Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Honeymoon May Be Over for GM CEO Barra

Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Honeymoon May Be Over for GM CEO Barra

Rutroo....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...o-barra-n47151
Old 03-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
True dat but, she's being well compensated I'm sure.

Is the GM switch/ignition really the same as the Toyota "unintended" acceleration?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
GM covering things up? You don't say..like the Colorado/Canyon engine issues that drove me away after 20 yrs. GM considers it normal to need almost an entire new engine after 5 yrs and 76K babied miles.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #4
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
GM covering things up? You don't say..like the Colorado/Canyon engine issues that drove me away after 20 yrs. GM considers it normal to need almost an entire new engine after 5 yrs and 76K babied miles.
I hear ya on that one, previous 05 colorado owner here to. I-5 babied, oil always changed with synthetic and failure at 80k. That to drove me away as GM does not stand by there products and i have only ever been a gm truck owner/
Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 AM   #5
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
They just upped the price on the new Corvette to cover the costs As much as I would like to buy a new Colorado diesel, supporting a company that pays it's CEO that much is nauseating.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloutdrs1 View Post
I hear ya on that one, previous 05 colorado owner here to. I-5 babied, oil always changed with synthetic and failure at 80k. That to drove me away as GM does not stand by there products and i have only ever been a gm truck owner/
First they never heard of the warranty, then refused to fix it even after certifying it as failed and qualified, then charged me 2 grand and said GM would comp it for the timing chains and cam that it ate. Ask me why they almost went under right..
Old 03-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
You know the worst part (besides the deaths of course)? Not one of these cars should have ever been made.

It's not like a single model included was a flagship, or even one the engineers would have been proud to have designed.

They are a reminder of the crap GM tried to get people to buy instead of just making good cars.

I hope they don't ever make cars like the one on this list again.

Chevrolet Cobalt
Pontiac G5
Saturn Ion
Chevrolet HHR
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky

Did anyone actually want one of these cars?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
GM can keep their crappy cars. Toyota has had issues but this takes the cake for issues that shouldn't happen.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #9
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
GM can keep their crappy cars. Toyota has had issues but this takes the cake for issues that shouldn't happen.
It's less about quality and more about responsibility. Do you know which 2 manufacturers had the most recalls last year? Toyota and Honda.

At the mere hint of a malfunction, Japan's big 2 call in their cars. No actuary can tell them how much money they might save by overlooking a potential safety issue because their reputation is invaluable to them.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
Coppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant futureCoppertone has a brilliant future

Coppertone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatupford View Post
You know the worst part (besides the deaths of course)? Not one of these cars should have ever been made.

It's not like a single model included was a flagship, or even one the engineers would have been proud to have designed.

They are a reminder of the crap GM tried to get people to buy instead of just making good cars.

I hope they don't ever make cars like the one on this list again.

Chevrolet Cobalt
Pontiac G5
Saturn Ion
Chevrolet HHR
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky

Did anyone actually want one of these cars?
What about the Pontiac Aztek? The lead designer of the new corvette and silverado actually designed the Aztek.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
What about the Pontiac Aztek? The lead designer of the new corvette and silverado actually designed the Aztek.
I can't talk shit about the Aztec because a) Walter White had one and b) it's referenced as a sort of microwave Frankenstein in one of my favorite 30Rock episodes of all time.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #12
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
And the flushing continues...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/gm-...-gm-car-n52316
Old 03-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
Banned
How far does that Rabbit hole go....

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/gm-...l-costs-n54701
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Saw this family on the boob tube talking about their daughter & GM recently. It really is sickening what decisions are made over the $. Cost benefit analysis has no place when dealing with human lives.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Saw this family on the boob tube talking about their daughter & GM recently. It really is sickening what decisions are made over the $. Cost benefit analysis has no place when dealing with human lives.

Indeed, plus our tax dollars bailed them out...
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #16

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Indeed, plus our tax dollars bailed them out...
You'll get me banned if we start going down the road of how fucked up our government is & has been for years.