1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why a Tacoma?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by MGH-PA, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Apr 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    Goblin

Goblin TSB 0305-08 Rev2 & TSB 0373-09 DONE

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    STOCK TRD 4X4 OR DC
    I've had big V8's for over 10 years now. Last year I switched to a Rogue after moving to NOVA. OMG, what a f**ng mistake that was. I couldn't take it any longer and went back to Dodge for a big RAM. The long and short they were on crack! For a company going under you think they would have kissed my a$$. I'm not even sure how I ended up at Toyota but damn if this truck don't suit. It's a perfect fit for me and my needs. I couldn't be happier! The dealership was nothing special and as a matter a fact I have decided not to go back just because of personality differences. My 09 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 was only $24,590. Couldn't beat the price either. The truck had been on the lot since last October so I guess they wanted to move it.

2. Apr 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    Why the taco? I wonder how many threads through time have been created asking this, LOL

- Size is perfect - I don't have a huge trailer or anything, and I don't need to overcompensate, LOL

- Mileage is not bad

- Lost of online communities / aftermarket parts / support

- I bought it because it's what I wanted. My opinion was that it's a badass truck that will do the job while looking cool doing it. It hauls mulch. Gravel. Small equipment. Tools. The ontire family.

- I LOVE how the rear seat of my DC converts to an indoor truck bed. Great for hauling electronic equipment of other items without ruining the upholstery.

-Can enter / leave any construction job site REGARDLESS of terrain. ( I freelance as a deck designer / landscaping engineer) It's nimble enough to go wheeling. It's fun to drive on the beach.

- It's a Toyota Tacoma. Don't like it, then don't get one. It fits me, and there's plenty of other people here that I share that common ground with.

See a fellow taco? Give them a blink of the headlights. Tacomas FTW!

LOL

3. Apr 28, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Because i fell in love with my truck when i first layed eyes on her, plus it was the only truck i was allowed to get, parents didnt want me to get a big truck but whatever, plus they are awesome trucks and very modable

4. Apr 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy www.EvolvedFinance.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Los Angeles (South Bay)
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 Debadged
    BHLM, Revenge Fab Rock-Sliders, BFG TA KO's, N-Fab light bar with 4 Hella 500's, Rear Suspension TSB, TRD Exhaust, CB Radio, 100W Ultra bright headlights, JBL Sound
    Ummmm. Well, let see.

The Tacoma is the BEST looking truck in its class.
    I wanted a SMALLER truck.
    They hold their VALUE.
    They last forever!
    I snowboard and needed four-wheel-drive for the snow.
    My sister and her boyfriend work for Toyota so I got a phat discount on the truck.
    And, of course, they're awesome off-roading devices.

Good stuff. :)

5. Apr 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    If you dont NEED a full size theres no reason to get one and tacomas are clearly the best mid-size trucks out there.

6. Apr 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    T-rev

T-rev Resident Mall Crawler

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    Hahaha this is really funny actually, you come to a Tacoma Forum to bash on the Tacomas obviously to stroke your own trucks ego because you are disappointed in your own. If your truck was such a "real truck" you would have better things to do than this hahah.

Oh and back to the OP..
    I had an F150 before this and the Tacoma hands down beats it in everything.
    They look great.
    Amazing reliability.
    Resale!!!
    And why not?!

7. Apr 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM
    ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy www.EvolvedFinance.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Los Angeles (South Bay)
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 Debadged
    BHLM, Revenge Fab Rock-Sliders, BFG TA KO's, N-Fab light bar with 4 Hella 500's, Rear Suspension TSB, TRD Exhaust, CB Radio, 100W Ultra bright headlights, JBL Sound
    Haha. That's funny.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Quick question: Why are you on a Tacoma website and commenting on a thread based on why people bought their Tacomas? Then, bashing them and telling them that they will never know what a "real" truck is like with out know what trucks they have owned in the past?

Just wondering.

PS - My first truck was a Ford F-150 and I grew up with Fords. Every car and truck my family drives is a Ford. Do you consider that to be a "real" truck?

8. Apr 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    river rat

river rat Tool Geek

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '11 Timberland Mica regular cab.
    1. Because I needed a light sport truck and not a big work truck...better for my kind of off-roading.
    2. It has to fit in the garage.
    3. I did my homework so I didn't get ripped off again like when I bought a Blazer.

Products Discussed in

To Top