Ram 1500, f150 or other

View Poll Results: who makes the best 1/2 ton
Ford f-150 41 71.93%
Dodge ram 1500 7 12.28%
other (please specify) 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Ram 1500, f150 or other

My company is looking to buy 4 new half-ton trucks. ford and dodge both offered us special deals on them, longetivity isnt that big of a deal as we usually sell them when they reach 100k, and im not a big fan of the tudra as it looks ugly. So, my question of the day now is which one is better ive drove most of the half-tons and they ride well and have the power to pull what we need.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Ford, I like Dodge but dont think they should be used as corporate fleet, ford i could care less for
Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I chose Ford because I don't like the 1500. I explained in the other thread.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy, then Ford, then Dodge.

I've had a number of Chevys and they're good. Out here in AZ my experience is that 60% of contractors use Chevy, 30% Ford and 10% Dodge.

Isn't the new Tundra more of a 3/4 ton?

What are we supposed to call the Taco - a 3/8 ton?!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra Tundra Tundra.

If not able. Fords are good too. Look at other thread
Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
shit i dont know how i started 2 threads
Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Ah its cool. It happens
Old 04-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
f150.......i still dont like the new body style at all, but they are a good built truck. i just dont like dodge trucks too much.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
cavalcante001 is on a distinguished road

cavalcante001's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
only thing that really stuck out is i feel that gmc and the new tundra didnt feel as solid and settle compared to the rest of the trucks, i always felt you buy a truck it should ride like a truck and they didnt feel like that at all, Im really not trying to be biased against any of the trucks, just trying to get the best truck for the money
Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Bookem is on a distinguished road

Bookem's Tacoma Gallery
I had an F-150 and thought it was a very good truck...specially for the money.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
150, can't beat 'em, can't bust 'em. They just fall apart on their own. lol

Much better than any Dodge or Chevy though.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #13
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
Without hesitation I would say that the new Ford's are the best all around 1/2 ton on the market today IMHO.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #14
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The F-150, any of you that hasn't drove one of the 09's needs too. They are awesome! (for a full size)
Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
trd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
After owning an 07 Tundra, i would say an F150. They are great work trucks.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
f150.......i still dont like the new body style at all, but they are a good built truck. i just dont like dodge trucks too much.
Will. The front looks just like the Ford Flex
Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a Dodge for about 3 years....and while I owned it, I had few warrantee items fixed. Never owned it past the warrantee. The trannies are known for giving up around 60k miles or so.

I know nothing about Fords.

You should cruise around on the Dodge/Ford forums and see what types of problems people are bitchin about.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #18
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
I am a born and raised ford boy! I loved my 06 f150.. You can't go wrong with america's number 1 selling truck! Not to mention, chevy and dodge are still in deep trouble! Ford is doing well.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #19
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Ford does do some killer fleet deals, Probably why they are not as hurting as Chysler, And GM.
I say ford.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #20
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Ford.. and get them all loaded with Man Steps