1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ants in my truck!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jilly07, May 19, 2009.

1. May 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    jilly07

jilly07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Westin Bull Bar, K C Lights, Weathertech Liners, Toyo All Terrain Tires, Dale Earnhardt, Jr Cannon (series 1091) wheels.
    I have ants in my truck! There is no food in there and I just had it detailed. When I open the door they are all gathered just inside the door jab(100's of them) and they scatter to every crack and hole in the floor, doors and dash. I'm going to get some ant killer to put on the ground where I park but how do I get all these suckers out of the truck?
    Just spray or bomb it?

2. May 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    hello there. ;) I would try to get some sprinkles instead. That way you don't stink up your truck. But if you wanted to kill them right away, spray away

3. May 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    i would flip the !@#$ out! i hate ants! time to drive that shiot in the river..

4. May 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    That blows big time, had the same issues with ticks 2 years back.
    What I did was make a mixture of bug killer, and used a eye dropper to put in the cracks. I went overboard with the killer stuff, but it killed them all.
    I bet one came in on your person or something else, or they found a route while it was parked.
    Kill em, kill them all.

5. May 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    You can get the little traps at the store. It contains boric acid I think. Just set it up in the truck overnight and they will take to it. In no time they will be gone.

6. May 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Westin Bull Bar, K C Lights, Weathertech Liners, Toyo All Terrain Tires, Dale Earnhardt, Jr Cannon (series 1091) wheels.
    They found a coke can.....and it had been sitting for about 7 days.......I thought they were all gone since I cleaned every freakin thing. Ok so bomb, spray, sprinkle and river! #$%! ANTS

7. May 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    i had that once in an old chrysler when i was in college. I had parked on an ant hill. I just parked it elsewhere, cleaned out the car and set out those little ant trap things.. left it for about 5 days and they all went away.

8. May 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Ok, I sprinkled junk around where I park and then sprayed the heck out of it and shut the doors, I'll give it a couple hours and then go open the windows. Then if that doesn't work......the river!

9. May 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    I'm not really tollerant of ants... I like to burn em:bananadead:

10. May 19, 2009 at 4:19 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    theres a post about a tacoma that thought it was a submarine earlier today... You may wanna check that - turns out the TRD package doesnt include submarine gear!

11. May 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
  12. May 19, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Holy S@#! I'll take 2...

13. May 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Use the Raid bomb. For homes but I have used them in my GF's car on multiple occasions. I put an empty wal-mart bag down under the can and let it rip, I usually put it on the center console.

Products Discussed in

To Top