Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Customer Service, GET OFF YOUR A$$???

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Customer Service, GET OFF YOUR A$$???

I know I'm not the only person who thinks customer service is important. Usually I'll just blow it off and tell myself, yea the parts will be here soon, but in this case I am kinda PISSED about the blatant disregard for customer service. other then the same sentence I have heard over and over (8-10 weeks) it seems there is no effort on their part to get off their ass and do anything.

this is the response I got from the email i sent below. I have called and emailed before and they always say the same thing, its like they dont give a Fv[I<

Yes it is 8 – 10 weeks and they should be shipping In July.

Kevin Barrett
IT. / Sr. Sales Rep.
ShrockWorks 4x4 Products
www.ShrockWorks.com
877-4-SHROCK (877-474-7625)

Origional message:
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:31 PM
To: help@shrockworks.com
Subject: order ***

Afternoon,

How about an update on order # ****, others have told me they were lucky enough to get their sliders in 6 weeks. Just want something a little more reassuring than “8-10 weeks is the norm”. I would love to hear “there in powder coat right now”, if it was true.

Thanks have a great day,

done ranting, just want my parts
Old 05-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
8-10 weeks to make sliders? They should have a jig made up for these and be able to pop them out in 2 hours minimun. Then the powder coat would be more of a hold up. That's just assinine.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Man that sucks. Idk what has happened to some vendors these days. Makes me appreciate guys like Marv and Sonny (and many others) all the more.

I can relate with Pop N Lock on the group buy.

Also I like how you censored the order number in the subject, but not in the email
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
8-10 weeks to make sliders? They should have a jig made up for these and be able to pop them out in 2 hours minimun. Then the powder coat would be more of a hold up. That's just assinine.
If that's all they make, and they don't have any huge orders (Ref the lead times for WO and Revenge Group Buys), and they have one person dedicated to building ONLY sliders, and they don't have any supply issues. Additionally- It'd be a a jig for each length for each tubing type and that's a fair bit of space. Any custom requests from any other orders would throw a kink in the works...

Whole LOT of variables when it comes to custom producing stuff....They should know more or less where your sliders are...A better answer than yup 8-10 weeks would be a bit more reassuring.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If that's all they make, and they don't have any huge orders (Ref the lead times for WO and Revenge Group Buys), and they have one person dedicated to building ONLY sliders, and they don't have any supply issues. Additionally- It'd be a a jig for each length for each tubing type and that's a fair bit of space. Any custom requests from any other orders would throw a kink in the works...

Whole LOT of variables when it comes to custom producing stuff....They should know more or less where your sliders are...A better answer than yup 8-10 weeks would be a bit more reassuring.
You can build an adjustable jig and referrence measurements for different lengths. It's just a simple set-up refinement and process enhancement.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
up date**

called last Wednesday to see about progress on my order. Kevin said "should be shipping second week of July."

In the mean time I started looking at pictures and thinking, 90" of slider for my DC LB with only 2 supports........I want the third. So I called back today and casually asked if it was to late to add the supports to my order. Kevin says, "no its not to late, we can do that for you. Dont worry about the charge. We should have them out to you in 3-4 weeks."

Ok, two weeks later than what he originally said last Wednesday, but If they were so smooth to say they had no problems adding the supports, I would probably not gotten them for another 4 weeks anyhow.

All-in-all I'm a happy camper (at the moment) with 4 weeks out and 3rd supports for FREE!!