Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Thinking of makeing a Satoshi style grill....

Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of makeing a Satoshi style grill....

BUT, keeping the crome souround..
PackerfanXD and I may be selling one.......Any thoughts? Would this interest anyone?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
I would be if the surround was white
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see it done in chrome. You always see them color matched so it'd be different to see it done in chrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
What is Shatoshi anyway???? Some style or a brand name of a grille?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got the materials, and did some testing on mesh types to see what kind of flow and resistance they offer. Im gonna begin this project tomarrow. Allready have the center part cut out, and sanded. Just have to do the fiberglassing and such...
Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Go Chris! Go Chris! Go Chris! Go Chris!
LOL, thanks, Buddy!

Hey, I tried to call, and Im gonna pass on the shotting tomarrow. Im gonna give this fiberglass a try, and I think, since Julie is gonna be home, Its a good time, just in case I end up fiberglassing some...ummm.......body parts to the grill. Im gonna need someone to drive me to my local hang out.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
you have my attention
Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
you have my attention
Yes...I figured It would get someones attention.

I have never worked with Fiberglass before, and I have heard the "Bed liner on the Hootus" story, so Im a little nervous.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
so this should be interesting, with the satoshi can you put lights behind the grill?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
so this should be interesting, with the satoshi can you put lights behind the grill?
Yep. I wont, but you can.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i have the lights already just wondering if its possible
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #17
fixedforbroke is an unknown quantity at this point

fixedforbroke's Tacoma Gallery
chris has balls to do this, im too chicken so far
good luck, looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #18
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
LOL, thanks, Buddy!

Hey, I tried to call, and Im gonna pass on the shotting tomarrow. Im gonna give this fiberglass a try, and I think, since Julie is gonna be home, Its a good time, just in case I end up fiberglassing some...ummm.......body parts to the grill. Im gonna need someone to drive me to my local hang out.
OK, I'll have to break that rifle in without ya.
Keep up the good work Chris, I have all confidence in ya!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
OK, I'll have to break that rifle in without ya.
Keep up the good work Chris, I have all confidence in ya!
Thanks Buddy. Call me when you get back from the shoot.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #20

Update:

Ok...Im stoned. I did the fiberglass.....and I didnt get any on my Hootus. I was wearing gloves, goodthing as they end up stuck on the mixing bucket. Everything is looking good, and in a couple of hours, Im gonna begin the Bondo........I have giant mushrooms running around in front of my house..................I got one and got larger...........................my Wife is dressed like a princess..............