Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Front License plate

Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Jedidiah's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Front License plate

Alright guys i need some ideas!
I've got a new front bumper w/out holes for the license plate and i would like to keep it that way. Cop just pulled me over and told me to get a license plate on there as soon as possible.
Has anyone put on a front license plate without making holes and without causing any damage.

Pics would be really helpful too!

thanks
Sylas
Old 07-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
just put it in the front window...

tell the cop to go fight crime.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Yeah i hear you man. I told him i'd put it in the front window but he was telling me if i get into an accident it'll hit me in the face! I think i'll end up doing that and taking that risk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
just put it in the front window...

tell the cop to go fight crime.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
put it on the passanger side lol then its not ur face its theirs
Old 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
TakeItEasy

Haha thats exactly what i was thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
I had sticks of juicy fruit gum in my glove compartment in my high school sedan- Got into an accident...There was a stick in the back on top of the decklet/speakers...a piece on the road outside the car (only my window was open and none broke out) and there were several pieces around the front two seats.

Not to mention the fact that depending on the laws in your state may not allow you to just throw it on your dash...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy of mine used Velcro to hold his onto his Mini Cooper to get it signed off.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
TakeItEasy

Thats a good idea but i think i was looking for something thats more permanent. I was looking around the internet for some kind of "no hole" front license plate kit but it only seems to be for mini coops..nothing for tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
A buddy of mine used Velcro to hold his onto his Mini Cooper to get it signed off.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on making it permanent then why not just use the holes like Toyota intended?
One less thing to get LEO's attention.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
TakeItEasy

Anyone use zip ties...seems like it would scratch your paint after long use?