Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

$1,200,000,000.00 fine for TM.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #21
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I have to say that this BS with the ignition switch has me scratching my head. It's just like the floormat thing. You shouldn't have 20 pounds of key rings and 50 keys on a single keyring in the first place!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #22
floodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant future

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo made $5.2B, yes billion in the 4th quarter of last year.... profit....
Profit before people is what one article said, quoting the judge or politician...
They lost a civil suit that was about electronic issues that caused some of these issues...
TBD, this is just gettin going....
Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx586 View Post
I refuse to believe that any toyota (or any decently maintained car/truck for that matter) would be able to overpower its own braking system. If my truck was "unintentionally" going 125 mph, I'd be standing on that damn brake pedal. Just sayin...

Edit: Just saw this

That is some f'd up sh*t. lol
You'd be surprised. When I was 19, my '84 Camaro had a stuck throttle at WOT or damn close. I was standing on the brake with both feet and barely slowing it at all unless I threw it in neutral. I only dared do that for a second or 2 because I was trying not to blow the engine as well. Fortunately it was a late night and no traffic but ugh..
Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 AM   #24
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
GM only has to get 13 people killed, no biggie. From just down the GA forum page....http://www.nbcnews.com/business/auto...o-barra-n47151

Toyota has 1 (driver error) incident and all holy hell breaks loose.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #25
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got my check Saturday.....was $125.00 (couple tanks of gas)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/toyota...071725458.html
Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #26
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The case mentioned above I think was the first major one. It was an off duty police officer/sheriff who's family and he died during the 911 call.

Sad enough as it is, I find it strange that a police officer wouldn't think to turn off the engine, or as mentioned, put it in neutral. I have actually had this happen in an old truck when I was like 18 years old. The carb plates stuck after I did a WOT acceleration down the road. First thing I did was turn off the ignition. No more acceleration. Just seems odd. I do feel bad for those who died, regardless of the reason.
Only once? Geez. I've had the throttle stick WOT half a dozen times on me. A dodge diesel did it the other day. Sounded good but wasn't very good. Just popped it into neutral and shut it off.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #27
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
I got my check Saturday.....was $125.00 (couple tanks of gas)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/toyota...071725458.html
I'm not as extravagant as U R - I could get close to 3 fill ups or maybe take her out to dinner if I'm feeling generous. What do I have to do to get my $125.00
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #28
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
I'm not as extravagant as U R - I could get close to 3 fill ups or maybe take her out to dinner if I'm feeling generous. What do I have to do to get my $125.00
HA! I take her out to dinner to.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #30
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The case mentioned above I think was the first major one. It was an off duty police officer/sheriff who's family and he died during the 911 call.

Sad enough as it is, I find it strange that a police officer wouldn't think to turn off the engine, or as mentioned, put it in neutral. I have actually had this happen in an old truck when I was like 18 years old. The carb plates stuck after I did a WOT acceleration down the road. First thing I did was turn off the ignition. No more acceleration. Just seems odd. I do feel bad for those who died, regardless of the reason.
I drive the road that he dies on twice a week at least, honestly there's no reason he couldn't have put it in neutral and been 100% safe, it's a long downhill stretch that's fairly straight.
Hell, he probably could've shut off the engine, turn the key back to run (so the steering wouldn't lock) and use the E-brake to slow down safely.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #31
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Thank U so much Sir but I sill don't know how 2 get my check $$$
I replied to the notice I received in the mail. Filled it out and sent it in.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #33
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I drive the road that he dies on twice a week at least, honestly there's no reason he couldn't have put it in neutral and been 100% safe, it's a long downhill stretch that's fairly straight.
Hell, he probably could've shut off the engine, turn the key back to run (so the steering wouldn't lock) and use the E-brake to slow down safely.
Just wondering could it have been one of those key less ignitions - I don't even know what that is but she says that's why they didn't shut it off - sounds better 2 me then just being stupid.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #34
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Where's my damn notice I hope she didn't think it was junk mail
I thought it was shit mail.

I read thru it for the hell of it and then said...HMMM........might as well give it a shot. Worked.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #35
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just wondering could it have been one of those key less ignitions - I don't even know what that is but she says that's why they didn't shut it off - sounds better 2 me then just being stupid.
He could've put it in neutral and let the rev limiter do its job

Only thing I know is we're playing armchair quarterback and the only way to know for sure what we would do is get put in that situation.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #36
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was shit mail.

I read thru it for the hell of it and then said...HMMM........might as well give it a shot. Worked.
Well she said she didn't thro out the shit mail. What's the $125 for ? Maybe I'll just call Toyota and see if I can sign up.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #37
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Its a ploy by the government to distract the public from GM's failures. Simple as that. The government is the biggest shareholder of GM! (In one way or another)
Old 03-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #38
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Its a ploy by the government to distract the public from GM's failures. Simple as that. The government is the biggest shareholder of GM! (In one way or another)
Interesting concept. Didn't they fine GM a little
Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #40
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just got this in my email last night. I can't wait for my $27.00 check...it probably won't even be that much

I got way more than that.

YMMV of course, but I was pretty happy with it.