Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone know about the 2007 Honda civic si.??

Old 05-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know about the 2007 Honda civic si.??

We are looking at a 2007 Honda Civic si for a second car (need a gas saver). We are talking about trading Amanda's 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 for it straight across. Looking for anyone who's ever owned one and would like their opinions. I trust Honda and know that they can be very reliable cars. I know their bikes are being that I once owned an RC51.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my sister has a si sedan 05 its a nice looking car but if your looking for speed/ acceleration dont get it...my tacoma goes fasther than her civic/ also its expensive to get the xm radio from the factory like $500 after to get it hooked up
Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My Neigbor has an 2 door '07 Civic Si, and its pretty quick. Gets 30 mpg, and is a pretty cool looking car.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's a pretty good car. Great MPG! A bunch of my friends own that model and I haven't heard any problems from them.

Also, thats going to suck for your girl to go from a diesel truck to a car thats sitting on the ground. After owning a truck for so long, I doubt I could ever go back. It took forever for my girl to get comfortable after she switched from her Mercedes POS SUV to her CTS. Might be better for her to get a small SUV IMHO.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I just went and looked at the neigbors car...He has a Si-R
Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Yeah it's a pretty good car. Great MPG! A bunch of my friends own that model and I haven't heard any problems from them.

Also, thats going to suck for your girl to go from a diesel truck to a car thats sitting on the ground. After owning a truck for so long, I doubt I could ever go back. It took forever for my girl to get comfortable after she switched from her Mercedes POS SUV to her CTS. Might be better for her to get a small SUV IMHO.
i know ive had the taco for only a few months and i get car sick when driving a car
Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
My wife and I own a 07 sedan (not the SI) and love it. We get 34-36 mpg. Oh yeah it's a manual too.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Cool guys thanks, we test drove an 09 today and they were trying like hell to sell us one. In my opinion, my truck feels quicker, however, the car is going to be way more fuel efficient. Even my Taco averages 16-17 after the lift and tires. It's got a good crash rating and has the rep of being a reliable car. Amanda is extremely excited to get the car too..go figure..she's a country girl who loves her big trucks and muscle cars..
Old 05-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
My wife and I own a 07 sedan (not the SI) and love it. We get 34-36 mpg. Oh yeah it's a manual too.
How is acceleration compared to an si? I understand that the standard 4 banger is rated at 140 hp. Is this true? I definetely like the fuel economy you guys are getting.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 07 Civic SI. It's an awesome car. It's quick, reliable and gets great gas mileage. I traded in an 03 Silverado for it but now I'm back on a truck. I like being on a truck better.

I only had one issue with it which was the third gear grind. I believe there is a TSB out for that now.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Veteran Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
I had an 07 Civic SI. It's an awesome car. It's quick, reliable and gets great gas mileage. I traded in an 03 Silverado for it but now I'm back on a truck. I like being on a truck better.

I only had one issue with it which was the third gear grind. I believe there is a TSB out for that now.

Good looking ride..same color as the one we test drove
Old 05-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Great and reliable. With a good driver, they can beat our trucks. Cheap mods will make it a fun DD.