Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

FJ's are discontinued?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
FJ's are discontinued?

Went to the dealer today and was told FJ Cruiser's have been discontinued. What is left in port and on lots is it.
Can anybody confirm this? I know we have members that own FJ's.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i know when i got my truck the dealer told me that the fj is limited edition and was only on sale for that year (06) but sales went good so they made more. i wouldnt be surprise if they did discontinue them since they first were meant for limited editions.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Dosent make much sense, since they are out selling the Tacoma's
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezidentRedz View Post
Dosent make much sense, since they are out selling the Tacoma's
when did that start happening? there has been the same two on my dealers lot for the past 2 months.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere that the FJ life span was coming to an end due to poor sales, though i dont remember exactly where that was; maybe Peterson's 4WOR? Its a shame if the do because if I didnt need a truck, the FJ would be my 4x4 vehicle of choice.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
when did that start happening? there has been the same two on my dealers lot for the past 2 months.
Im not sure about now with all this economy crap, but for a while there alot of Parts Mfgs, wernt making parts for the Taco, because of the FJ surge. I guess its changed.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
oh I def. agree with you there. after strong FJ sales the first year, the aftermarket industry did focus on the fj and put the taco on the back burner for a while. But I dont believe FJ's ever outsold the Tacoma
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
i was told that this model year would be the last produced. not sure how accurate that is....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Well if true then I dunno what to do. My girl really wants one and was almost in tears when she heard that. She has her heart set on a black one but no black ones are for sale near us. Would have to dealer trade to get one locally and pay freight.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i actually saw a soft top FJ yesterday in the parking lot at the dodger game... first time ive ever seen one, wish i took a pic
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
they probally just say that to boost up sales.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not surprised. They priced it way too high and it gets pretty awful fuel economy to boot. Had they kept it at the 19k price as promised, they might have had a bit more success.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #14

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I hope not, I would like to replace my wifes Camry with one in a couple of years.
Yeah, my g/f has wanted one for awhile now. She has been saving up for a few years to buy one.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
I'm not surprised. They priced it way too high and it gets pretty awful fuel economy to boot. Had they kept it at the 19k price as promised, they might have had a bit more success.
FJ has the same EPA estimates as the Tacoma.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and that's the Automatic FJ

the Manual Tranny FJ has lower EPA estimates because it is full time 4wd.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
the Manual Tranny FJ has lower EPA estimates because it is full time 4wd.

only the TRD edition is full time 4wd
Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #18
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
only the TRD edition is full time 4wd
Sorry mang... all manual tranny FJs are full time

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/specs.html
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Sorry mang... all manual tranny FJs are full time

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/specs.html

nice find.... my service manager needs to do some research then!! then whats the difference with the trd besides the color key top and the wheels. i was told the trd edition is full time all wheel drive for the manual, suspension, color roof, and the wheels
Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #20
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
nice find.... my service manager needs to do some research then!! then whats the difference with the trd besides the color key top and the wheels. i was told the trd edition is full time all wheel drive for the manual, suspension, color roof, and the wheels
according to the guys at fjcruiserforum.com the only differences is really the wheels and painted roof... sometimes they paint the shocks red...

I did a lot of research on the things a couple months ago...