1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

93 lumina, low oil pressure and knocking...

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by darkturtleninja, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Apr 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    darkturtleninja

darkturtleninja [OP] 9th level dungeon master

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    95 2.7 3rz turd
    cold air intake, body lift, suspension lift.
    ok so we have 93 lumina 3.1 with 80 some thousand miles on it... and it was given to us by one of my dads coworkers with a BLOWN head gasket... there was a mixture of oil, antifreeze, and muck all through the engine... we tore the engine down to the lower block.... cylinder walls were still in perfect shape so we flushed out everything we could with k-1 and rebuilt the top end... headgasket, lifters, pushrods...all that good stuff... well the car runs decently. and the exhaust is clean... but it knocks and has low oil pressure.... when you start the car up it sounds perfect... but as soon as the engine warms up i start hearing what i assume to be lifter knock.... when in gear the oil light blinks on every time it knocks.... which is every half second when idle....i put a half can of seafoam in the oil hoping mabe it would work out the problems but it hasnt sofar....but ive only ran it about an hour.... im wondering if it could be as simple as replacing the oil pump assembly..... has anyone had this issue or know anything about any of it?

2. Apr 23, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I am having the same issue with my 98 3.1 gran prix. It started knocking and shut off on me once. I haven't had time to investigate fully but I will keep you posted. I think the oil pump is out on mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top