LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Tacoma or Ranger (Ranger is $11,000 cheaper!!)

Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
You posted this on a Tacoma forum. I think you're going to get a biased answer as what to buy.

From my own personal experience, spend the money and go with the Tacoma. I've had 2 Rangers in the family and both have been garbage. Problems started on both of them right around 56K miles and they weren't the cheap stuff like belts and hoses. One needed a new electrical system because it started to corrode and they coulnd't stop it. The other needed the transmission replaced (and it was NEVER driven hard). Remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
the ford 4.0 is a great engine 2 of the mexicans that work for us have them ones a 01 and an 02, the abuse the shit out of those trucks havent died yet just keep up with maintenance and youll be glad you made the right financial choice
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #23
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both, and liked both.

If you are planning on keeping it till it falls apart, Tacoma, if not Ranger.
Check out RangerPowerSports.com
Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #24
jpg366 will become famous soon enough
jpg366's Tacoma Gallery
I've had two Fords and five Toyotas (soon to be six). Both Fords were OK to about 5 years, then began repeated failures (tranny, A/C, electrics, alternators, etc). Nothing close with the Toyotas. If you get a 4x4 Ford, make sure they got around to putting lube points on the u-joints for the rear driveshaft. Otherwise, wait until it squeaks, then put out $400 for a replacement.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #25
Tacomaui is on a distinguished road
Tacomaui's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people buy rangers because that's all they can "afFORD" Bought my first Toyota in May of 1990 and still own it and it's still going strong. stick with Toyota!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Im just goin to say you get what you pay for.
I use to have a ford ranger and Ill never own another one again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
a buddy of mine has a 2003 Ranger..... YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT. I mean come on its a Ford.

Just remember whose failing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
There are tons of reasons why the Tacoma is more expensive. I'll point out the obvious by saying the tacoma looks better, has way higher quality, more powerful engine, more modable dependable and the money spent on it will be worth it in the long haul when the ford breaks down after 100K and the Tacoma is still kicking ass and runs great and can run forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
tacoma resale value > ranger resale value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Just look at how many 1st gens are STILL on the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Past all the bias and jokes. You get what you pay for...11K is a lot of money but when it's for a quality product that will last you more or less forever (figure at least 15 years) or re-sell before that for better value- It's worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
as stated above. You do get what you paid for. I had a 90 ford ranger, piece of crap. 2000 S10, ran like a champ till I needed a bigger truck. 2005 F150, great truck, and now a 09 Tacoma. Wish I started out with the Tacoma, but decided on the ranger and s10 because of the $$$. Buyers remorse everytime..(Not the Tacoma)
And the Tacomas have it!!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomaui View Post
A lot of people buy rangers because that's all they can "afFORD" Bought my first Toyota in May of 1990 and still own it and it's still going strong. stick with Toyota!
I understand what you and the others mean. I was willing to pay the extra $5000 difference for the Tacoma before the new incentive. But now the difference is $11,000 so it's a tougher decision. Could buy a lg of u-joints for $11,000.

I really like the Tacoma so I think I will wait until the beginning of June to see if Toyota offers anything. The Ford deal is on till the end of June.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #28
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
I understand what you and the others mean. I was willing to pay the extra $5000 difference for the Tacoma before the new incentive. But now the difference is $11,000 so it's a tougher decision. Could buy a lg of u-joints for $11,000.

I really like the Tacoma so I think I will wait until the beginning of June to see if Toyota offers anything. The Ford deal is on till the end of June.

You probably would have bought the Tacoma if you did not know about the ranger...right?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #29
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
I've had both, and liked both.

If you are planning on keeping it till it falls apart, Tacoma, if not Ranger.
Check out RangerPowerSports.com
x2!

i do believe Toyota has some kind of special promo going on... "perfect timing" event??
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
I really really really wanted a Ranger when I bought my truck. My last half dozed vehicles or so have been Ford and I was actually a certified Ford mechanic at one time, so Ford was all I knew and cared about. Buuuuut after I test drove the 09 Ranger and compared it to the 09 Tacoma, I lost my faith in Ford's ability to build a small truck that was half way worth a damn. I mean a small truck with a v-6 that gets just as bad if not worse gas millage than it's full sized v-8 counterpart and a body style that hasn't really changed much if at all since the early 90's? That right there told me that Ford really wasn't trying at all when it came to their small truck line. I'm paying probably over $100 a month more than what I would have been paying had I bough the Ranger I wanted, but it is truely money well spent in my opinion.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #31
5vzrider00 is on a distinguished road
5vzrider00's Tacoma Gallery