Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Tacoma Odometer Record??

View Poll Results: How many miles on your Tacoma TODAY.
0 - 50,000 miles 463 52.32%
50,001 - 100,000 miles 207 23.39%
100,001 - 150,000 miles 93 10.51%
150,001 - 200,000 miles 65 7.34%
200,001 - 250,000 miles - Post photos, please ! 22 2.49%
250,001 - 300,000 miles - Post photos, please ! 8 0.90%
300,001 - 350,000 miles - Post photos, please ! 3 0.34%
350,001 - 400,000 miles - Post photos, please ! 3 0.34%
More than 400,000 miles - Post photos and # of miles 7 0.79%
I don't own a Tacoma 14 1.58%
Voters: 885. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 white DC

112,000 miles & still just as great as when it was new.

Missleman's red Tacoma & my White 05
Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #22
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
12,000 on my baby. it make me wanna cry every time it turns one thousand more miles. almost like a birthday.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #23
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Another couple of months and I should be getting 30,000mile service.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #24
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
44,xxx , Just got back from driving to Flordia
Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #25
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
im right around 54k
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
4,700 miles

Still has that new car smell
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #28
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Stranger I talked to

I pulled into a parking lot and decided to park next to this OLD, but decent shape white tacoma. It was first year tacoma, 2 WD and white. My 2007 white TOWERED over it. The driver was getting out same time I was and he stopped to admire mine as I admired his, especially after he told me it had 420,000 miles on it. He said he never needed a 4wd, that if you knew how to drive a 2WD well there was no need (impressive since he was from michigan). He had rebuilt it ONCE and havnt had any problems with it! He showed me the odometer and I showed off a few mods (consisting of only the TSB haha) since I was actually picking up krylon fusion for the headlight mod and badges I know it doesnt count for anything but I figured you'd appriciate the story
Old 03-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #29
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
'01 and I just clicked over 145,000 on my way to work this morning.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I just gave my 1996 2wd to my brother. I have pics of the truck but not of the odometer and it had 432,xxx miles on it. Next time i see him I will take a pic of the odometer for you. She is a beaut and bulletproof. I kept up maintenance and changed oil regularly. Lots of squeaks but no real problems.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Early category leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
I just gave my 1996 2wd to my brother. I have pics of the truck but not of the odometer and it had 432,xxx miles on it. Next time i see him I will take a pic of the odometer for you. She is a beaut and bulletproof. I kept up maintenance and changed oil regularly. Lots of squeaks but no real problems.

Time to discuss some "Thread-metal" (trophies) to chase...

Oldgezr - (.. And I really can't see anyone taking this from you, but it is possible) Obviously, that is a VERY well cared for truck,....

... not unlike your hedge, your roof, your shutters, your lawn,...

Is the catfish in photo 1/14 still in the truck bed?

If that is a picture of the vehicle when it had ~430K miles, that is very impressive, not to mention encouraging to see.

Even though you are no longer the current owner, you obviously cared for it, so you are the front-runner for the grand prize trophy of this thread...

"Best kept Tacoma over 400,000 Miles"

Genxer36 - Even though I didn't want pictures of trucks here under 200k miles, yours is part of your signature, and it IS beautiful, so we'll let it stay. If that is a current photo (ie. +/- 2,000miles) you are the front-runner for...

"Best Kept Tacoma 100,000-200,000 miles"

Gderm - See post #33 - I know the chances are slim, but could that be the same truck?? Formerly Michigan, now Florida? Good story. Thanks! Next time get a pic

Can anyone top these??
Old 03-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #32
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
My mileage as of today...
Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #33
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
my '01 has about 87,000 on it. only things that have been replaced are the belts and water pump
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomian devil View Post

Gderm - See post #33 - I know the chances are slim, but could that be the same truck?? Formerly Michigan, now Florida? Good story. Thanks! Next time get a pic

Can anyone top these??

I actually talked to him two weeks ago in northern VA. So i doubt it but its still phenominal
Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #35
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I have never been to michigan, grew up in STL and drove back and forth to NW Florida regularly.

Truck is still owned by me but I simply gave it to my brother to use while his car is down.

That picture is only a month old if that. If he so much as scratches that truck I will go get it and bring it back home. It is still in GREAT shape all things considered. I have a friend that works at a dealership so it gets regular maintenance unlike any other. I just had him go through everything from belts and brakes to cleaning the fuel system. I mean a top to bottom checkup and it only costs me a couple hundred bucks.

I just drove it to STL a few weeks ago and I have no worries taking off on long trips at all. Im aiming for 500k and then on to a million with it.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 AM   #36
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
my friend has over 300k on his 86 xcab 2wd. at 250k he did a timing belt,clutch and replaced the bed.
my 02 had 125k
my 08 only has 17k
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #37
Addict.
xtirtzt will become famous soon enough

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xtirtzt
4325 ahhhhh its killing me... i had it only since two weeks before christmas and im hating all the miles im racking up
Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #38
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
and FTR my truck has 103XXX on it...2002 and WELL beaten...could still clean up nice if i put a little effort into it

havent yet changed the timing belt/water pump but those are coming soon...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #39
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive got 127K on my 96..shines up real nice.

I also have to do belts and water pump..Im gona have to have someone do the water pump thou. i dont have the time for that
Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #40
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
ive got 127K on my 96..shines up real nice.

I also have to do belts and water pump..Im gona have to have someone do the water pump thou. i dont have the time for that
you should look into doing it yourself or with a buddy who knows what to do

i know down here the parts will cost me around 180 bucks...but after labor...everything for a timing belt and water pump will cost me between $700-$800 from the dealer