1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weird bronco build.. desert guys chime in

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TCprerunner, May 12, 2014.

1. May 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    TCprerunner

TCprerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Okay 94 broncob5.8 fresh rebuilt EOD..

[​IMG]

It has 6 " drop bracket lift blocks in the rear 35" joggers

The plan (this is the point of the post I want your ideas of what you would do... Think score stock full size class but with out any shock mount relocations)

As it sits this thing handles like shit off road at anything higher then a snails pace .. But it will go almost anywhere.
    I am wanting to change up a few things to gain some higher speed handling and smoothness. Nothing crazy but I want to be able to have fun on fire roads ect. At 45 50 mph. So no jumps just pot holes and washboard type stuff per say.

First I was thinking dropping the bracket lift down to the 4" setting to help with steering geometry and maybe lower the cog a little. If I need smaller tires so be it I don't want the bloggers anyways but would like to run 35x10.5 at tires

In the rear I am going to trash the blocks and looking at new leafs .. Along the lines of this. ( I'm a poser I want some bro lean I like the look)

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33551-rear-springs-4-5-lift-pair.html

4.5 if I keep the 6" 2.5 and shackle lift if I go 4" I think bit not sure yet

And want to run bilstine 5100s seem to be a decent budget choice for off road use.

It has the dual shock setup up front and figured with 4 shocks the 4 5100s would do fine... I also think the coils should be fine bronco only has 80k miles..

Then just replacing bushings and all that fun stuff .. How do y'all think this would work as a whole?

2. May 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    MojaveMadman

MojaveMadman Cali Raised LED

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    gofastbroncos.com everything you ever need to know about pre-runner a bronco, good group of guys there. I had a 90 Bronco for a while and learned a ton there.

3. May 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    TCprerunner

TCprerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I know its hard on shit and most of it is not like this and is just wavy? Lol don't know how to explain the type of terrain but being honest with my self that I will hit shit that's on the rough side... Also the speed listed is on the high end...

Do you think the new leafs and just all around decent shocks will make a big difference and what's your thoughts on going down to 4 over the 6" lift.. I keep hearing hearing about the added stress to the frames with and thought it would be all around better for me to go to 4"

4. May 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    MojaveMadman

MojaveMadman Cali Raised LED

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OR
    All New Everything
    Take the drop down brackets off all together!! Get a 2" lift spring and some 5100's all around and you will have a much much nicer ride. Then when you save up your pennies, buy cut and turned beams which will allow you to put 4" lift coils on without using drop down brackets. Radius arms are a must too. You can put those on before or at the same time as the cut and turned beams, they allow the suspension to move without nearly as much camber/castor change.

New leafs will help a lot, but yo uget what you pay for. If you buy a cheap set of Superlift leafs they will be better than worn out stock leaf springs. But if you want to buy once and have great leafs go Deaver, National, or Autofab. They make the best leaf springs that are purpose built for doing 50 mph type driving, but they will set you back $800 or so for the set.

Good companies to look at:

- Solo Motorosports - Good name in suspension, cheaper prices on quality parts like radius arms, beams, coils, etc.
    - Camburg - We all know who they are, quality parts.
    - Autofab - The king of Ford I-beam suspension, period. There is no better place to get quality parts, but they are a little spendy. You do get what you pay for here though, buy once from autofab and never replace it again!

Products Discussed in

To Top