Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Birthday present!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Birthday present!

My buddy just brought this by the house as a new project for me for my birthday! I wanted something to wrench on and this is gona be it!
an old xr 200, it runs, starts firt kick, but has a few quirks, should be fun!
the bike in the background is my honda shadow.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hey everyone, so now the bike is in a lot of pieces, the tank seat handle bars and accessories, plastics, are all off the bike. it has one of those kill switches that you turn to the on position and turn to off to shut the bike down. I want to get rid of this and put the kind that you just push down on to kill. anyone have any experience with something similar?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
hey everyone, so now the bike is in a lot of pieces, the tank seat handle bars and accessories, plastics, are all off the bike. it has one of those kill switches that you turn to the on position and turn to off to shut the bike down. I want to get rid of this and put the kind that you just push down on to kill. anyone have any experience with something similar?
awesome project man!!! how many wires to the kill switch? if its just 2, or 3 for that matter.....a normal push button switch should work fine.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #4

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it's great! I think there's 2, i'll have to buy the switch and figure it out. there are a ton of wires, coming from the crankcase, and all this, hopefully I can run it without them hooked up
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yea it's great! I think there's 2, i'll have to buy the switch and figure it out. there are a ton of wires, coming from the crankcase, and all this, hopefully I can run it without them hooked up
if the kill switch is just 2 wires....you should be able to unhook those wires from the switch and wire them together.....should work that way.......that just makes it closed loop i believe.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
and then i'd have no kill switch at all?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #7

Quote:
and then i'd have no kill switch at all?
no....not at the moment, until you hooked the wires back up. i was only suggesting to do this if you were wanting to work on it and install a new type kill switch.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
thats pretty sweet! Im trying to pick up a blaster to do the same idea too
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
oh i see. well it's all in pieces, i'll just get a new switch and wire that up.

Yea I moved into a new place with a nice big garage so i needed something to start playing with