Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

toyota stealership

Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Angry toyota stealership

so on june 12 i bought some bfg all terrains at discount tire which were installed there.... so i noticed that my tire pressure gauge was on so i called them and they told me it takes a little while for the sensor to re-adjust itself.. so i said cool. Two weeks later i called them and said its still not going off and the guy said its probably your spare tire.. so a week later i filled her up to 35psi.... light still didnt go off and i didnt call discount tire after that.... so today i took my truck to toyota to get a few things fixed and i told them that my tire pressure light isnt going off, so they said they would take a look at it. so they just called me saying that discount tire broke my pressure gauge and the put a new one on for me for $260 (WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE FOR THEM TO DO) which is not covered in the warranty so they said call discount tire to try to get that 260 reimbursed so i called them up telling them the whole story and they said that price is BS they could get it for $40... i said ok so i called toyota and i said put the old gauge on my my tire and ill just have disount tire fix it... he said thats a problem cuz they already put a new one on (WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION) and he said im gonna have to pay it... then he said let me call my boss really quick and ill call you back...

thats where its at right now... im not gonna pay for $260 for a new pressure gauge when i did not authorize for them to put it on my truck.... when i can get one for $40 at discount tire.... actually for free cuz of warranty...

sorry just venting..
Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
so on june 12 i bought some bfg all terrains at discount tire which were installed there.... so i noticed that my tire pressure gauge was on so i called them and they told me it takes a little while for the sensor to re-adjust itself.. so i said cool. Two weeks later i called them and said its still not going off and the guy said its probably your spare tire.. so a week later i filled her up to 35psi.... light still didnt go off and i didnt call discount tire after that.... so today i took my truck to toyota to get a few things fixed and i told them that my tire pressure light isnt going off, so they said they would take a look at it. so they just called me saying that discount tire broke my pressure gauge and the put a new one on for me for $260 (WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE FOR THEM TO DO) which is not covered in the warranty so they said call discount tire to try to get that 260 reimbursed so i called them up telling them the whole story and they said that price is BS they could get it for $40... i said ok so i called toyota and i said put the old gauge on my my tire and ill just have disount tire fix it... he said thats a problem cuz they already put a new one on (WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION) and he said im gonna have to pay it... then he said let me call my boss really quick and ill call you back...

thats where its at right now... im not gonna pay for $260 for a new pressure gauge when i did not authorize for them to put it on my truck.... when i can get one for $40 at discount tire.... actually for free cuz of warranty...

sorry just venting..
That is bull. Never pay for work you didn't authorize. Make sure to ask them WHY they replaced it without asking you first.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
he just called me and said ok were gonna keep the new pressure gauge on your truck... and either we will make the waranty cover it or toyota will pay for it... so everything is good now theyre gonna pay for it
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
he just called me and said ok were gonna keep the new pressure gauge on your truck... and either we will make the waranty cover it or toyota will pay for it... so everything is good now theyre gonna pay for it
Good man. They'll try to screw ya anyway they can get it.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

sorry just venting..
I'd say your REAL f*k up was Discount Tire. They lied to you from the get go. They probably knew they broke one of the transmitters and hid it from you. I'll bet they break them all the time and they know it.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #6

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
They do know it. That's why they charge extra to do vehicles with TPMS.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Discount Tire a few months ago to check a price on a certain Bridgestone Potenza for my 2007 Civic and the guy didn't know what tire I was talking about. He then gets on his computer and finds the tire, but says I wouldn't be able to get them, because they only have 3 in the whole country. I went over to Tires Plus and they had them in stock. Mounted and balanced perfectly, tire pressures and wheel nut torque right on specs.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
there is a sign at my local dealer saying you will get a written estimate for all work over $100, unless it is a face to face meeting, glad they agreed to let you keep the new one.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Glad to hear it was taken care of. I'm with you, I would not have paid any money for some ones mistake.