Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anybody get tired of hearing that Toyota sucks?

Old 02-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
smmarine's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody get tired of hearing that Toyota sucks?

Just wondering how many people get tired of all the uneducated experts out there explaining why toyota sucks, and how their (insert vehicle of big 3 here) is better then any foreign POS. It also always seems to happen while their vehicle is in the shop haha. I guess they just don't get it. Anybody else got an opinion?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
They must be trying to compare full size trucks with a diesel motor then because Toyota can hold its own with the big 3 with its Gas V8's just fine.

Space shuttle tow as an example.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
No but I'm hearing "recall" too much lately.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I don't hear it a lot. On a somewhat related note, I've been thanked (sarcastically) for costing jobs by buying vehicles that are not a USA branded name.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
You're associating with the wrong people.
Lol this^
Old 02-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by a girl who has an FJ in one of my classes that my tacoma sucked and couldn't go through snow. Guess who pulled her out of the snow that next week.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
smmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
You're associating with the wrong people.
Yeah usually it's people I don't like haha. And yeah I hear it's Japanese a lot too. Little do they know even my 99 was assembled here, and pretty much anything electronic in a vehicle comes from japan, even in "American" cars.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
I was told by a girl who has an FJ in one of my classes that my tacoma sucked and couldn't go through snow. Guess who pulled her out of the snow that next week.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
They must be trying to compare full size trucks with a diesel motor then because Toyota can hold its own with the big 3 with its Gas V8's just fine.

Hey top gear did this with a plane haha. The f-150 spanked the tundra. But that was driver error, and the driver of the f-150 didn't care I she exploded haha
Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
No but I'm hearing "recall" too much lately.
Yeah, but thankfully I'm a little past the major recall phase. I think it would have been picked up by now haha
Old 02-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmarine View Post
Hey top gear did this with a plane haha. The f-150 spanked the tundra. But that was driver error, and the driver of the f-150 didn't care I she exploded haha
anything Tanner Foust does with a Vehicle on that show I do not count as anything more than disposable income to generate viewers for that shit version of top Gear.

He was driving the truck way to hard and extremely reckless and not to mention he damn near crashed.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's called marketing. A Tacoma could have towed it in that circumstance. Heavy objects are very easy to move when you put them on wheels.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
anything Tanner Foust does with a Vehicle on that show I do not count as anything more than disposable income to generate viewers for that shit version of top Gear.

He was driving the truck way to hard and extremely reckless and not to mention he damn near crashed.
I hear ya. You ever notice everything they do on the American one, has either already been done in the past on the Europe show, and sometimes it's like they'll do it on the Europe version, and the very next week the American one has the same thing with different vehicles
Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #17
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Hope you PIITB for your troubles
Old 02-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #19
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Seems fair.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #20
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
As for me, when I hear that talk I tell the story of my 2006 Chevy Colorado. At 5 yrs and 76K (never towed, plowed, always maintained, never abused) had the head failure (common issue). Ended up needing a head, cam, timing chain which was about 5 grand plus. Per GM, this is "normal". Knowing that, it doesn't inspire confidence in me to buy another vehicle from them.

Meantime my wife's 96 Tacoma went to 175K with basic maintainence stuff (except the AC condensor at 170k) and was bought back in the frame rot issue, she was one of the first in MA to turn a truck in. Her old one (80-something) went to 300k.