Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

New Tires need... a little help

Old 05-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
flyby08 is on a distinguished road

flyby08's Tacoma Gallery
New Tires need... a little help

So I am helping my bro out a little, he got a 2007 Lexus IS 350. it needs new tires and and I have looked some that seem good:
Michelin Pilot PS2's
Good year Eagle F1 GS-D3
and i know toyo and Dunlop are pretty good.
I don't know much about sport or performance tires, or any Lexus forums and thought maybe someone here could help out

thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Club Lexus alot of people there put Pirellis on there Lexus
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #4

flyby08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The michelins are probably a good choice. I put Bridgestone Potenzas on my scion...Not quite the same level...but a good tire non the less.
thanks, the lexus came with Potenzas and they wore out way to quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I will check that out, once again thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check out a set of the goodyear eagle f1 all-season tires. great tread.......almost like that of the assurance triple tred's i have on the wifes honda. guy i work with has the f1 gs-d3 tires on his bimmer...............and those tires wear out pretty quick(yeah....it depends on how you drive too......he drives fast all the time)

Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

flyby08's Tacoma Gallery
I have to say that one of the main things I'm looking for is good tread life.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby08 View Post
I have to say that one of the main things I'm looking for is good tread life.
i can say this........as far as the tread on the assurance triple tred's we have now.....have had them a couple of years and put about 40/45k miles on them, and the tred is still great and shows very,very little wear. im pretty positive that the all seasons i posted would be almost the same.....maybe wear a little better than these actually. and they are great in the rain too.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
i have pirellis on my sabb and they work great, especially snow too
Old 05-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The michelins are probably a good choice. I put Bridgestone Potenzas on my scion...Not quite the same level...but a good tire non the less.
was it the G019 great tire for the money