Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Tacoma or Ranger (Ranger is $11,000 cheaper!!)

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma or Ranger (Ranger is $11,000 cheaper!!)

I've been trying to sell my Civic so I can purchase a new Tacoma. However, Ford just posted a wicked offer on their 09 Ranger Sport Super Cab.

4.0 V6, 4X4, Auto, AC, Power windows etc.

MSRP Total (including freight and AC tax): $26,539
Delivery Allowance: -$6000
MSRP less Delivery Allowance: $20,539

A similarly equipped Tacoma is:
MSRP (including freight and AC tax): $31,952

That's $11,000 cheaper!!

I really had my mind set on the Tacoma but man ...... $11,000 is a freekin' LOT of money $$$$$$!!!

I think I'm going to wait until the beginning of June to see what the new Toyota rates and offers will be and if Toyota isn't offering anything, I'm going with the Ranger.

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma or Ranger (Ranger is ,000 cheaper!!)-picture-3.jpg  
Old 05-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
ford=Found On Road Dead!!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Im just goin to say you get what you pay for.
I use to have a ford ranger and Ill never own another one again.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
You might also get a tax credit for buying a new american car. $11k is a LOT of money... I don't know what I'd do.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
a buddy of mine has a 2003 Ranger..... YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT. I mean come on its a Ford.

Just remember whose failing...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
There are tons of reasons why the Tacoma is more expensive. I'll point out the obvious by saying the tacoma looks better, has way higher quality, more powerful engine, more modable dependable and the money spent on it will be worth it in the long haul when the ford breaks down after 100K and the Tacoma is still kicking ass and runs great and can run forever
Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Obviously I own a Tacoma and love it and wouldn't trade it for a Ranger... but a good buddy of mine drove his Ranger well over 100k miles w/ no major problems. I know Ford isn't in the best position these days, but it's not complete crap all the time.

That being said... when he sold it, he bought a Tacoma.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma resale value > ranger resale value.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Tacomas resale value is extremely high right now.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
There are tons of reasons why the Tacoma is more expensive. I'll point out the obvious by saying the tacoma looks better, has way higher quality, more powerful engine, more modable dependable and the money spent on it will be worth it in the long haul when the ford breaks down after 100K and the Tacoma is still kicking ass and runs great and can run forever
Just look at how many 1st gens are STILL on the road
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #11
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^^yeah look at genxer, he has 117K+ on his 05, not a single problem yet
Old 05-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
last time i looked ford wasnt asking for any money such as dodge or chevy so they cant be failing to much, around here i see about the same amount of old rangers and tacomas. 11k is alot of money, especially now, if you were planning on keeping it until it dies i say get the ranger, on the other hand if youre gonna sell it in a few years buy the tacoma. if youre hauling or towing the 4.0 ranger can haul or tow almost as much as the tacoma. just my .2 cents
Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I checked the reliability ratings for the newer Rangers and it's quite high. One article mentioned that, since they have been building the current version for so many years, all the "bugs" have been worked out. Also ....it's 11 freekin' thousand dollars! I really like the Tacoma a lot but is it really worth 50% more than the Ranger?

The tow rating is 6000lbs for the 4.0.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
Sinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of lightSinister is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Logistics, Beans, Bullets and spare parts..
Name: Mike
Sinister's Tacoma Gallery
as stated above. You do get what you paid for. I had a 90 ford ranger, piece of crap. 2000 S10, ran like a champ till I needed a bigger truck. 2005 F150, great truck, and now a 09 Tacoma. Wish I started out with the Tacoma, but decided on the ranger and s10 because of the $$$. Buyers remorse everytime..(Not the Tacoma)
Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
if you have to finance the extra 11k for the tacoma based on the general rule of thumb, 1k=20 per month. that my friend is another $220 extra for the tacoma, thats more then i pay each month for my truck payments
Old 05-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
obviously a lot of biased opinions here.
$11,000 is a lot of money though. but it wont last as long as the Toyota.
Depends on what you expect, and what you can afford.
ford trucks are not that bad. recently I have owned a Ranger and F-150.
both were swell trucks. the ranger is a good truck if you plan on it hardly ever leaving pavement. the Tacoma is a better off road truck. but i have to tell you i don't think my 09' Tacoma will live up to the 94' I had. It's already had its issues. and i hear complaints on this site all the time about them.
in my opinion it's a toss up. savings VS. reliability VS. intended use VS. how long you want to keep the truck.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
I checked the reliability ratings for the newer Rangers and it's quite high. One article mentioned that, since they have been building the current version for so many years, all the "bugs" have been worked out. Also ....it's 11 freekin' thousand dollars! I really like the Tacoma a lot but is it really worth 50% more than the Ranger?

The tow rating is 6000lbs for the 4.0.

If 11K matters that much to you then get the ford. But what you pay for the Tacoma is worth every penny. You obviously are bringing up points about the ranger to defend it. The ranger in all will never come close to what toyota has to offer
Old 05-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #20
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
I had a '00 ranger for 8 years with over 130k miles on it with no problems. Nowadays as long as you take care of it anything will run for a very long time. if it was me i would get the Ranger. but thats just me. save my 11k for other things.