Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

TW VAG Owners Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up TW VAG Owners Thread

It looks like there is a number of us floating around. I figure this is as good a place as any to whore out pics and bs

P-car friendly
Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
I came here for the wrong kind of vag.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine:

My girlfriend's -

DSC04874 by steve009_67, on Flickr
Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quatro

2001 VW GTI VR6

2005 BMW M3 vert

2009 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic
Old 03-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
^Nice collection.

Love the mkii steveo
Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
jspirate is on a distinguished road
jspirate's Tacoma Gallery
2011 CC that has been my main modding addiction for the past 3 years (see sig for list).

One thing I do notice with the Tacoma is that the mods don't seem to be as plug and play. For example, I swapped to the Golf R steering wheel and it was a perfect plug-and-play. Not gonna back down on the Tacoma though!

Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 AM   #7
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
I came here for the wrong kind of vag.
X2
Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
have had VW wise..
71 bus
71 bus
73 bus
86 jetta GLI
85 golf GTI clone
82 rabbit with a sirocco motor
86 4000 CS audi quattro
01 jetta wagon
02 jetta sedan (sisters but I had for a year )
06 jetta sedan (sisters but I had for a year )

I dont have pics of most of my old ones.. but here is a few.

71 bus that started as a transporter. I added a full westfalia interior out of a 73 that I owned.. changed the windows, added new floors painted it, and made it a devon moonraker.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

bought this new in 01 loved this wagon.

sold it in 06 and bought this. 06 C230 sport

sold that for something with a soul..
Currently own this 99 996.. My parents operate Brey Krause.. www.bkauto.com so P cars are in my blood. this one has all the BK goodies on it, and I added a Fabspeed super cup exhaust. Pretty fun car.. but want to go oldschool in the future.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #9

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to own a 996 someday

^ ha, we had an 06 pewter c280 4matic. Owned it for 3years

Made the fiancé sell it to get an 04 a6 2.7t s-line. I'm kinda obsessed with the 2.7t. I wanted her to get something a little bigger and something I could work on with my eyes closed. To say I'm a moonlight/backyard 2.7t mechanic is an understatement.

The w203 is a solid car tho. I agree with you it lacking "soul"
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #10
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
I'm going to own a 996 someday

^ ha, we had an 06 pewter c280 4matic. Owned it for 3years the w203 is a solid car tho. I agree with you it lacking "soul"

lol! Nice!
yea, I really liked the benz.. definitly solid.. but just didnt have that zing that gets you in the heart on a car. The ladies liked it though.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #11

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
Beavis. I worked at Anspach Classic Porsche and European Sports Car Garage for a while. It's a hole in the wall place out here in pa. We worked on and parted out a lot of older 911's, 914's and 944's.

I guess I'll give my vag history
After I wrecked my 5 speed 93 Subaru impreza wagon. It started with this 96 a4 2.8 5speed with sport package

Lost it in a house fire, I loved that car black on white leather and wood grain with red gauges
Then I had an Isuzu trooper, loved that truck
Then got this 79 w116 European 280s

It was ONE BADASSMOFO hung on to it for longer then I ever owned any car. Just sold it when I got my tacoma
Then this 01.5 s4 6speed got it stock went up to stage2+

Totaled it :cry:

Got a rare 5speed 96 LR discovery
Sold it and got my dream car
01.5 s4 6speed same color combo as my old a4

Got it stock, now stage 2+ + tons of supporting mods. I've had it for 4.5years know. Was my daily driver up until I got my tacoma to take over that job. Now waiting on money for stage3+engine build

Got an old 87 stick reg cab 4x4 ranger to dd when I was doing masonry

Before I got my tacoma I stumbled on this car
01 s4 6speed black on black, I'm a sucker for black sedans. This is the cleanest most unmolested b5 s4 I've ever seen (hard to come by) so I had to buy it.

Again bought it stock(I'm a firm believer in buying stock tuner cars) and I'm keeping it that way. I upgraded all the mounts and bushings and the diverter valves. Other then that I'm just keeping it clean oem

Then got me reg cab taco to reliably get me around
Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #12
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Beavis. I worked at Anspach Classic Porsche and European Sports Car Garage for a while. It's a hole in the wall place out here in pa. We worked on and parted out a lot of older 911's, 914's and 944's.

