Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Oregon cop strikes gold traffic violations

Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon cop strikes gold traffic violations

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/24/...gon/index.html
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
May 2003, on the San Francisco to Miami Gumball 3000 Rally, the first CCR in the United States received the biggest speeding ticket in the world; 242 mph in a 75 mph zone somewhere in west Texas.

A Minnesota motorcyclist may have hit a record for a speeding ticket: 205 mph.
Minnesota State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying over U.S. Route 61 near Washaba, part of a task force cracking down on this fall's "Flood Run," an informal motorbike ride that takes place twice a year along the Mississippi River.
He looked down and saw two bikes racing at high speed, and when one shot ahead, Loney waited till the rider reached a white marker in the road. Then he clicked his stopwatch.
A quarter mile and 4.39 seconds later, the rider reached another marker. Loney did the math: 205.11 miles per hour.
"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."
Samuel Armstrong Tilley, 20, had soon been pulled over and booked for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license and driving 140 mph over the posted speed limit of 65.

Maybe he had to pee.....?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I read the story about the bike. It was a Honda RC51. NO WAY it could get up to 200+ mph unless it was modified. And more than a pipe and tune. Normally, they only go about 160 or so, stock.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
my truck might do about 200 mph...if you dropped it out of a plane
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I read the story about the bike. It was a Honda RC51. NO WAY it could get up to 200+ mph unless it was modified. And more than a pipe and tune. Normally, they only go about 160 or so, stock.
It's not hard to develop the build/tune to hit that. The "gentlemans agreement for bike governors is 187...In theory no production bike will get faster than that, unless you un-govern it. With the right cams, fuel management, pipe, filter, and the right tune...You could wind out 205...Not sure I'd want to tho.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It's not hard to develop the build/tune to hit that. The "gentlemans agreement for bike governors is 187...In theory no production bike will get faster than that, unless you un-govern it. With the right cams, fuel management, pipe, filter, and the right tune...You could wind out 205...Not sure I'd want to tho.
Well, I dont know. Being as the RC51 in stock form only puts down about 130 h.p., your gonna need MUCh more than a tune, cams, etc, on a V twin bike to bump it up another 40 or 50 h.p. needed to pull the gears required to hit that speed.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Well, I dont know. Being as the RC51 in stock form only puts down about 130 h.p., your gonna need MUCh more than a tune, cams, etc, on a V twin bike to bump it up another 40 or 50 h.p. needed to pull the gears required to hit that speed.
I'm not sure either- Limited experience with V-Twins- but my stock 600 Inline 4 hit 162 (on a closed course) and had some left. I've installed a pipe, filter, and fuel management with a generic tune since then. Sadly I have bolted on larger testicles...so I haven't been able to try to top that.

RC51 weight ~430 dry...Some drive gears (-2,+3) might help top that speed out....I think it could be done...but ::shrug:: Any one got an RC51 they want to let us test with??
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm not sure either- Limited experience with V-Twins- but my stock 600 Inline 4 hit 162 (on a closed course) and had some left. I've installed a pipe, filter, and fuel management with a generic tune since then. Sadly I have bolted on larger testicles...so I haven't been able to try to top that.

RC51 weight ~430 dry...Some drive gears (-2,+3) might help top that speed out....I think it could be done...but ::shrug:: Any one got an RC51 they want to let us test with??
I have a buddy with an RC51, and it will never get to that speed unless a turbo and gearing swap is done.
162 for a 6 is pretty respectable. Most of the new 600's are barley getting that, IF getting that speed.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbqRkwjcbo
Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #11

Whats your point, Jeff?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Whats your point, Jeff?

im just sayin

it reminded me of a song
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2w83zPr6wU
Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i think i would get on the radio and call EVERYONE nearby to come see what i just did if i stopped those 6 cars at the same time