Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Toyota Service computers linked?

Old 03-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Service computers linked?

for future reference, does anyone know if toyota service computers are linked together? if i make a complaint about something with my truck or have work done at dealership A, if i go to dealership B, will they have access to this information?

i ask because when the weather breaks, i'm going to take my frame pieces to the dealer to complain about the condition of my frame again. BUT, i dont want to go to the same dealership as i went to previously. They wouldnt give me the time of day the second time i stopped in so i'd like to try elsewhere. i just want it to be documented (this time with a baggie of my frame) that i am not pleased with the condition of my frame after i have tried everything to keep it under control. this way, if something ever should happen with the second gen tacomas, i'm in the system complaining more than once.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
What typically happens is when a repair is made the invoice is uploaded to the corporate database to be referenced by another dealership. This can take anywhere from a couple of hours, to a couple of days.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
only repairs though not complaints or concerns? the first time i went to the dealer to complain they said they had it marked in their system that they checked out the frame and was structurally fine. the second time they said that they would make a note in the system again, but no work was actually done