1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014-15 Mazda 6

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Styx586, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Apr 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    Styx586

Styx586 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I'm contemplating a new car to replace my current Camry. I had a 92 Camry, and now a 05 Camry for the last 5 years. I kind of want to change things up, just wondering if anyone has bought or driven a new Mazda 6? IMO they're great looking cars with top MPG... any experience?

2. Apr 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    No love for Mazda 6? Anyone have any experience with Skyactiv technology?

3. Apr 4, 2015 at 6:10 PM
    cevaes

cevaes TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    the piece behind the steering wheel ;)
    i had a 2009 mazda6, trade it in with 89K not one single issue... i can only assume the new ones are better, they sure do have the best interior in their price range, if i had to buy a car right now, it would be that one without a doubt

4. Apr 4, 2015 at 6:11 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Mazda quality isn't where it used to be thanks to years of Ford ownership. Skyactiv isn't anything unique, just a branding name for designing the powertrain and chassis "harmoniously" (as if other carmakers don't...)

Go for a Subaru Legacy if you want good handling or Camry Hybrid if you want really good fuel economy.

5. Apr 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Awesome... yea my father in law has a Mazda 3 and loves it. The new 6 looks fantastic to me for what i need it for. And it's packed with modern tech that the Camry, Accord, and other similar cars don't have.

Yea I know "Skyactiv" isn't really anything special, but the Skyactiv motors are direct injected. Just wondering if anyone has run into any problems on that front.

6. Apr 5, 2015 at 11:01 AM
    cevaes

cevaes TOYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Cesar
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR5 DC V6
    the piece behind the steering wheel ;)
    I currently own a 13 mazdaspeed 3 which is also DI, I'm at 40k and no issues yet, and I'm runing a lot more power than stockuploadfromtaptalk1428256833576.jpg

But I DD my lovely Tacoma, which will also get replaced when the new 2016s hit the lot

7. Apr 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Cool. That's a great looking car man...

8. Apr 25, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Probably too late on this thread but I'll likely never buy another Mazda. We have 07 Mazda 6 that was bought new. We have just over 100k on it and mechanically it's been ok. Did have to replace the air intake tube which lead another problem. I replace it myself but when I pulled one of the vacuum lines off the plastic connector in the intake broke off inside the hole :eek: like it was nothing.

Also has developed a kind of squeak in the front suspension that we have not been able to pin point. It sounds like the front end is going to fall out from under it. I've lubed up the components which helped quiet it down for a couple of days at a time. Ultimately the thing that has helped the most is a friend that has his own shop who checked it out for me says he see's nothing wrong but took a syringe and injected grease into the a arm bushings which so far has helped a lot. Known issue on the Mazda forums.

My big complaint though is the headliner. It's falling out and Mazda acts like they're stunned saying they've never seen that before and will do nothing for it. With that said go on the Mazda 6 forum and search about it. :eek: my sister had an 06 same car same problem. It's all over the forum too. And evey Odyssey's on there has the same story, Mazda will do nothing and wants like $800 to fix it. I'm sorry but this just leave a bad taste in my mouth seeing how there is an obvious problem over many many years and they won't recognize or do anything for it. I have no faith in them standing behind their product.

9. Apr 28, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 V6
    Ford sold it's shares back to mazda in 2008. All new mazdas are 100% mazda. I test drove a new mazda 6 and it really is a great car for the money. Its reliable, has plenty of power, and I have seen people get mpg's over the epa estimates. The subaru is also a great car.

Products Discussed in

To Top