Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Pontiac To CLOSE!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
just bought my wife the pontiac torant 5 months ago. oh well
Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm sure they'll be even more prized collectors items now and become even more valuable.
Oh, I'm sure!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #23
installersam is on a distinguished road
installersam's Tacoma Gallery
I will keep this piece of history forever.
Hate to here that about Pontiac, but the last 20 years haven't
been that great.
Attached Thumbnails
Pontiac To CLOSE!-dsc00322.jpg  
Old 04-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #24
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
forget pontiac and saturn!!! the two worst and ugliest cars ever!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #25
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by installersam View Post
I will keep this piece of history forever.
Hate to here that about Pontiac, but the last 20 years haven't
been that great.
Don't ever let that go. Probably doubled in value overnight. What a great project car!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #26
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter379 View Post
Anyone thats ever seen one of these should have known it was bound to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Me too. I can't remember the last good Pontiac. Probably before I was born.

it looks as though they have been using day labor as car designers for the last 15 years or so.

since we aren't buying their cars, the gov'mt will probably give them our money anyway
Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #27
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My mom had a yellow Pontiac Firebird snub nose convertible when I was yound. Wish I had it now put up in a climate controlled garage somewhere. It was bad enough she sold it when I got my license.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #28
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Good riddance...

Pontiac hasn't had a great car since the late 60s...
Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #29
ann margret
sevyn_stars will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: adam
sevyn_stars's Tacoma Gallery
Hold on guys...yes, I agree, pontiac doesn't make the best looking or dependable cars anymore, but I think you are forgetting about the most important aspect that I have gotten about this story. Think of all the jobs lost here in the states alone! I can't help but feel for these people and their families. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but it's true...
Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #30
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevyn_stars View Post
Hold on guys...yes, I agree, pontiac doesn't make the best looking or dependable cars anymore, but I think you are forgetting about the most important aspect that I have gotten about this story. Think of all the jobs lost here in the states alone! I can't help but feel for these people and their families. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but it's true...
I feel bad for them too. Sucks looseing a job. HOWEVER, Look at the cars that ARE selling.....Toyota, Honda, Nissan......etc. Americans have been SCREAMING they want reliability for quite some time now. Ford JUST recently realized this, and with the Fusion line, is trying to play catch up. Chevy has been trying (albiet hardly) to increase reliability in their vehicles, while Dodge has been rideing their design team, and not doing much for makeing a quality product. The result is that people are not going to buy their vehicles. And now the "Big three" cry "Nobody is buying our product...Help us..." Tough shit. Build a better vehicle, and people will buy it. Personally, I hate to see Pontiac close its doors. They should have stepped up, and made a better vehicle. They didnt.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #31
ann margret
sevyn_stars will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: adam
sevyn_stars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I feel bad for them too. Sucks looseing a job. HOWEVER, Look at the cars that ARE selling.....Toyota, Honda, Nissan......etc. Americans have been SCREAMING they want reliability for quite some time now. Ford JUST recently realized this, and with the Fusion line, is trying to play catch up. Chevy has been trying (albiet hardly) to increase reliability in their vehicles, while Dodge has been rideing their design team, and not doing much for makeing a quality product. The result is that people are not going to buy their vehicles. And now the "Big three" cry "Nobody is buying our product...Help us..." Tough shit. Build a better vehicle, and people will buy it. Personally, I hate to see Pontiac close its doors. They should have stepped up, and made a better vehicle. They didnt.
touche.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:57 AM   #32
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I also like the G8 but its a matter of too little to late.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #33
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Toyota makes cars and trucks that they know consumers will LIKE and BUY.. Unlike the Big 3 that just throw out the line (lots and lots of cars and trucks) and hope that a fish will bite.
Go research some sales fact first buddy. I drive a tacoma but Ford makes the vehicle that sales more than anything else ANYTHING, and has for years and years and years. Stop talking about "the big three" there is Ford, GM, and chrysler all seperate.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #34
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
All things must pass at some point. They fell from glory a loonnngg time ago.
The big V8's were retired and GM corporate brand engineering took over along with the bean counters. When the company put the accountants in charge of engineering all was lost.
I saw this happen with Mercedes 10 years ago. They are still slowly turning the ship around.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #35
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TRD View Post
Go research some sales fact first buddy. I drive a tacoma but Ford makes the vehicle that sales more than anything else ANYTHING, and has for years and years and years. Stop talking about "the big three" there is Ford, GM, and chrysler all seperate.
i find it funny that you have a toyota sitting in your drive way and no pics of a ford.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #36
Austin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the rough
Austin Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a '76 Trans Am with a 4 spd 455. I'm keeping that sucker!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #37
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Taco View Post
I have a '76 Trans Am with a 4 spd 455. I'm keeping that sucker!!
Oh yeah!! Drop the hammer!! Lay rubber!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #38
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of makes me sad to see them go. Ya- they've built ugly ass, jelly bean looking cars for years. But we rented a Grand Prix a year ago. Not a bad car. It was fast, pretty comfortable, got good fuel economy. Nothing to write home about, and I suppose that's the problem.

GM needs to take a few road trips to places like California and NY. Out here in Cali, NOBODY drives their cars. They definitely sell trucks, but the bulk of people who drive cars drives Hondas and Toyotas, and half of them are old, beater commuter cars with hundreds of thousands of miles on them.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #39
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
Pontiac's booting is long overdue ! While I'm fully aware some of you were not born yet, I bought a new 1974 Pontiac Ventura off of the showroom in Covington Kentucky. That hatchback Ventura comes in first on the list of worst cars that I have purchased. I will always fond memories of the GTO's, The Judge, Firebird's, & the famous Trans-Am's when America made real muscle cars.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #40
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Two of my friends have the G5s and i loved how they were geared. Both automatics but as soon as you took you foot off the gas the rpms would plummet and the engine didnt hold you back. They got great gas milage in their lazy man's manual simulating automatics