Notices

Who has or had a fiat 500 abarth!?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
JTW will become famous soon enough
Marines: 3RD BN 4TH MAR
Name: Josh
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Who has or had a fiat 500 abarth!?

so my wife really wants one.. Well not the abarth but just a regular 500. We just moved back to FL and she wants something small and sporty.. I'm probably gonna end up getting her one. But now looking at the abarth, I'm kinda digging it! Sounds mean! Am I crazy? Have I lost my man card? Anyone with experience with these cars? Are they reliable? Good on gas? Fun to drive? Would you trade your Truck for one or two what's a good deal on one ( price wise )? Anyone feel free to chime in good or bad trash talk or not haha
Attached Thumbnails
Who has or had a fiat 500 abarth!?-wp_20140331_15_07_51_pro20140404125815.jpg  
Old 03-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Jeremy Clarkson says it's great... So you don't lose your man card. But I wouldn't trade my truck for one, but I would have one as a second car. Like a road legal go kart

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/take-abarth
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

hahaha!!! Priceless
Old 03-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Jeremy Clarkson says it's great... So you don't lose your man card. But I wouldn't trade my truck for one, but I would have one as a second car. Like a road legal go kart

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/take-abarth

true I'd have to get the abarth.. Well id love to be able to have it as a second car but financially smart.. I could afford it but I'd like to save money.. I don't know.. Haha
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
get the SS version...man card in tact
SS version?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to edit my previous post, or put a disclaimer. If you have the chick from the Abarth commercials in the passenger seat, you can keep your man card
Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
I drove a rental 2000 km, from Cancun to Mexico City, last fall. Good on the highway, good on gas. Don't plan on getting anyone in the back seat. With the front seats in a good spot, there was zero room behind me for legs, and the trunk would only fit 2 airline size carry-on bags, plus a small camera bag.

If it will only ever be just the two of you, with no need to drag anything other than a couple of small bags... then you have found your new car.

Frank
Old 03-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #10
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd like to edit my previous post, or put a disclaimer. If you have the chick from the Abarth commercials in the passenger seat, you can keep your man card
hahah well I think I'll be even better with my wife but both would be better
Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I drove a rental 2000 km, from Cancun to Mexico City, last fall. Good on the highway, good on gas. Don't plan on getting anyone in the back seat. With the front seats in a good spot, there was zero room behind me for legs, and the trunk would only fit 2 airline size carry-on bags, plus a small camera bag

If it will only ever be just the two of you, with no need to drag anything other than a couple of small bags... then you have found your new car.

Frank
Nice. Well we don't plan on having kids (knock on wood) it would be nice not having the car were everyone wants to ride and not pay for gas! Lol
Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #13
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
is she italian?
no but a mixture of a few things haha
Old 03-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
well... I drove one today.. And rode in the back seat of one.. And I must say we were able to fit 4 people in it haha and one of us was 6'4 in the back seat! Very impressive haha. I drove the abarth and its awesome!! And they are trying to give me a hell of a deal on it.. Very tempting
Old 03-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #15
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW View Post
well... I drove one today.. And rode in the back seat of one.. And I must say we were able to fit 4 people in it haha and one of us was 6'4 in the back seat! Very impressive haha. I drove the abarth and its awesome!! And they are trying to give me a hell of a deal on it.. Very tempting
If you like it, do it.

Frank
Old 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #16
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW View Post
so my wife really wants one.. Well not the abarth but just a regular 500. We just moved back to FL and she wants something small and sporty.. I'm probably gonna end up getting her one. But now looking at the abarth, I'm kinda digging it! Sounds mean! Am I crazy? Have I lost my man card? Anyone with experience with these cars? Are they reliable? Good on gas? Fun to drive? Would you trade your Truck for one or two what's a good deal on one ( price wise )? Anyone feel free to chime in good or bad trash talk or not haha
Check out Lenos Garage..Jays web site has a couple of them, complete critique of the 500, Abarth, and a road test.... Jay really has some nice things to say about them.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Fiat = Fix It Again Tony

I'd do the Mini Cooper S instead, but my wife likes the Fiat. Definitely get the Abarth.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #19
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
A Chick drove one past me full throttle; what a piece of shit. Get the Dodge Dart.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #20
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
If you like it, do it.

Frank
we will see... Then what to do with all my parts on my truck!? Haha