)
Nice!
Brey Krause is located in Bethlehem PA.. I lived there for many a years.. are you familiar with them?
how about Phil's Auto in Veracruz PA? they do all of the work for the Brey Krause cars and are an excellent shop.
Or Kelly Moss Motorsports? http://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...racing-lineup/ we are one of their sponsors.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #13

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Nice!
Brey Krause is located in Bethlehem PA.. I lived there for many a years.. are you familiar with them?
how about Phil's Auto in Veracruz PA? they do all of the work for the Brey Krause cars and are an excellent shop.
Or Kelly Moss Motorsports? http://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...racing-lineup/ we are one of their sponsors.
Interesting, not familiar, I looked up brey Krause, you guys do mounts and braces. Hmm you guys a cnc shop? ...
Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Interesting, not familiar, I looked up brey Krause, you guys do mounts and braces. Hmm you guys a cnc shop? ...
Yes we have cnc machines. And alot more. Www.breykrause.com is the heart of the operation. Bkauto was born out of the capabilities.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Love the B5 S4s. :beer:
Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #16
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Been wanting an Audi for quite some time, and I love the looks of the 2001+ models. Gonna be keeping an eye on this thread.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #17
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 12 jetta SE for a few months. I had never owned a car before and quickly realized that I am not a car person

tinted the windows and hydrodipped the emblems in woodgrain.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #18
tonyh215 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
tonyh215's Tacoma Gallery
Okay first post, and I'm glad I found this thread. I'm selling my 2012 VW Golf R and thinking about picking up a 2014 Tacoma. My R is APR stage 2+ flash and fairly decently modded. KW V2 coils, APR turboback, evoms intake, autotech HPFP, dieselgeek short shifter, Euro OEM LED taillights....

Am I nuts to make this move?

I recently purchased a 1995 Toyota xtra cab 4x4 pickup with the 3.0 V6. Since buying it, I've loved having a truck, but definitely hate the sheer lack of any sort of power from it. I obviously am not looking for a race car in truck form, but I'd like to be able to safely pull out into moving traffic or pass on the highway if needed. Buying this old truck has gotten me to think "hey, this might be for me", so now I'm seriously considering the new Tacoma. I test drove a 2014 TRD sport 4x4 double cab with a manual trans and really enjoyed it. It had plenty of power in my opinion, and all the options I really want, aside from heated seats- not such a big deal with the cloth interior though.

Being a new homeowner I find myself frequently making Home Depot runs, buying furniture, etc and wishing I had a truck to haul some larger things that aren't so easy to get into a hatchback. I'd probably sell the 1995 pickup since two trucks is overkill for my needs, but possibly would pick up a Mk2 as a toy to satisfy my need for VAG. I also have a 2012 Triumph Thruxton so I wont be getting rid of all my "fun" rides for the Tacoma.

Couple pics of the R:

Old 03-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #19
jspirate is on a distinguished road
jspirate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyh215 View Post
Okay first post, and I'm glad I found this thread. I'm selling my 2012 VW Golf R and thinking about picking up a 2014 Tacoma. My R is APR stage 2+ flash and fairly decently modded. KW V2 coils, APR turboback, evoms intake, autotech HPFP, dieselgeek short shifter, Euro OEM LED taillights....

Am I nuts to make this move?

I recently purchased a 1995 Toyota xtra cab 4x4 pickup with the 3.0 V6. Since buying it, I've loved having a truck, but definitely hate the sheer lack of any sort of power from it. I obviously am not looking for a race car in truck form, but I'd like to be able to safely pull out into moving traffic or pass on the highway if needed. Buying this old truck has gotten me to think "hey, this might be for me", so now I'm seriously considering the new Tacoma. I test drove a 2014 TRD sport 4x4 double cab with a manual trans and really enjoyed it. It had plenty of power in my opinion, and all the options I really want, aside from heated seats- not such a big deal with the cloth interior though.

Being a new homeowner I find myself frequently making Home Depot runs, buying furniture, etc and wishing I had a truck to haul some larger things that aren't so easy to get into a hatchback. I'd probably sell the 1995 pickup since two trucks is overkill for my needs, but possibly would pick up a Mk2 as a toy to satisfy my need for VAG. I also have a 2012 Triumph Thruxton so I wont be getting rid of all my "fun" rides for the Tacoma.

Couple pics of the R:

That R is damn fine car! I think everyone needs a truck and I am glad to have one, but I would bet that you'll end up missing the R. I've got a friend that got rid of his modded 335 for a Silverado. He complains all the time about not having and missing something light and fun. I don't think it will be long before he has another car.

Those of us that like to drive, find it hard to live with a truck alone.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #20
Knows a little about a lot
LuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
LuckyCharms's Tacoma Gallery
What about former VAG owners? I actually did a couple more things to it after this picture, but you get the point...

I still have my VAGCOM or VCDS cable if anybody needs some tweaks done in SoCal area. I LOVED my A3.

BTW.. I did all kinds of performance things to that car. APR stg2 put a couple of STIs to shame.