1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting too many speeding tickets?? Phantomalerts.com

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TRICOMA, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA [OP] Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Hey TW,

I saw Phantom Alerts on the news the other day and it seems like a good product. It downloads to your GPS system and tells you where there are speed traps, red light cameras, DUI check point. They claim it is a good way to avoid tickets. Check it out.

http://www.phantomalert.com/

Tri

2. May 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i've seen that in the back of car and driver awhile back. wasnt sure how legit it was. i dont know anyone who used it. seems like a great idea if it really worked

3. May 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    I have been looking at the website...it looks legit.

4. May 6, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    meh I can see it giving someone a false sense of security and getting nailed for speeding since they didn't think there would be any cops

5. May 6, 2009 at 8:58 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  6. May 6, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Uhhh....Just slow down and don't drive drunk...

7. May 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have check the areas around my house and they are accurate. I only checked the areas where I have seen cops park and chill waiting for a victim. I am sure it can be annoying at times...but I would rather deal with that then get caught unexpectedly.

8. May 6, 2009 at 10:01 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,

Yes but what happens when you are flying through a spot that cops don't normally sit? You would feel all safe since you little device makes you feel invulnerable, then get stuck with a big ticket

9. May 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

True...but you should just be safe anyways. Driving a little faster doesn't save that much time anyways. It seems like they are getting updates all the time. Nothing is fail proof...you have to take it for what it is worth. My current Garmin GPS tells me what the speed limit on the road I am driving on is and also tells me exactly how fast I am driving so if I am in an unfamiliar area, I tend to obey the law.

10. May 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    My Wife does everything that thing does.......

Products Discussed in

To Top