1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

free inspection...sounds fishy

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by tacoma08MZ, May 14, 2009.

1. May 14, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    ok so when i bought my truck they gave me free lifetime inspections and its up this month, but, considering its the stealership, i can see them coming back and saying well blah blah blah you need this this and this, on a brand new truck with 10000 miles...my ass. just tryin to see if anyone has gone through this before and if they tried to tell you you needed stuff, cause nothings free with the stealership

2. May 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I have the same thing on mine but I know it needs new brakes. I plan on doing that myself first before I take it in. Mine is due in June.

3. May 15, 2009 at 2:32 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I had free oil changes including free inspections for a year at the dealership, they never tried to sell me anything except tire rotations which I declined and did on my own. Each dealership and each tech will do their own thing though, so only way to know is to try and decline anything they suggest.
    I don't think I'd take mine to a dealership just for an inspection without a service included though. I'd doubt that they actually inspected anything and I'd expect that they would try to sell you something, that is where they would make their money.

4. May 15, 2009 at 3:03 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    that part sounds fishy lol. you can always refuse work at the dealership. I know I did when they said they were going to charge me $4xx.xx something dollars for brakes. I did it myself for a 1/4 of the cost.

5. May 15, 2009 at 3:41 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    You will still need to pay for emissions. It's for the state safety inspection only. When I bought my 2003, Day Toyota in West Mifflin offered free lifetime inspections, had it done once and that's all they cover. I only had the truck for 2 yrs and 60,000 miles before I bought my 2005.

Marc M

6. May 15, 2009 at 3:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I think free lifetime inspections didn't mean getting a sticker for the windshield, it meant you can bring it in anytime & they'll inspect it free to see what they can rape you death on that may marginally be needing replacement in the near future like brake pads, cabin air filters, timing belts, drive belts, etc etc etc.

7. Sep 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    sportnobadges

sportnobadges Well-Known Member

Member:
    the great midwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD SPORT SR5 4.0L V-6 TOW PKG DEBAGED
    de-badged / weather tech digital floor mats front and rear / weather tech in-channel vent visors / A.R.E. MX cap / bed mat / blacked out 4s
    How do free "lifetime" inspections ever end? let alone 'this month'

Products Discussed in

To Top