LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Why a Tacoma?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Why a Tacoma?

So let's hear it. Why (if multiple reasons, go ahead and list them all if you want) did you choose a Tacoma over everything else? What else were you looking at/considering? What market? Fullsize/mid-size/both?

The reason I ask, is I've read A LOT of threads on here from guys really liking offerings from the various "big three," especially the F150s. So I go to thinking as to whether you guys like the fullsizes out there, but don't need them, or what?

So, let's hear it
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
they hold their value like crazy. I got a new 08 for what i could have gotten a comparable used 2nd gen.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I have loved the look since I was real young. They are very powerful for the size and well built (the last one goes more so for first gens). The engines are some of the best out there. My 4 banger is bigger than two of my friends 6 cyls, yet I get the same mileage. They are great to serve as trucks and nimble enough for trails
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Why not?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
420Tacoma will become famous soon enough

420Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Its a Toyota. It's more gas efficient than the Tundra, so I chose the Taco. My cousin's Gen 1 taco made it to 500,000 miles & then he sold it. Original Engine & tranny. I was impressed.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I got one because my first vehicle was a 2004 Tacoma. Wish I still had it
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
Austin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the rough
Austin Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 06 F150 loaded up. One day I was driving and decided just to test drive the Tacoma because I had always liked the way they looked.
Test driving it was my biggest mistake. I had more legroom, it was smoother and performed better than my F150.

My wife thought I was nuts for wanting to trade to a smaller truck. I haven't regretted it since.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Taco View Post
I had an 06 F150 loaded up. One day I was driving and decided just to test drive the Tacoma because I had always liked the way they looked.
Test driving it was my biggest mistake. I had more legroom, it was smoother and performed better than my F150.

My wife thought I was nuts for wanting to trade to a smaller truck. I haven't regretted it since.

Wow thats a funny story! I don't know anyone who can make a direct comparison like that!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
Austin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the roughAustin Taco is a jewel in the rough
DG....it's a true story.

I did lose a lot of interior space in the switch. The F150 had the 5.4 V8 which, IMO, I always thought was too small of a motor for that big heavy body. The braking on the Fords suck! No acceleration so passing really sucked.
The Taco will get up to 60 mph quickly and get back down to 0 even quicker. It handles great and is smoother than the F150. The F150 bed bounces all over the place when unloaded. The Taco doesn't.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUZN2GM View Post
It's sad none of you guys know what it's like to drive a real truck.
LMFAO!!!!
Im guessing a "Real" truck would be a GM??? Like one of those FANTASTIC POS Canyons??
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that a joke? I drive all kinds of trucks at work since we have a small fleet so we deal with a lot of rentals. Over the past year of owning my truck and driving all the Fords, GMC's, CHEV's and Dodge's I prefer my own to them 100%. The best part of my day is parking that POS GM and jumping into my TOYOTA!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted a full-size, but for $10k + less I got a Taco with all the same gear, just a smaller vehicle.
Ford - don't like any Ford product, tho I like the looks of the F-150.
Chevy - possible no Chevy soon?
Nissan - crappy mileage
Tundra - crappy mileage, expensive and UGLY interior
Dodge - possible no Dodge soon?

Once I drove the Tacoma I was hooked anyway

Kenobe
Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
A real truck? Seriously? What makes youthink we've never driven one?

I've had:
F250
F150
GMC 3/4 ton

All but the F150 were 4x4. I no longer need those trucks and I'm not one of those guys who goes out and buys a big truck to drive to the store in. I bought what suits my needs.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
All the research I did says it is the best Mid sized truck on the market.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
jd31goalie is on a distinguished road

jd31goalie's Tacoma Gallery
It's the best out there!!! Best combination of everything!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I know it's by far the best mid-size out there. There's not even competition imho. I've just always had a thing for fullsize trucks. Seems a few of you like (or had at least) F150s. They're probably my 2nd choice of full size trucks next to the 1st gen Double Cab Tundras. My only regret with my Tacoma is getting the AC...which is why I'm considering looking at a fullsize AC or DC.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
the anti mpg
tacomajason is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-4 2A551 Crew Cheif
tacomajason's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
first off, this guy has troll written al over him.

second off, i get this type of thing all the time from my full sized truck buddies. lets hook bumpers ect ect. no shit i would loose, i didnt uy my truck for that. i could have bought an f150 or a silverado but thats not what i needed. you can't beat a mid sized truck for day to day use. and you can't beat a tacoma in the mid sized truck market...