Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Online Filter Guide

Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Online Filter Guide

You know those great-big books of filters you use to figure out which Mobile 1, FRAM, etc. filter fits your engine? The ones you find at any auto parts store or Walmart?

Why isn't a guide like that somewhere online? I would think that an electronic version of that would be relatively simple to create (basically a big spreadsheet) and should be out there somewhere.

Maybe it is... anybody found one?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
They have them in walmart on the oil filter aisle but I am not sure about personal computer use
Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
They have them in walmart on the oil filter aisle but I am not sure about personal computer use
Yeah... the electronic ones at Wally World always piss me off... surely something like that (but more user friendly) is available out there!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
you can look it up on mobil1 website, that how i found out advanced auto screwed me over
Old 05-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
This PDF has a lot of the different ones that fit the 05+

http://www.carfiftyfour.com/tmp/05_T...uide_v1.51.pdf
Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Hmmm that's actually a pretty good idea... it'd be cool if you could just type in the vehicle or select from a large DB online.... then if you have a G1 or iphone or other web phone just pull it up in the store on that if you wanted. *patents*
Old 05-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #7

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
you can look it up on mobil1 website, that how i found out advanced auto screwed me over
It seems like most manufacturers have something like it on their website, but it only tells you the part number for their product. I basically want to combine all of their lists into one master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
This PDF has a lot of the different ones that fit the 05+

http://www.carfiftyfour.com/tmp/05_T...uide_v1.51.pdf
I've saved that PDF to my computer now, thanks. Have one for a 2006 Lexus RX330, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Hmmm that's actually a pretty good idea... it'd be cool if you could just type in the vehicle or select from a large DB online.... then if you have a G1 or iphone or other web phone just pull it up in the store on that if you wanted. *patents*
That's EXACTLY what I had in mind. I actually went to the AutoZone website just now and you can pretty much do what I want. I just hoped you could get a table like the one in the book, just electronically.