Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

AC Tacoma Alternative. What would you do?

View Poll Results: What direction should I take?
Keep the truck 1 4.00%
Sell and buy an 05-06 Tundra Double Cab 2 8.00%
Sell and buy an 05-06 F150 2 8.00%
Sell and buy a used Double Cab LongBed Tacoma. 20 80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
AC Tacoma Alternative. What would you do?

So if you've seen some of my recent posts, I'm contemplating getting out of my AC Tacoma. I do like it quite a bit. I certainly have some issues I don't like, primarily the cab space in the back (and a bit up front). My 05 is loaded (Tow Package, Locker, 6 disc system, Steering Wheel Controls, etc), but I need more cab room (I do carry more than two people often, and it would be nice to be able to go for longer trips in comfort). My truck is paid for, and I don't want to enter into payments, so I would have to sell my truck, and pay cash for the alternative.

IDEALLY, I would simply sell my truck and get a double cab long bed, but I can't do that and still come out without payments.

I'm really left with three options (well 4 I suppose) at this point.

I can keep the truck.

I can sell it, and pick up a used 05-06 Double Cab Tundra (LOVE this trucks). I've found a few on AT in the 50-70K mile range for $14-$15K.

I can sell it and pick up an F150 (05 or 06). I love the looks of the F150, and it's one of the only fullsizes out there I think is at least close to comparable to Toyota. Problem with this is...well...it's a big truck...4spd tranny...and I THINK it sucks gas like no fullsize does, and I'm still a bit leary long-term reliability (150Kmiles and more).

Sell my truck, and pick up a used Double Cab Tacoma Longbed, and enter into payments for the difference between what my truck sells for and what that costs.

I use my truck to haul a wide variety of things (furniture, lumber, firewood, mowers, etc), but I don't foresee myself towing anything that would REQUIRE a fullsize, but they are an option because the AC fullsizes have a good amount of rear seat room that the AC mid-sizes don't.

I need to be able to fit four people comfortably in the cab as well.

So, what do you think?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
One reason I got rid of my 99 Tacoma AC was because I needed more room in the back seat. I now have an 09DCOR and absolutely love it. The full back seat is awesome and having the shorter bed doesn't really bother me.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
If you absolutely need the room, sell it and get the Tundra.

Personally, so long as I'm comfortable, the rest of those ride mooching leeches can have leg cramps till the cows come home.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for "Sell and buy a used Double Cab LongBed Tacoma."

Depending on how much money you have saved, you might not have any payments.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #5

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I'm really thinking that might be my best option (double cab longbed). I have 77,000 miles on my truck. Not sure what I could sell it for private party, but I may have to wait for a while. I have enough money to pay the difference in cash to avoid more payments, but those funds have other priorities right now (wedding and house). I just REALLY wish I had more cab room.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #7

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
i love my double cab longbed
Anymore pictures of the truck? From the looks of your avatar, it looks great.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
There's plenty of room in a DC LB!! I love it, would never get into an access cab after owning mine!