Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Volkswagen Has A Truck?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #22
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, my friends family own 2 golfs and a Jetta all TDI's and they haven't had any problems. My family will no longer own VW's due to some other issues we had with the company. I actually got us on the Toyota kick.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #23
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
If the Amorak does come to Canada....would it be possible to buy one there and import it into the USA?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
If the Amorak does come to Canada....would it be possible to buy one there and import it into the USA?

Depends on EPA / import rules in the US
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #25
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm not up to date on DOT and EPA compliance but I'd imagine Canada and the USA must have similar standards since they reside on the same continent and a car from Canada can literally be driven across the border. Could hold promise for some of us down here. That TDI is incredible. I hope Toyota is listening (though they're probably not).
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #26
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doubt it, USA diesel vehicles have to pass the very strict California Air Resources Board (CARB) in order to be sold in the US's biggest market, California. They already have them 5 hours south of Dallas in Mexico.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolio View Post
Doubt it, USA diesel vehicles have to pass the very strict California Air Resources Board (CARB) in order to be sold in the US's biggest market, California. They already have them 5 hours south of Dallas in Mexico.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/12/25/...marok-pick-up/
Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #28
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolio View Post
Pretty sure texas emissions doesn't require CARB compliance. If that were the case my 1993 Mazda RX7 wouldn't even come close to passing emissions.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #29
Sounds Gooooood

Hmmmm....interest has been piqued
Old 05-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #30
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Our 2012 Golf has been awesome
How many miles? At 100k, I would expect interior finishes and electrics to be taken various shits.

I would not go near a VW product until they can demonstrate improved and sustained year-over-year reliability.

Fun to drive, not fun to repair.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #31
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty sure texas emissions doesn't require CARB compliance. If that were the case my 1993 Mazda RX7 wouldn't even come close to passing emissions.
CARB is only for Cali. I bet none of the Mexican diesels will pass any US states emission though. And the diesel itself is different in Mexico, clean diesel stations are hard to find in Mexico. If you are a USA citizen that owns property and lives in Mexico most of the year, you can cross your Mexican diesel vehicle into the USA no problem. My cousin from Piedras Negras has a new Mexican Ram Cummins without all the def and emissions crap that he drives in San Antonio now that he moved here for safety reasons. As long as his main residence is still listed as Mexico, no problem. I have a house in Piedras and would do the same thing if they brought a 4x4 diesel Hilux to Mexico, the Amarok is not worth the price imo.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #32
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/28/v...at-worthersee/

I don't like the ground effects, paint job or the stereo in the bed, but otherwise I'd drive it. Probably costs twice what I paid though. Hard to ignore 443 ft lbs of torque in a smaller truck. I'm sure it gets better mileage with the 8 speed transmission too.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #33
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Not to mention the recent problems with the high pressure fuel pumps in the Jettas and Golfs and turbo issues with the Passat (all specific to the TDI). All expensive fixes out of warranty.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #35
BuddyS is on a distinguished road
BuddyS's Tacoma Gallery
I would have loved a VW truck like that, but... my last car was a 2010 Jetta TDI, and it could have been so good -- but the astounding list of electrical issues and other problems that car had by just 40K miles turned me off to VW. At 38K the radio just died. $1750 for a stock replacement??? That was the straw that drove me right the the Toyota dealer.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #36
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
It would be ironic if VW brings the Amarok to Canada, then offers only a gasoline engine
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
It would be ironic if VW brings the Amarok to Canada, then offers only a gasoline engine

That won't happen