Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Good mileage my ass...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
What a great quote

My Gf has a 01 VW Turbo Bug and drive it like a race car and get 25+. I love that car, it hauls ass.
LMFAO!!!!

I guess thats what I get for posting before my coffee has taken affect.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #22
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
you should have just gotten a Matrix, you wouldn't have this problem
Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Sorry for the epic long reply...haven't been on in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
It might as well be a Ford. What do you expect?

What happened to getting the Tacoma? I'm sure the V6 will get at least that, and probably better. I manage to get 20mpg in the city with my 2.7L. That is with some really heavy E load range 265/75/r16 tires and a 3 inches of lift.
Well they were still owned by Ford when my car was built so....lol
It's still going to happen, I'm trying to find a good way out of this car but I don't have time for that right now, school got into test mode and it sucks. But I'm on top of it! I'm 100% that a Taco will get better mileage and I am car shopping currently for the best deals possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Sounds like the car needs some serious maintenance and repairs. You gotta take care of all that stuff or the car ain't gonna be worth anything when or if you try to sell it someday.
I know but it's not even old! It's only 9 months old...I rolled over 5,555 miles a day ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
something's wrong... either the car or the driver (no offense)...

my 13 year old Mazda gets 31 MPG easy (highway)

Haha, well I drive pretty damn good if I say so myself. I mean I haven't gotten into any accidents or been ticketed...yet *knocks on wood* and I've got plenty of friends who have totalled 2 cars or rolled their (Mazda3 sedan 3 times) cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
its a mazda....enough said
If I knew that when I bought it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
3500 isnt a bad place to shit on that car. My Wife drives her Accord like she is seeking a sponser.....Shifts at 3000 to 3500 and STILL gets 28+ mpg. Something is not right with your car.....
Thank you! Somebody sees that this is pretty much where it should shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverworm View Post
you should have just gotten a Matrix, you wouldn't have this problem
Or I could get a 2010 Mazda3...those things are basically a Toyota Matrix without the Toyota reliability/quality. But I always hated Matrices...and Corollas but liked the MZ3's. Oh well, live and learn.