Beating a speeding ticket.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #21
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Is there a video you can watch? Our system allows you to watch it.

I would try calling up the company that issued the ticket and talking to them. If you fight it in court it will go against your driving record and will cost you twice what you are supposed to pay now.

I just found this link
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index...66&Itemid=3550

says "Most photo red light violations are prosecuted because a vehicle has entered the intersection after the light has turned red."
I was clearly in the intersection when it was yellow

I called the court but I have to show up in person to contest the ticket.

They say the light somtimes looks yellow when it is actually red, but there is s red arrow right next to the yellow and it looks nothing like it! Fing STUPID!

Alright now that I'm done venting.. I called the court system in boulder and they said that I have to show up in person during their hours to contest the ticket. Costs me $25 to get a court date. plus the $25 in gas to go there twice and the work I have to take off to get there time. so needless to say I'm pissed, but since this doesn't go on my driving record, I'm just paying the damn $75 bucks and giving a boulder court system the finger
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trtripoli View Post
I just found this link
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index...66&Itemid=3550

says "Most photo red light violations are prosecuted because a vehicle has entered the intersection after the light has turned red."
I was clearly in the intersection when it was yellow

I called the court but I have to show up in person to contest the ticket.

They say the light somtimes looks yellow when it is actually red, but there is s red arrow right next to the yellow and it looks nothing like it! Fing STUPID!

Alright now that I'm done venting.. I called the court system in boulder and they said that I have to show up in person during their hours to contest the ticket. Costs me $25 to get a court date. plus the $25 in gas to go there twice and the work I have to take off to get there time. so needless to say I'm pissed, but since this doesn't go on my driving record, I'm just paying the damn $75 bucks and giving a boulder court system the finger
that's bullshit. Call them back and talk to a supervisor. They can do something.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #23
jholland52 is on a distinguished road
jholland52's Tacoma Gallery
for the guy that got the speeding ticket, i have had many tickets in my day and i have gotten out of three of them so far.. for one ticket i took it to court and subpoenaed the cop hoping he wouldn't show up (i have heard that if they don't show up the judge will drop the case because there is nobody to tell the other side) he showed up but i talked my way out of the ticket... the other two tickets i just hired a lawyer, the first one cost me $200 for a $147 ticket and the second one cost me $285 for a $165 ticket. they both just got dropped, i dunno what the lawyers do but they get the job done. from now on every time i get a ticket im getting a lawyer they get rid of it and i don't have to go to court or anything.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
Phillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud ofPhillyguy has much to be proud of

Phillyguy's Tacoma Gallery
If its your first offense, chances are the judge will drop it and give you a "non-moving" violation which means NO points, just a fine. If you are polite, honest, and accept all responsibility for not knowing the law, he will pretty much give you that warning. But if you are rash and defensive, he will enforce the penalty.

I have done this several times and have gotten away every time with just a small fine. And no, you wont get out of the fine.

By nothing short of a miracle the cop does not show up, all charges are dropped and you are free with no fine.

I wouldnt worry to much, you can try calling the cop but with the way the police departments are starving for cash, you can bet your ass he will be there. He could careless about the penalty, they just want money!

Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98yota View Post
Well, you have a right to talk to the officer personally about the ticket. He has full authority whether or not he wants to drop the ticket or not...and also whether he would like to speak to you or not.
no you dont

you do however have every right to defend yourself in front of a judge

i may sound like an asshole here...but unless i wrote someone a ticket for something that can be fixed before court...i wont see or discuss the ticket with anyone until im in front of a judge

as for the posted/unposted

its YOUR responsibility as a licensed driver to know the various motor vehicle laws on the roads you are driving on...as stated before

ignorance of the law is no excuse
Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Most places say that if its not posted, that means its 25 mph. Pay the ticket.
x2 It's god damn near impossible to beat the system dude. Just pay the ticket or attend defensive driving school and it won't go on your record