LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

audi r8 test drive

Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
geerts016
geerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nice

geerts016's Tacoma Gallery
audi r8 test drive

so on tuesday night my sister got in a car wreck so we spent all night at the hospital. i went to get chinese with my friend chelsea and as we are leaving the parking lot i take a look across the street. i thought i saw a ferrari f430 in the gym parking lot across the street. but as i got closer i noticed it was a black audi r8. i had to get closer to take a look and after a couple minutes of admiring the owner comes out and climbs in. i had to tell him how bad ass it was and i asked if it handled like they say. he replied "want to find out?" after i realized he was serious he let me take it for a spin and get a feel for what 130,000.00 super car and 150 mph feels like, and i have to say it was phenominal!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
VancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud of

VancityCK's Tacoma Gallery
Jealous... I love the driving feel of German Automobiles. Nicest I've piloted were JC works Mini cooper S's, Audi TT Quattro, and VW GTi.

Still love my Taco, though!

PS. Hope your sister is doing well.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
You're one lucky SoB. What a cool guy to let you do that too. He let you take it to 150mph? Oh yea sorry about the sis.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Only in Utah.. lol
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
LUCKY!!! Nobody here would ever let you do that. They're all too stuck up.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
I was an Audi tech for about a year the only thing i ever got in was an RS4 and that was pretty sweet but the R8 is bad
Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geerts016 View Post
so on tuesday night my sister got in a car wreck so we spent all night at the hospital. i went to get chinese with my friend chelsea and as we are leaving the parking lot i take a look across the street. i thought i saw a ferrari f430 in the gym parking lot across the street. but as i got closer i noticed it was a black audi r8. i had to get closer to take a look and after a couple minutes of admiring the owner comes out and climbs in. i had to tell him how bad ass it was and i asked if it handled like they say. he replied "want to find out?" after i realized he was serious he let me take it for a spin and get a feel for what 130,000.00 super car and 150 mph feels like, and i have to say it was phenominal!
did you take pics?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
1) Do you know Makr?

2) That's badass that he let you drive it. The nicest car I've ever been in (well, besides my Taco ) is my buddies dad's Aston V8 Vantage. It's slower than his sons Evo though haha.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
I must say that if I had a $130,000 anything I can't think of a soul I would let drive it at all let alone 150 mph! !!! If this is a story make up thread you win hands down! ! !!! !

It may be true but just a tiny bit unbelievable! ! !! !!!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My dad owns a 2009 R8 fully loaded.

That thing drives even better than it looks.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
We have soooo many Lotus Exige S here in Auburn. and theres a Ferrari that roams around in Auburn occasionally
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #16
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
I must say that if I had a $130,000 anything I can't think of a soul I would let drive it at all let alone 150 mph! !!! If this is a story make up thread you win hands down! ! !!! !

It may be true but just a tiny bit unbelievable! ! !! !!!

It does sound a little unbelievable, but I believe it. There was a H1. I was also admiring his ride when at all of the sudden he threw me the keys and told me to take it for spin. So I gladly did and had a blast for about 30 minutes. The guy didn't even come with me. Strange to say the least, but I guess some are just very entrusting.

To the OP, Props of the test drive. I saw an R8 at the Denver International Airport a few months back and man was it a beauty to see in person. I could only imagine how it was to drive or even ride in.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
geerts016
geerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nicegeerts016 is just really nice

geerts016's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
It does sound a little unbelievable, but I believe it. There was a H1. I was also admiring his ride when at all of the sudden he threw me the keys and told me to take it for spin. So I gladly did and had a blast for about 30 minutes. The guy didn't even come with me. Strange to say the least, but I guess some are just very entrusting.

To the OP, Props of the test drive. I saw an R8 at the Denver International Airport a few months back and man was it a beauty to see in person. I could only imagine how it was to drive or even ride in.
funny thing is this same guy was talking about how he let a guy take out his H1 with his kids, he said the guy was gone forever and he thought he stole it. the r8 handled like a dream, it reacted to my thoughts more then my movements. that feeling of being sucked back into the seat was addicting. and i thought my headlights turned some heads but this was incredible, people were flashing their brights, yelling, honking, waving at us, and it was awesome how much of a chick magnet that car was i wonder what one of them would've done if i actually them catch up haha.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
The most powerful car I have driven was a heavily Modified Ford Focus.... It had some gut to it