Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Car Battery Explosion

Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Car Battery Explosion

Well this girl i know has an 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 60K on it and its a LEMON! tons of electrical problems. any way I got a call today, she said her car wont start and she heard a very loud pop or bang and she saw smoke. So I haul ass to help her. I pop the hood, and all i see is a destroyed battery and battery acid all over the place. So i helped buy a new battery and took out the old one and put the new on in, damn that battery acid is serious shit, my flipflops got stuck to her carpet in her jeep cause i stepped in that shit. What the hell could cause a battery to literally explode?!

even the side of the battery was cracked and was pushed out
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
What the hell could cause a battery to literally explode?!
When it realized it was in a Dodge, it killed itself!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
When it realized it was in a Dodge, it killed itself!
I harass her all the time on how her car is not good, i dont want her to feel bad, she needs to buy a toyota, plus the local jeep dealership closed up, shes screwed
Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
What.....and miss out on owning a hot Italian Fiat Grand Cherokee? I really don't know what compels people to continue to buy Chrysler products.....of all the big 3, they have got to be the worst.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
What.....and miss out on owning a hot Italian Fiat Grand Cherokee? I really don't know what compels people to continue to buy Chrysler products.....of all the big 3, they have got to be the worst.
They really have gone down hill, when i ride in her jeep i always wonder if it will make it to our destination.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
well my dads battery in his Acura 3.5 RL exploded once, always dealershiop serviced too
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Its just wierd on how that happened though
Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
anybody know what could cause this?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
a misconnection in the terminals might be the cause, or water damage or simply old battery
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
a misconnection in the terminals might be the cause, or water damage or simply old battery
how long do battery's usually last
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well they vary. most are good for 36 months
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
wont it explode if the water fillups are empty
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Same Thing

Now hold on guys, I had the same thing happen one month after I got my Tacoma, so it could happen to almost any car. It did not explode the same way but it did leak out of the sides all over the place and ate away at my frame and plastic parts. When everything was said and done they were not able to properly repaint it and restore all of the rust and damage. So I hired a lemon lawyer over it and Toyota paid me off for the damage they could not fix or that they didn't want to fix.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
Now hold on guys, I had the same thing happen one month after I got my Tacoma, so it could happen to almost any car. It did not explode the same way but it did leak out of the sides all over the place and ate away at my frame and plastic parts. When everything was said and done they were not able to properly repaint it and restore all of the rust and damage. So I hired a lemon lawyer over it and Toyota paid me off for the damage they could not fix or that they didn't want to fix.
Sucks about your truck, glad you fixed it. I told her to claim the lemon law, i better tell her to hose of her engine better, maybe i should go over and help her tomorrow
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
auart is on a distinguished road
Name: ART
auart's Tacoma Gallery
Have had this happen in a toyota myself. OLD Battery gets extremely HOT in the summertime HEAT. Stopped and turned the car off and heard BOOM. I knew it was bad and opened hood and it was dripping everywhere. Put a new batt in and all was well!
Doesn't happen everyday but it does happen. The guy that delivers batteries to stores told me they get exploded batteries back sometimes. All they say is EXTREME HEAT!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Sucks about your truck, glad you fixed it. I told her to claim the lemon law, i better tell her to hose of her engine better, maybe i should go over and help her tomorrow
yeah you might wanna do that. Is she hot by any chance?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Quote:
yeah you might wanna do that. Is she hot by any chance?
why do you think i hauled ass to help her lol
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #18

uh oh. well there ya go. excuse to just drop on by and ask if she wants you to " help her with the car"
Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
Quote:
uh oh. well there ya go. excuse to just drop on by and ask if she wants you to " help her with the car"
haha exactly!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #20
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
My GFs Grand Cherokee is quite a decent beast. Stop teasing them. Their full time 4WD kicks some serious ass.