Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

$80,000 question

Old 07-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
Question $80,000 question

Hypothetical question for you . . .

Let's say you had a rich uncle, grandma, girlfriend or whatever and they said to you "I'll give you $80,000 for any vehicle of your choice.". What would you get? So this could be a base vehicle with any upgrades you want blah blah blah up to 80K.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
bright red audi r8
Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
with my extra cash i have laying around
Old 07-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
nissan gtr, mustang saleen, evo 9 se with a shitload of upgrades, m5
Old 07-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I think a R8 is a bit over $80k isn't it.... I vote for GTR also but I think its also a bit over 80k but not by much.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
but thats why i said with the extra cash i have lying around
Old 07-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
corvette z06...kinda hard to be performance vs. price wise
Old 07-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Late 50's early 60's Corvette (Show Quality).

Nothing like owning a piece of American History......

Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy a 10K car and put the rest of the 70K in the bank
Old 07-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
A 5.7 Tundra Mega-Cab 4X4, and with what I had left I'd buy a used WRX or an Evo to drive every day.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
but thats why i said with the extra cash i have lying around
You have $60k just lying around?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
I would buy a 10K car and put the rest of the 70K in the bank
Whatever you don't spend on the vehicle you lose in this situation. And I guess I should've said that this will be a daily driver and you don't have another vehicle. I should've specified those details in the OP. My bad.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
OK then I would buy any 80K car, sell it privately, buy a cheap car and put the rest in the bank.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
SMO

I'm actually suprised nobody has said a Tacoma yet.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
I'm actually suprised nobody has said a Tacoma yet.
i like my tacoma and all. but i dont think its worth spending 30 grand on a truck and losing the other 50 grand...ill spend it all thank you
Old 07-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
SMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
i like my tacoma and all. but i dont think its worth spending 30 grand on a truck and losing the other 50 grand...ill spend it all thank you
I understand what you're saying. I guess I think of it like this. A Tacoma is a Toyota so you know you can depend on it for years and years to come. Even if something does go wrong with it, it wouldn't be rediculously expensive to fix it unlike some higher end vehicles. Also, you can mod the shit out of it and not be too nervous that you're jacking with a crazy expensive vehicle.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.internetautoguide.com/car...911/index.html

$76,000 Always wanted a 911 turbo, But i would be short $30K so the base model will do.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
GTR. Audi S6. CTS-V. Z06. C63 AMG. M5. I would have a hard time deciding on how to spend that 80k quite a few cars within 80k that I'd love.