #5
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm willing to bet that this will just be an upgraded cosmetic package with minor changes to the suspension and different wheels... Toyota is too conservative to try and compete with the Raptor.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD Pro! Coming Soon!-image.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
I'm willing to bet that this will just be an upgraded cosmetic package with minor changes to the suspension and different wheels... Toyota is too conservative to try and compete with the Raptor.
Man... tearing down my hopes and dreams.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota could step up to the plate and compete with ford you never know. But then again fordis scrapping the 6.2 v8. So if toyota could just get thinking about putting a supercharged v8 with icon suspension from the factory they could have a huge win for their full size trucks.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^This. Much like they've done in the past with the Rugged Trail, TSS, Baja, Tundra Rock Warrior, etc, etc
Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
I'm still hoping and dreaming. There is a chance they will actually produce a worthy off-road package. But imagine that if they did it would not be remotely cheap at all. Time to start saving and/or ask for a raise if they do. Wanted a raptor till I wised up and just bought a used Tacoma.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like the Baja package just became the TRD Pro package and is now available on other models? That's what I'm getting from it
Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Seems like the Baja package just became the TRD Pro package and is now available on other models? That's what I'm getting from it
Yea then will hear how much better the pro package is then aftermarket.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Yea then will hear how much better the pro package is aftermarket.
Blasphemer!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #17
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus those tires look too small...
Old 01-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #18
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And^
Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #20

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You know it is true.
I do, I do. Seen it before.